Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A VERY SAD MMO STORY (PLEASE READ)

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=29262

God bless the kid, his family and all the players that helped.

I am very sad wish I was an everquest 2 player and could help.

Comments

• EluwienEluwien Member UncommonPosts: 196

Best and most meaningful funerals I've ever been have been in MMO's.

DAoC - 00-06 - And every now and then
    WoW - Online since launch - and now back again.
    EVE - Online since 07 - and still on, and on, and on..
    WHO - Online 08-10
    LOTR-O - Online 06-08
    Also played : Asherons Call, EverQuest, EQ2, Dungeons & Dragons, Cabal, Dark & Light, GW, 
    GW2, LA2, Ryzom, Shaiya, SWG, Allods, Forsaken World, ArcheAge, Secret World, Darkfall, Rift, ESO, Tera.

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

This is what MMO communitys used to be about, it`s touching and i did shed a tear or four. 

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

That is pretty cool I must say.

Nice to see a community pulling together and creating something.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Amazing. I miss eq2 very much so. I only wish I had more free time to play again. Definitely one of the better communities I have ever participated in.

• possessed1possessed1 Member UncommonPosts: 36

NIce. Now why don't MSN and other 'news' sites link this story? They always link the negative -- man beats up kid over game, man kills self over MMO, man starves self, etc. There's 'bad' as well as 'good'.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Nice story, good to see something truly good coming out from an MMORPG even though the event was a sad one.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Originally posted by possessed1

NIce. Now why don't MSN and other 'news' sites link this story? They always link the negative -- man beats up kid over game, man kills self over MMO, man starves self, etc. There's 'bad' as well as 'good'.

so tru indeed.

I guess "good deeds" do not bring in ratings. Never the less I am spreading the story around my circles, it is a story worth telling. My best wishes to the family involved.

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

That puts it all in perspective. Nice to see the community actually *be* a community. Cool.