Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Releasing on May 15th

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Blizzard has announced that Diablo III will be unleashed on the world on May 15, 2012. World of Warcraft players can still score D3 for free by purchasing the annual pass for WoW. The deal will end on release day.

Beginning May 15, players around the world will be able to return to Tristram to discover the dark secrets of a fallen star and begin their quest to save Sanctuary from the impending demonic invasion. To secure your place as a barbarian, monk, demon hunter, witch doctor, or wizard right now, simply log in to your Battle.net account, and then purchase and download* Diablo III, and you’ll be ready to play when the game launches.

Read the full notice and grab the preorder link on the Diablo III blog.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

nice.-was it THAT hard?...

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

Originally posted by orbitxo

nice.-was it THAT hard?...

Based on all that was cut or highly modified in the last couple of months: apparently it was!

/still holding onto hope that it is playable

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Hmmm.

Will it be better than DIablo 2, or not?

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Haha well I am going to be swamped.  Tera 4/28, D3 5/15, TSW 6/21(?), GW2 ??? probably July the way things are shaping up.

This is going to be a fun summer.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Here we go again.

A release date is announced and the bashing and QQ begins.

Looking forward to may 15th 

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Heh, that's two months of my life left. o/

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Now to decide which to pre-order ~ the standard or collector's edition.  At least Blizzard got it right by not including a stupid statue and raising the price to $150.  The little diablo skull is pretty cool though!

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

my scarry moment of truth-although they are two different fruits- D3 is cutting it too close to GW2....

<.<

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Originally posted by orbitxo

my scarry moment of truth-although they are two different fruits- D3 is cutting it too close to GW2....

At least both of them are F2P, thus you won't feel obligated to keep playing one or both regularly!

I've stopped playing games that require subscriptions, because I'm finding less and less time as the years add up to spend with them.  When you can't or don't log into a P2P game for a few days or a week at a time it feels like a waste of money. 

• KizzattaKizzatta Member Posts: 59

I'll believe it when I see it. Blizzard is notorious for pushing back release dates..

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Regardless...

At this point, there is NO WAY it'll live up the hype.  Especially after all the cuts/changes they've made.

I just don't see it.

I will withhold my cash accordingly.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by Ikeda

Regardless...

At this point, there is NO WAY it'll live up the hype.  Especially after all the cuts/changes they've made.

I just don't see it.

Same here.

It's not fit to be named D3, it's a shadow of what Diablo used to be. Quite frankly, it's some kind of WoWablo pathetic attempt at a successor and I too will not be paying for this dung.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

This just in from Blizzard:  "We had to remove PVE from Diablo 3 to get it out the door. This has been an extremely challenging game to develop, or rather casualize D2. With the recent removal of PVP, we figured the next best thing would be to remove PVE as well to get this game out to the players. You will still be able to use the lobby feature, and spend money at the real money auction house. PVE and PVP will both be released as separate content packs, for only $59.99 each. Further information on PVE and PVP content packs will come, soon". Thank you

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

The reason I'm playing Diablo 3:

#1. Diablo 2 was the only RPG my wife would play. She loved D3 beta. I can't wait to play a VIDEO GAME WITH HER!

#2. I was a hardcore Diablo 1 & 2 fan. Although I'm not too happy about their RMT bullshit and lack of community chat features etc, I'll still play it... mainly because of reason #1.

• Capt.HerpCapt.Herp Member Posts: 3

After waiting for years, I'm not prepared to call it "dung" yet.  The Phoenix Rising guild will rise once more.  As to the cuts/changes, 50% of players are never happy in the game world -- it's a fact of life.  Withhold your cash and free up the servers, lol.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

D3 totally lives up to the hype.

Having played the beta and cleared the act 1 with all 5 classes I can easily say it's as good if not better than D2 :J

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I cant figure how or why it was such a struggle for blizz to make this game. Diablo isn't exactly the deepest/feature rich series ever made.

I'll be withholding my cash to see a few reviews first.
  • Crusix221Crusix221 Member UncommonPosts: 100

the day i leave the country for 2 weeks....

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Originally posted by Zekiah

Originally posted by Ikeda

Regardless...

I just don't see it.

Same here.

It's not fit to be named D3, it's a shadow of what Diablo used to be. Quite frankly, it's some kind of WoWablo pathetic attempt at a successor and I too will not be paying for this dung.

QFE

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

Bad news for GW2, at least from me.  D3 is the game I've been most excited for.  GW2 looks solid but I'll wait for a price drop after I've become bored of D3.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

probably unrelated

but TWO days ago, GW2 announced Presales will begin April 10th https://buy.guildwars2.com/

today D3 announced allowing presales 3 weeks before April 10th

seems too coincidental :twisted:

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

Originally posted by Nadia

probably unrelated

but TWO days ago, GW2 announced Presales will begin April 10th https://buy.guildwars2.com/

today D3 announced allowing presales 3 weeks before April 10th

seems too coincidental :twisted:

I hope Blizzard's bs use of RMTs will blow up in their face.

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Obviously in response to some of the GW2 news coming out. Blizzard is positioning this date to a expected GW2 release date to stem to bleed from WoW. Just odd how they magically pick a date after GW2 goes on sale.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

I'll probably buy it at some point but i lost all excitement for the release date a long, long time ago.

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

I've got it for free as I have an active wow sub but I'm not too fussed about it and dont think I would have bought it if I wasnt getting it for nothing.