Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release date!

Clypto75Clypto75 Member UncommonPosts: 70

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

About. Freakin. Time.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• Clypto75Clypto75 Member UncommonPosts: 70

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

About. Freakin. Time.

Couldn't of said it better.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

That's the nail in the coffin for me buying GW2 or returning to SWTOR anytime in the next 6 months.

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

am actually considering buying it now that the release date is out.  Always wondered if they would actually release it. Guess so.

Currently bored with MMO's.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

ill be buying both D3 and GW2 unless GW2 comes out first  (wont hold breath heh)

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

Just shaw it.Hell it's about time.

Seems mmorpg is sleeping

• MyPreciousssMyPreciousss Member Posts: 427

So after 10 years where "polishing" was in fact Activision looking at WoW profits and asking Blizzard to implement new ways to make money on top of the box for D3. Eventually done, AH for suckers and real-money. Then the game was ready... wait not really... no pvp, we are Blizzard we make a 10 year game and released it unfinished but don't bother our fanbois will find that's ok.

Still, after 10 years why is the game releasing unfinished? Guys, do I need to repeat myself? They need more time to find new way of making profits with pvp, DLC, cool store items or whatever, then they'll release new chunks of the game and ask you money on the top of it.

Anyway, sorry to p*ss on your joy fanbois, enjoy your unfinished dumbed-down game and don't forget to empty your wallet for what was once a great company and a great game.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    @mypreciousss, dont worry i will enjoy my dumbed down game. I also have my wallet ready. You can gobin peace now and go play ur super awesome game.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

Blizzard has yet to release a crap game.  Hoping it holds true, but I will be getting mine.

• NailzzzNailzzz Member UncommonPosts: 515

Originally posted by MyPreciousss

So after 10 years where "polishing" was in fact Activision looking at WoW profits and asking Blizzard to implement new ways to make money on top of the box for D3. Eventually done, AH for suckers and real-money. Then the game was ready... wait not really... no pvp, we are Blizzard we make a 10 year game and released it unfinished but don't bother our fanbois will find that's ok.

Still, after 10 years why is the game releasing unfinished? Guys, do I need to repeat myself? They need more time to find new way of making profits with pvp, DLC, cool store items or whatever, then they'll release new chunks of the game and ask you money on the top of it.

Anyway, sorry to p*ss on your joy fanbois, enjoy your unfinished dumbed-down game and don't forget to empty your wallet for what was once a great company and a great game.

I'll tell you why they suddenly decided on a release date despite the game being unfinished (no pvp and god knows what else they left out). GW2 just anounced there preorder date. Blizzard does this every time they see a serious competitors product coming out, and who would be a bigger competitor then the game made by some of the best people to have ever previously worked for blizzard.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

meh.....waiting for TL2 :) hehe

• EmhsterEmhster Member UncommonPosts: 913

And today we have learned a new definition: An unfinished dumbed down game is a game without PVP. So you would prefer to have a totally unbalanced pvp minigame slapped on the box as an afterthought to boost sales?

• FareasFareas Member Posts: 75

Originally posted by Nailzzz

I'll tell you why they suddenly decided on a release date despite the game being unfinished (no pvp and god knows what else they left out). GW2 just anounced there preorder date. Blizzard does this every time they see a serious competitors product coming out, and who would be a bigger competitor then the game made by some of the best people to have ever previously worked for blizzard.

and then Anet announces GW2 may 14th.

Honestly I'll probably get both of them, I played D2 and D1 a lot and I got 30/50 in my GW Hall of Monuments + the clan im in is going in GW2 big time.( since there's no lobby or player limits it helps)

I'm a bit bummed out there's no PvP it's always been a staple of the genre I especially loved it before they introduced synergies in a patch.

• NailzzzNailzzz Member UncommonPosts: 515

Originally posted by Fareas

and then Anet announces GW2 may 14th.

