Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Update 1.2: The Miracle Patch?

Comments

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Originally posted by Pivotelite

1.2 does not seem to offer anything substantial enough to warrant it a miracle patch, people will sign in and realize the new features are very minimal and came too late and just get bored again. IMO.

@ the person above me - You are living in some fantasy world my friend, I want whatever drugs you're on lol! :D

Well, speak for you self dude. European servers are full of players and we are never bored :)  Yes i know it is maybe to hardcore role play for some of you guys and you need more simple kind of game. You will find game for you, do not worry, try Aion it is very good game and not so hard in pvp.

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

*waves hand slowly in front of face*

This is not the patch you are looking for.

• noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718

One of the difficulties of replying to columns like this is that if you say anything critical of the game or the fact that the MMORPG.com Community Manager, the author of this article, has been one of the most vociferous cheerleaders for SWTOR and EA over the past two years, you will get your post [mod edited] and your account [suspended]. This was not the case when Taera was Communit Manager.

• SQTOSQTO Member UncommonPosts: 189

Originally posted by Yamota

No. One additional warzone does little in promoting the Empire vs Republic war, which should be the focus of the game. 1.2 are just gimmicks to keep people playing a bit longer.

and that one warzone was made intending for faction vs faction, as well 1.2 will make voidstar faction vs faction. 

• gazzamgazzam Member Posts: 3

im so peeved i got  sucked in by the hype ,£60 for 3 weeks play , i never even made a sub ,(i was in beta), this is an old hat game ( 4 years wow, 2 years everquest1/2)£60 what was i thinking,, :(

• newbonewbo Member Posts: 37

Originally posted by mgilbrtsn

A miracle patch implies that it is needed to save a game.  IMO SWTOR is not in that position.

It's only the internet voice here and on reddit that believe the game is dying. People who are generally satisfied don't reply or post their opinions. It's usually the way things are.

• stratasaurusstratasaurus Member Posts: 220

I cancelled my sub today.  Havent played the game for 3 weeks.  Pretty good game until you hit 50 then not so much.  I don't see anything in 1.2 that would change it for me.

• BloodyVikingBloodyViking Member UncommonPosts: 132

An irrelevant patch for an insignificant MMO. Enjoy! And to BioWare /EA...better luck next time?...if you got the funds for one that is...

For me this game is forever shelfed and has been notched off as a dissapointment and not worth the investment.

Would be awesome if any developer would make a game that was innovative and fun to play for a change...

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907

Originally posted by thamighty213

Just unsubbed due to the comments that they dont really care about Ilum and it will be ready when its ready and that focus will now shift to warzone pvp.

1.2 heroic moments had a large part to play in it also with some that idiotic introduced its only a matter of time before SWTOR has pandas etc

Think it just took a little longer to get to the eureka "Hey this is just another PVE fest thempark where only the raiders are really catered for" moment.

Back to L2 or Aion until TSW

"Another PvE fest"? Hardly.

I am a PvE Player and from my point of view SWTOR was meant to be a PvP MMO, but they missed the mark by miles. Way too much *empty* space in the game for a PvE MMO. It screams "open world PvP ready". Look at how Nar Shaddaa was designed for a good example of this.

Are parts and sections of SWTOR's PvE world fun? Yes I had a lot of fun... but the content is limited like a free to play MMO. Not acceptable for a subscription MMO. PvE is SWTOR is just a quick fast path to get you to level 50 to join in the "fun" that... well... wasn't. That's all PvE was meant for in SWTOR. Just a quick path to level cap.

I myself look for MMOs designed for the Journey to mean as much as the Destination. That's part of what's wrong with SWTOR... Bioware and EA spent 200 mil and for that money they could have, and should have, created a MMORPG/MMOG that provided significant content for both camps, the PvE crowd and the PvP crowd.

Who did they please? Neither. Only the loyal Star Wars fans and Bioware fans are keeping this MMO alive right now. That's a sad state for a MMO that's not even 6 months old yet.

Patch 1.2 can't even begin to fix all this. No Patch can. All it can do is be a "fresh change of bandages".

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907

SWTOR missed the mark and failed to please both the PvE camp and the PvP camp. Patch 1.2 won't fix that, it helps, but not really enough to make a real difference.

