Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Update 1.2: The Miracle Patch?

124»

Comments

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

can hardly wait, SWTOR is a great mmo for the casual player , I have a lvl 28 sith and a lvl 14 imperial agent, I play a few times a week along with me 3, and still playing skyrim long way to go in that excellent game

• newbonewbo Member Posts: 37

This "no reason to socialize" bullshit has got to go. If you need a game to give you features to "socialize" then you simply aren't social. I have yet to encounter an issue "socializing". If you want to socialize, go socialize, if you need a reason to socialize, then you probably didn't want to socialize in the first place.

/rantoff

• SoopamanSoopaman Member Posts: 65

Originally posted by newbo

This "no reason to socialize" bullshit has got to go. If you need a game to give you features to "socialize" then you simply aren't social. I have yet to encounter an issue "socializing". If you want to socialize, go socialize, if you need a reason to socialize, then you probably didn't want to socialize in the first place.

/rantoff

Could not have said it better myself. Socializing is more of a face to face interaction with your peers. Not hiding behind a pc using it a medium to interact with others. Also after a hard day at work. I dont want to talk with ppl I dont even know.

The Gaming Community Can Kiss My Arse

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Originally posted by palulalula

Originally posted by Pivotelite

1.2 does not seem to offer anything substantial enough to warrant it a miracle patch, people will sign in and realize the new features are very minimal and came too late and just get bored again. IMO.

@ the person above me - You are living in some fantasy world my friend, I want whatever drugs you're on lol! :D

Well, speak for you self dude. European servers are full of players and we are never bored :)  Yes i know it is maybe to hardcore role play for some of you guys and you need more simple kind of game. You will find game for you, do not worry, try Aion it is very good game and not so hard in pvp.

Hardcore? Seriously? Hello Kitty Online is more challenging than ToR.

Originally posted by mgilbrtsn

A miracle patch implies that it is needed to save a game.  IMO SWTOR is not in that position.

You're living in denial.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• lokiboardlokiboard Member UncommonPosts: 229

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

Originally posted by palulalula

Originally posted by Pivotelite

1.2 does not seem to offer anything substantial enough to warrant it a miracle patch, people will sign in and realize the new features are very minimal and came too late and just get bored again. IMO.

@ the person above me - You are living in some fantasy world my friend, I want whatever drugs you're on lol! :D

Well, speak for you self dude. European servers are full of players and we are never bored :)  Yes i know it is maybe to hardcore role play for some of you guys and you need more simple kind of game. You will find game for you, do not worry, try Aion it is very good game and not so hard in pvp.

Hardcore? Seriously? Hello Kitty Online is more challenging than ToR.

Originally posted by mgilbrtsn

A miracle patch implies that it is needed to save a game.  IMO SWTOR is not in that position.

You're living in denial.

I just quit because im a casual carebear i guess.....I got tired of a pvp system that uses the word honor but does nothing to the level 50 that stealths and waits till your lvl 33 engages a mob, before he attacks......Yeah boy, there is alot of honor there.....All i saw was bullying and gangs(guilds, laughable).  Back on subject...Everyone I know that went into this game psyched up, has quit. All of them.  Reason, BORED.....They sent me the "what can we do to get you back?" email and I typed NOTHING!   Such is life....Lucas wanted an easy game and got a boring one.....They are already sending out free-trials and comeback emails......gl to you diehards

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

Was 1.1 a miracle patch? Nope. Will 1.2 be a miracle patch? Unlikely. Just look at all the complaints about the heroic moment abilities, races and lore that have sprung up since the guild summit.

Everything they do (even if it's signed off by Lucas, as I'm assuming it has to be) cheeses someone off. Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing what they've done to my main's healing (Operative), and I think some of the legacy stuff looks pretty shiny, but I'm not expecting magic and rainbows to shoot out of my screen as the patch downloads.

I'll be on the PTS with my guildies having a nose around the new content (whenever it actually goes up there, looks like they told people at the Guild Summit the 13th, but it ain't up there yet!), but seeing as I haven't actually finished playing the stories I wanted to play they have more than this patch to fix the things that tick me off. And they won't be addressing some of that until further down the line, that much was clear from the summit.

I am glad that unify to chest is coming back, that's had me scratching my head since they removed it in beta. I'm interested in seeing other stuff, and I trend to agree that guild banks and UI customization should have made it in for launch. I'm fine with Ilum being sent back to the drawing board (it needs it, frankly). Apart from that, it's some new bells and whistles.  Not a deal-maker or a deal-breaker for me.

• arcwestarcwest Member Posts: 61

i liked swtor but it was always just a filler game for me between, Bored with wow, and waiting on GW2 and The Secret World.

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

Too little, too late. Most MMO's get only the once chance to grab and hold people up front at launch. Fail to hold them and few will be willing to return later.

Super Secret Sauce miracle patches have never fix all they claim to, they mostly just introduce new issues and imbalances. As said above more than once, most of this should have been there from day 1. The guilds SWTOR chapter was thriving a few weeks ago, running Hard and Nightmare ops, now they are begging people to log on for an OP, any op.

• KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

Some of these things seem pretty cool. but how does this help build a virtual world, creating a vibrant community and a sense of newness and freshness every time you log on?

Simply it doesn't because this game is a themepark, and even with these cool things, you will become horrible lonely after a while. the game doesnt want you to play together. so many barriers that let people just have fun. instead your wasting time doing stupid shit.

