Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BAldur's Gate Brothers we have an anouncement SOON!!!

Comments

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

LOL! thank you truth.. at least some people realize that humor still does exist in forums these days.

Honestly I wouldnt mind checking it out myself.. I have heard so much good about these classics

Only DnD games I have played on the computer were Pools of Radiance, and Curse of the Azure Bonds.. The originals.. Back on my Commadore 64.. LOL and believe it or not I remember them being alot of fun!

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

Originally posted by Gorilla

Originally posted by DAS1337

Oh it's Atari?  Great.. I'd rather them /RickRoll me..

Better than EA.

Well i would prefere atari than having another da2 dissapointment.

On the other hand it may be another dissapointment from atari :)

Lets keep hopes up

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

How is a game better than 99% of the rest of the video game garbage produced today a 'dissapointment'?  DA2 was no DA1, but readjust your friggin expectations.  They called ME3 whiners 'entitled brats', but man they have nothing on the DA2 hate bandwagoners.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by reignjuste

Better than EA.

Lets keep hopes up

Will be a 50/50 if Atari or EA will be publishing this BG. Atari has the D&D licence as well as the old (bankrupted) Interplay, while EA is BioWare's 'mother' now and BG is a trademark of BioWare. If I have to take a pick, I'd say EA because I have more faith in BioWare when it comes to RPG's than Atari...

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

omg!!!!! its BD3!!!!

• DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538

I would prefer to see Obsidian develop the third installment if there ever is one. Or at least do an epic remake.

• Storman1977Storman1977 Member Posts: 207

Originally posted by Reizla

Better than EA.

Lets keep hopes up

Will be a 50/50 if Atari or EA will be publishing this BG. Atari has the D&D licence as well as the old (bankrupted) Interplay, while EA is BioWare's 'mother' now and BG is a trademark of BioWare. If I have to take a pick, I'd say EA because I have more faith in BioWare when it comes to RPG's than Atari...

Actually, Baldurs Gate is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast.  WotC also recently took Atari to task for the mishandling of the D&D franchise and revoked the exclusivity from the liscense.  So, there is a chance that any number of developers could be handling a new game.

oh, and...less than a minute now

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

thats a lot of 0's and nothings happening

and, the BG site goes boom

• dronfwardronfwar Member Posts: 316

f5 spam YOU BROKE IT, server is burning

Just Hit zero and it's frozen wtf?

• DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538

And this was the birth of the BG virus which brought the world to its knees!

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757

Rofl, autoinflicted DDOS ftw! XD

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Originally posted by Storman1977

Ya, it's busted. Too many fans want to see what's up.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

I have to make the assumption that it's BG3 from the way the webpage is acting... "You must gather your party before venturing forth" image

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Ya, it's busted. Too many fans want to see what's up.

Haha, this reminds when I was working for Blizzard and we received a mail from the systems department:

-The Starcraft II internal beta is available now for download here (link)

3 minutes later the whole network at Blizzard's offices goes down.

Originally posted by Kabaal

I have to make the assumption that it's BG3 from the way the webpage is acting... "You must gather your party before venturing forth" image

OooOps my party is dead can i venture alone?!!!

• nycplayboy78nycplayboy78 Member UncommonPosts: 212

Yeah and the site www.baldursgate.com is down.....HARD!!!!

<sad kitten face>

• SojhinSojhin Member UncommonPosts: 226

.....if the "anouncement" actually worked after the clock struck zero I might be impressed.

Originally posted by Sojhin

.....if the "anouncement" actually worked after the clock struck zero I might be impressed.

Does that mean that EA/BW is the developer then?

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

lol

• VladanVladan Member UncommonPosts: 36

No, it's just an overhaul of the original more than likely, not Baldur's Gate 3.

If you took a look at the page source (before the server started burning), you could see the following comment "Shadowy Figure- Raise Dead : Infinity Engine". Infinity Engine is the engine behind Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Planescape and a few other games.

Also, the music playing in the background is comig from http://www.beamdog.com/files/overhaul. Overhaul Games (http://www.overhaulgames.com/) is owned by Beamdog and they have recently, well, overhauled MDK2.

• SojhinSojhin Member UncommonPosts: 226

Originally posted by Rabenwolf

And this was the birth of the BG virus which brought the world to its knees!

*laughs* A dark plan by the Lord of Murder for those that hit refresh more than 20 times...

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by Reizla

Better than EA.

Lets keep hopes up

Actually, Baldurs Gate is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast.  WotC also recently took Atari to task for the mishandling of the D&D franchise and revoked the exclusivity from the liscense.  So, there is a chance that any number of developers could be handling a new game.

oh, and...less than a minute now

*rereads the back of the BG booklet*

Damn, you're right. Trademark by TSR (now WotC). How could I forget about that *looks over the shoulder at 2 bookcases of AD&D books*

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517

LOL can still be atari if you ever saw how they mangled the ghostbusters game.

Either way this is a sad and pathetic start to whatever the announcement is.