So what could or should Bioware do now?

I am a PvE Player and a fan of Star Wars so what I am about to suggest hurts... but I feel it's best for this MMO.... I gain absolutely nothing making this suggestion....

What Bioware needs to do right now is steer SWTOR into becoming a true PvP centric MMO, forget the level 50 Raid content and just keep the early levels of PvE content to help Players get leveled up. Start getting Players into PvP starting on Nar Shaddaa and Tatooine.

Yes I said a PvP centric MMO. Me, a PvE Player. To me the IP is more important than trying to please everyone... because no one can please evryone.... so at least make the PvP camp happy. it fits best with the Lore and the IP, the story.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Originally posted by Horusra

No flashpoint finder...I will not be returning.

Too hard to get 3 other friends together eh?

• shavashava Member UncommonPosts: 324
    I really feel like 1.2 is 1.0, and we've been living with 0.7 or so since beta...;)
  • BunnykingBunnyking Member UncommonPosts: 126

I won't be resubbing from the looks of it:

1) I'm happy playing other games atm.

2) I had fun on my first run through the game, after that, not so much.

3) They're not adding much that I actually think is very interesting, Legacy in particular is a HUGE let-down for me.

4) The game just isn't fun enough. I can't put my finger on it, but somewhere something went wrong.

5) I just feel a bit cheated. Basically ALL the 1.2 stuff should have been in at release, except for the new FP and such.

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

i disagree with everything u have said. i am playing more then one character at a time so i dont have a level 50 although im only 4 levels away

That said if ind playing an empire and republic character gives me alot of fun while given me diffrent looks of the story. 

The truth is there is no need for a miracle patch. Open world pvp needs to be fixed but the rest of the game actually runs pretty well

I know tor has faults its not perfect but its very fun for me. 

That said this site will never give any story about tor a positive spin. If u expect that here u came to wrong place, Everyone here is liek tor is dying, 

Bioware stated they ahve 1.7 million active subs a week ago. And yet others claim they hav eless then a million and its dyng and going free 2 play,

So i dont expect anyone on this site to actually give biowware any credit but for me tor is a good game and 1.2 is a huge update im looking forward to.

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842

There has never nor will there ever be a MIRACLE patch for any game. Were one person loves it, the next will hate it. It's called being human. And seriously MMORPG? When did you guys start posting bandwagon stuff like this. Trust me, the only miracles that happen, are at hospitals and churches supposively. And I doubt this game is headed there anytime soon.

So what now? You going to make another post that basically brings people to flame in the comments section. Or shall we start putting up proper threads/posts that dont make people want to start trolling. I mean seriously, look up, enough mod edits or do you guys do this so you have something to do?

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by Gardavsshade

SWTOR missed the mark and failed to please both the PvE camp and the PvP camp. Patch 1.2 won't fix that, it helps, but not really enough to make a real difference.

So what could or should Bioware do now?

I am a PvE Player and a fan of Star Wars so what I am about to suggest hurts... but I feel it's best for this MMO.... I gain absolutely nothing making this suggestion....

What Bioware needs to do right now is steer SWTOR into becoming a true PvP centric MMO, forget the level 50 Raid content and just keep the early levels of PvE content to help Players get leveled up. Start getting Players into PvP starting on Nar Shaddaa and Tatooine.

Yes I said a PvP centric MMO. Me, a PvE Player. To me the IP is more important than trying to please everyone... because no one can please evryone.... so at least make the PvP camp happy. it fits best with the Lore and the IP, the story.

thanks for playing, but there's no chance of that.

in reality, it needs to be wrenched off the mmo list and shoved onto the rpg list where it belongs. add a little more colour to the game, more class/personal quests and remarket it that way. face it, every other mmo element in the game is broken to the point of irrepairability. it needs to go where its strengths lie: the story. it needs to fix that up and cement it shut.

needs to stop calling itself an mmo...

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

Not to sure if a patch is gonna fix the game,to me this is the same situation as Final fantasy 14 albeit FF was not even remotely fully realised at launch and they now have an incredible scedhule,as basically they are relaunching as 2.0 and are aiming for a 2013 date for complete revamp !!

