Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The game is going into beta, finally, so... why the qq?

WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

Arena net is finally, after years of waiting, starting to begin the release process with closed beta and announcing the Public Beta's and preorders.

Yet, 9/10 posts on this section are..  WTF CE too expensive. WTF CE items blow. WTF need to buy the game for beta. WTF  no forums.

What’s with all this ridicules negativity?  I’m not trying to draw arguments. But honestly -- this is a really exciting time for all of us who have been keeping an eye on this game. We are all finally going to be able to play this game in a little over 1 month.

Did you read that..

All of us who preordered WILL be playing GUILD WARS 2 in just over a month in April. Never mind that’s its a beta, we will be able to finally play it and see firsthand what this game is really about.

Let’s stop with this Nit Picking, it really shows just how crappy the MMO fan base has become.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

Comments

• PangentorPangentor Member Posts: 129

Also the WTF I can't trade items in game, and have to use a mail-interface in the UI.  Although I believe the ballyhoo of that thread was placated when it was determined that a pigeon animation was involved.  I couldn't agree more, though OP...fun times will soon be had.

• InFaVillaInFaVilla Member Posts: 592

Because not everyone accepts the flaws that are starting to appear. Just because a person has many reasons to look forward to GW2, it doesn't mean that you need to stay all positive about every issue.

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

Originally posted by InFaVilla

Because not everyone accepts the flaws that are starting to appear. Just because a person has many reasons to look forward to GW2, it doesn't mean that you need to stay all positive about every issue.

This. People are asking some questions and venting some complaints, like they have done with every game and will continue to do with every game. 

While I don't see qqing over a video game as anything but a first world problems, and a serious waste of energy, people have the right to come and voice concerns.

Most of the "qq" posts I have read have been pretty civil, and more inquiries than complaints.

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

We are doing what we always do. After stuff like Aion, WAR, FF14 people are less hesitant to jump into a mmo blind anymore. Like anyone who jumped into TOR, then complained most of us sit back, point and laugh.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

/cheer

Honestly I think people are afraid of being excited about anything on MMORPG.com because there is SO much negativity on this site, even the smallest amount of positive attitude will bring the h8ters out from their dens to decend upon their excitement like locusts.

You're either a hater or a fan boi here.

Positive thread must = fan boi in their eyes.

I think it's human psychology - just look at the news, bad news gets more press and higher ratings than good news.

People LIKE to fight and argue and rant/rave and be negative, even if they would NEVER admit it.

People love drama.

Me? Super excited for GW2 and the idea of playing soon due to pre-purchase. So much win. My desktop background slide show of GW2 artwork that rotates every 30 seconds mocks me every day lol

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Thing is most of the QQ isnt even about flaws with the game itself (i dont like the CE items, or i think CE is too expensive), or it is about the game but by people who simply misunderstand or misinterpret certain aspects & mechanics of the game (like the mailing instead of trading items).

Its like the trolls & QQers cant find anything really worthwhile to complain about with the game itself, so theyre resorting to grasping at straws.

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Originally posted by kaiser3282

Thing is most of the QQ isnt even about flaws with the game itself (i dont like the CE items, or i think CE is too expensive), or it is about the game but by people who simply misunderstand or misinterpret certain aspects & mechanics of the game (like the mailing instead of trading items).

Its like the trolls & QQers cant find anything really worthwhile to complain about with the game itself, so theyre resorting to grasping at straws.

The reason you do not see the "this feature or that feature" is busted threads is because everytime we start that convo most of you break out the "well the game is in beta what do you expect" or "the game is in alpha and you are not a psychic" arguement. We can only talk about what is set in stone and to alot of us it seems like a cash grab.

• MustBeBadMustBeBad Member Posts: 74

Funny fact is, true followers know exactly what to expect about the game and about the companny.

I've been following this game since 2008 and  Im happy  they're releasing this year!! 

I wont call this a flaw, but i remeber the time when this forum used to be about discuss new game mechanics when they started to show, but now with the game getting so many attentions is more like "WTF no mounts"; "Wtf no healers"; "Wtf this and that.."

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

I'll admit, the only gripe I have so far is with the contents of the CE. But, I'll live.

Everything else looks like gold. And we've actually been shown the stuff in game that ArenaNet is promising, so there's no (immediate) worry of having the wool pulled over our eyes.

The mail system isn't vastly different than any other MMO in game trade system. In fact, it's better. You can remotely mail things. Proximity isn't a problem, and you don't have to worry about random trade windows popping up in town.

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Well this has happened with every game for the past 8 years.

The game is announced, some trailers are shown, people get mega hyped for it.

Then a beta is announced and the game bashing and QQ begins.

The beta is played and people focus only on the bad of a game and never the good.

Simple example.

Oh wow this game is amazing, the graphics are beautiful, the gameplay is fluid, the combat is exciting....wait I CANT JUMP OFF CLIFFS!?!?!?

BAD GAME SCREW THIS IM GOIN BACK TO WOW

• InFaVillaInFaVilla Member Posts: 592

Originally posted by Dragonantis

The beta is played and people focus only on the bad of a game and never the good.

Simple example.