Honestly I'll probably get both of them, I played D2 and D1 a lot and I got 30/50 in my GW Hall of Monuments + the clan im in is going in GW2 big time.( since there's no lobby or player limits it helps)

I'm a bit bummed out there's no PvP it's always been a staple of the genre I especially loved it before they introduced synergies in a patch.

GW2 released May 14th? source?

• DeathspankDeathspank Member UncommonPosts: 139

I will be picking up both Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2.

Played the predecessors of both the games and enjoyed them throughly. And from what iv'e seen from the previews of both the games, they are going to be great.

Edit:- And don't listen to the trolls, the open beta hasn't even started yet so Guild Wars wont realese untill July-Aug at the earliest. The pre-orders were announced so they could give the added incentive of guranteed beta access to those who do pre order, along with the other goodies like 3 day head start and my personal fav, the awesome soundtrack.  

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Downloaded, and now just waiting for May :(

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

I'm torn on D3. Blizzards "when its ready" is clearly out the window from now on which also makes me question the quality of what they do have. I mean it took them how many years and then expect me to believe the scrapped so many systems in the game and got it polished in a few months? I dont care about the PvP and I never have. I want my solid dungeon crawler. Something just doesnt smell right about this though.

Will I buy it? Depends on what I'm playing closer to release. If I'm having fun with ANYTHING else I will skip this title at least for a while and watch closely where it goes.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

The next couple of months are full of releases XD

Cant wait for D3 

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

The release date announcment has been building for days, offcial tweets and such also there is a D3 press tour tommorrow so no they have not done this in response to GW2.

• Clypto75Clypto75 Member UncommonPosts: 70

Originally posted by xenogias

I'm torn on D3. Blizzards "when its ready" is clearly out the window from now on which also makes me question the quality of what they do have. I mean it took them how many years and then expect me to believe the scrapped so many systems in the game and got it polished in a few months? I dont care about the PvP and I never have. I want my solid dungeon crawler. Something just doesnt smell right about this though.

Will I buy it? Depends on what I'm playing closer to release. If I'm having fun with ANYTHING else I will skip this title at least for a while and watch closely where it goes.

With you on this.

Honestly, the only reason I will be playing is due to a relative having the annual pass to WoW. I pretty much have the same thought process so I am trying to not get overly excited. Hoping after the content shown in beta that the game really opens up because I found the content in beta to be a bit linear and a bit on the easy side.

• hazyhazy Member UncommonPosts: 89

I was so much more excited for this last year, now I don't care all that much.

• KaocanKaocan Member UncommonPosts: 1,270

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

That's the nail in the coffin for me buying GW2 or returning to SWTOR anytime in the next 6 months.

Looking like D3 and wait on SWTOR to get some more updates in and or until TSW comes down. Still warry on the GW2 issue, seems a ton of questions have popped up on it in the past week, makes me wonder on jumping on the raft until at least the BETA is done.

I'm already on board with the 1 year WoW promiss for D3 - I got the 1 year WoW specifically to get D3, they can have thier free 1 sub number for thier advertising if they like on WoW - still have a few friends there I can drop in every once ni a while and say hi to.

(DISCLAIMER - The use of the word YOU in the above post is not directed at any one person in particular, but towards those who fall into the category itself - there is no personal attack here, neither intentional nor implied.)

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Originally posted by oubers

meh.....waiting for TL2 :) hehe

Same. Just have a hunch that might be the better game. Guess I'll pick up both though might be at the end of the year depending on the GW2 story.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Most MMO players are a very wierd bunch of a people. They think that if game X (say Guild Wars 2) is great then game Y (say Diablo III) can't be great.

Most MMO players have the strange need to play only ONE game. They can't even comprehend that you might enjoy two or more games? You can't have 3-4 great RPGs, you can have ONLY ONE 1 great RPG.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532

Nice, just in time after my work crunch and GW2 release (which will be somewhere during the summer, I predict quite confidently).

By this fall I expect to finally have more than one game I can really sink my teeth into... TF2 (jeez, i stil can't get off it), D3 and GW2... and all those without monthly subs and crap. After all those dry years I feel like my "springtime for gaming" is finally coming up...