TO revamp SWTOR to that stage would be a failure in Bioware's eyes and investors will not like 150 million dollars wasted again, and it would not be financially viable the game has features missing from every generic Mo that it wants to plagarise, also no proper space content at launch or a viable space alternative to on rails play killed it stone dead for me,but if they do make a super duper patch and a free trial i would try it as the IP deserves some respect at last.

p>
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Originally posted by headphones

thanks for playing, but there's no chance of that.

in reality, it needs to be wrenched off the mmo list and shoved onto the rpg list where it belongs. add a little more colour to the game, more class/personal quests and remarket it that way. face it, every other mmo element in the game is broken to the point of irrepairability. it needs to go where its strengths lie: the story. it needs to fix that up and cement it shut.

needs to stop calling itself an mmo...

Its more of a MMO than the vast majority of titles on this site (Vindictus, Dragons Nest, Elsword etc etc). The end game is pure MMO, theres no story after 50, its the standard dungeon / battleground / raid themepark MMO.

If its not your thing, great, move along. But saying its not a MMO is just ignorant.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Originally posted by kalinis

i disagree with everything u have said. i am playing more then one character at a time so i dont have a level 50 although im only 4 levels away

That said if ind playing an empire and republic character gives me alot of fun while given me diffrent looks of the story. 

The truth is there is no need for a miracle patch. Open world pvp needs to be fixed but the rest of the game actually runs pretty well

I know tor has faults its not perfect but its very fun for me. 

That said this site will never give any story about tor a positive spin. If u expect that here u came to wrong place, Everyone here is liek tor is dying, 

Bioware stated they ahve 1.7 million active subs a week ago. And yet others claim they hav eless then a million and its dyng and going free 2 play,

So i dont expect anyone on this site to actually give biowware any credit but for me tor is a good game and 1.2 is a huge update im looking forward to.

I couldn't have expressed my thoughts any better than you did. It isn't perfect, but I know Bioware will eventually make this a true AAA title. I plan on playing it for many years to come.

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

This is my personal opinion so don't take it as truth, it is for me.....You can't have a starwars MMORPG when they already had one and it failed. starwars a great franchise before the prequels. and the last movie was the best of those.

But another MMO? and one that wanted to be like Wow? you can never achieve the success wow had. and you can never make a new starwars MMO with less options then the first SW MMO which was a sandbox. NGE failed for a reason and we all knew why. but BW must have been smoking some good dank if they thought yet another MMO with no sandbox that was rushed to release because some bean counter farted 200 millions bucks and told them to get a release asap on a untested middleware that indie developers who use it today have a faster version of the  engine then the one BW is using.

Still a good MMO but you learn from blizzard that taking your time and creating something requires it wont get released until they can stamp the blizzard name on it. and even then scarpping it starting again should be a options thats on the table.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Originally posted by mmoDAD

Let's see...

Housing that actually matters, e.g., ability to decorate and use the furniture etc? No.

World PvP? No.

Less funneled worlds and zones? No.

Any new reason to socialize with another human being? No.

This game just doesn't feel like a MMORPG.

Smack on a generic everything and...  This.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

If they introduce a cross server group finder tool then it will be worth trying the game again, but until they do, i think i'll stay unsubbed, solo games just arent my thing.

• Whiskey_SamWhiskey_Sam Member UncommonPosts: 323

There is no miracle patch, and this patch is just more of the same.  Half-thought out ideas, mediocre implementation.  I cancelled my sub when I saw what was coming down the pike.

• red_cruiserred_cruiser Member UncommonPosts: 486

Given up and quit. Would rather wait for a new game at this point, since so many are coming out this year.  I've got plenty of stuff to keep me busy in the meantime. 

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,495

Yup, most of this stuff should have been in at launch. Holding it and releasing it all together as the full 1.2 package (and due to that, slipping back at least a full month...) was a bad idea as well. I'd rather see weekly improvements than one large patch that comes some time after my sub expires. I got the "free" 30 days and then one 90 day period. A few weeks back, I turned my renewal off and am just playing the last time. I may check it out around 1.8 or 1.9.  Maybe.