SWTOR is a great game. its terrific in many ways, but it fails to solve the crappyness of this genre.

• NightfyreNightfyre Member UncommonPosts: 205

Originally posted by CyclopsSlay

Too little, too late. Most MMO's get only the once chance to grab and hold people up front at launch. Fail to hold them and few will be willing to return later.

Super Secret Sauce miracle patches have never fix all they claim to, they mostly just introduce new issues and imbalances. As said above more than once, most of this should have been there from day 1. The guilds SWTOR chapter was thriving a few weeks ago, running Hard and Nightmare ops, now they are begging people to log on for an OP, any op.

I would have to disagree with the first part, at least.  Ultima Online being the best example of a game which was failing at the beginning but still managed to keep going.  Despite all the bugs.... hmm now that I think about it as I type; wasn't much competition in the mmo department anyways; suppose if it came out now it would likely fail with it's bugs.

Every patch I've been through from Ultima Online, Dark Age of Camelot through SW:tor always introduce a new unforseen problem (bug, power/spell interactions not working right and so on).  So they'll wait till next week to fix it; well unless you're Rift who had a patch in almost every day.   You will never have a perfect patch, I don't care what people claim or how they think they should do it; you just wont, not now at least.  

And to the guilds wanting more material, that's a problem of the player in a majority amount of cases (this coming from playing other games and reading forums, I'm going to say WoW was the major problem of this, maybe Dark Age of Camelot was the origin).  They burn through material faster then games can put out; being that the game is way to easy to solo and numerous quest to give you xp that gets you to the end faster (rest xp also factoring into this).  SW:tor is still new, but at least they're trying and once this new patch/flash point is introduced it'll be farmed in a day and then they'll cry for more the next day.

• emotaemota Member UncommonPosts: 413

Originally posted by MikeB

Update 1.2: Legacy is shaping up to a massive patch. But are expectations too high? We share our thoughts in this week's SWTOR column!

It almost feels like the run-up to launch all over again. For years, many gamers built up expectations for Star Wars: The Old Republic and there was no way BioWare could ever imagine to meet them. Now here we are again. Opinions on Star Wars: The Old Republic since the game launched are varied, ranging from complete detractors to your typical fanboys, but those somewhere in the middle have a number of clear issues with the game – issues that many are pinning on BioWare to address by update 1.2.

Read more of Michael Bitton's Star Wars: The Old Republic: Update 1.2: The Miracle Patch?

Your clearly are on a  different planet, miracle patch? absolutely not, removing the broken OWPVP, gj BW...Game over.  The pvp community went long ago, this just sealed the deal.

• tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421

My sub runs out next month and that will be it for me. 1.2 does nothing for me. I had hopes for the Legacy system but now it seems that it requires social or valor points and neither facet appeals to me. I enjoyed my first 6 weeks with SWTOR but, as I am not interested in raiding or pvp, once I hit level 50 I was done with that toon. I got two alts to level 30 but burned out - not even the story can make me slug through the same zones time after time after time again. I don't believe that people realize one of the reasons for WOW's success - more than one leveling zone per level for each faction. All the time that BW spent on voice and story would have been better spent on adding other planets for leveling.  

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

The people marketing SWTOR are awful. The more SWTOR is brought up, the more people hate it.

It reminds me of the famous speech in the play 'Julius Caeser', where Mark Antony keeps saying that "Brutus is an honorable man"

By the end of that speech, the crowd want to kill Brutus.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

tor need servers merge,1.2 patch  cant help increase population

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Originally posted by Rudras

tor need servers merge,1.2 patch  cant help increase population

1.7 million players? The pops more than healthy.  Shouldve picked a better server bro.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• Cirn0Cirn0 Member Posts: 162

1.2 should've been the realese patch, too bad grEAdy guys wanted to get both sometesting AND money.

IZI MODO?! Ha-ha-ha!

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

One thing I've noticed about the upcoming patch is that none of my guild mates can lock down just exactly what it is that will improve about the game after the patch goes live.

None of them are impressed with the Legacy system, and neither am I.  It sounds like someone was scrambling to come up with something in a hurry, and we're getting the half-assed early-beta version of it as a live patch.

The changes to Crew Skills are something that should have--- and excuse me for regurgitating something you keep seeing in SWTOR threads--- should have been in the game already.  Nothing is "impressive", it leaves me more with a feeling of, "it's about damned time."

Many of my guild mates are old friends that I have been gaming with for years through several MMO's, but I'm lucky if I see them log on to SWTOR for more than a few daily quests every now and then, they're just not that interested in playing anymore.  Some of them have returned to other games.

No, the miracle would be if BioWare dumped EA and found a publisher that actually gave a damn about the state of the company, and not just trying to squeeze the last ounce of life-blood from an established developer before throwing its ruined corpse away.

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

1.7 million my ass.

Servers are going into freefall last few weeks numbers have halved, now standing at 1/3 or less of lauch population & this is on a server that was sufferring queues during launch week.

Gamehoppers have left leaving people stranded on severely depleted servers, no merge/transfer on the horizon & x-server tech is a long way off, it wont arrive in time to stem the bleeding, people who want to continue having a community are dropping & rerolling on the tiny number of populated servers or joining the leavers.

1.2 will be too late

1.2 class balance (aka nerf the healers to make content harder) will be a big part of driving even more players away.

Seems everything Mythic touches turns to shit.