Oh wow this game is amazing, the graphics are beautiful, the gameplay is fluid, the combat is exciting....wait I CANT JUMP OFF CLIFFS!?!?!?

That was pretty funny XD. However, it would have been awesome if you could  always jump off cliffs and die rather than having an invisible wall.

• ace80kace80k Member UncommonPosts: 151

Increased popularity increases criticism. Think of it as a good thing as all the complaints show just how popular GW2 is. Plus Arenanet doesn't have official forums, so that kinda limits where people can post their concerns as well.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

May not have an official forum, but this one is a beehive of GW2 fanatics.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I'm excited and agree with you OP. I'm really happy that pre-ordering gets you into beta, I was going to pre-order it anyway so its a great bonus.

I'm actually really worried that the combat system in the game is something I won't like, switching weapons a lot doesn't appeal to me at all. For me, I consider it might be a massive issue. Also for me, it's a legitimate reason to be negative. Am I going to be negative though? No, I'm not. Have I tried to bring other people into my way of thinking? Nope. Am I going to buy the game? Definately.

Some people are just more inclined to talk about the things they don't like. Others, like myself, would rather talk about the things I do like. But, some people just like being acknowledged in a big discussion and a negative opinion usually gets a much higher response.

I've already marked 2011/2012 in gaming history as the years consumers started to feel the need to criticise everything. The posts on all news sites and forums are now 80% industry related. For some crazy reason gaming has become less about the games and more about the business, publishers and developers. Stuff like this Mass Effect petition is laughable as well, I'm actually laughing at us as species, now we're trying to change other peoples stories if we're not 100% happy with it. How crazy is that? Instead of just moving on to another story we go out of our way to change existing ones, which requires major effort. Even if the ending is changed, we still achieve nothing cos we've already seen the first ending.. so pointless. The money raised for charity due to the petition is a great thing though, even if it didn't make much sense.

Unless the news industry stops taking the bait from all the forum users then this bashing behavior is gunna be adopted by more and more people. The media is really messing up the original point of gaming and are making this behavior become fashionable.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • ShamorauShamorau Member UncommonPosts: 181

Originally posted by Dragonantis

Simple example.

^this

its nothing new, wait until the game actually releases then you'll see the hate mail flow.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

People have very little to complain about so they complain about everything else.

This is not a game.

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

Originally posted by WellzyC

Arena net is finally, after years of waiting, starting to begin the release process with closed beta and announcing the Public Beta's and preorders.

Yet, 9/10 posts on this section are..  WTF CE too expensive. WTF CE items blow. WTF need to buy the game for beta. WTF  no forums.

What’s with all this ridicules negativity?  I’m not trying to draw arguments. But honestly -- this is a really exciting time for all of us who have been keeping an eye on this game. We are all finally going to be able to play this game in a little over 1 month.

Did you read that..

All of us who preordered WILL be playing GUILD WARS 2 in just over a month in April. Never mind that’s its a beta, we will be able to finally play it and see firsthand what this game is really about.

Let’s stop with this Nit Picking, it really shows just how crappy the MMO fan base has become.

Totally agree one hundred percent. 

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Really don't see the issue. People are simply using the forums for what they always do. So what? Doesn't even seem that bad around here in the discussions about it.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

Originally posted by WellzyC

Did you read that..

The game has been in closed beta since December these beta weekends are what traditionaly used to be what one called open beta.  This is  not real testing just marketing along with a little stress testing.  The real testing will keep ongoing with the real testers.

This same scenario has ben used in other games GW1, RifT and ToR.  Closed beta is limited to a small amount of players.  The masses are briefly exposed to the game then its taken away from them.  They are not overexposed to the point they become bored.  In fact the game is taken away from them making them want it more.  Add in the pre-order to get into these weekends and its pretty brilliant marketing.  Before the masses realize they do not like MMOs and quit they have already bought the game and played a few months.  In the era of modern MMOS played mostly by ADHD players with zero attention span this system works well.  Whereby reliable hardcore players do the real testing while  the masses get fed open beta weekends.

• C1d0sC1d0s Member UncommonPosts: 238

Conversely, you could say people need to stop getting butthurt everytime someone says something they don't like.

Can't stop the hate, but you can ignore it instead of prolonging / drawing out the inevitable.

GW2, like any other game, will have its slew of haters and die-hard advocates. It's not like this hasn't been happening with every MMO release in the past decade. Hate to say, GW2's beta and release will be EXACTLY the same. Just chill, like it or don't, and don't go crying when someone doesn't appreciate GW2 like you do.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Originally posted by C1d0s

Conversely, you could say people need to stop getting butthurt everytime someone says something they don't like.

Can't stop the hate, but you can ignore it instead of prolonging / drawing out the inevitable.

GW2, like any other game, will have its slew of haters and die-hard advocates. It's not like this hasn't been happening with every MMO release in the past decade. Hate to say, GW2's beta and release will be EXACTLY the same. Just chill, like it or don't, and don't go crying when someone doesn't appreciate GW2 like you do.

Exactly.

Some of these folks are going to have a coronary if they think this is bad once the game launches.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

My QQ was... When I was looking at facebook and see a thing in the news stream... "Pre order Guild Wars 2!!"

So I go look and it says... come back April 10th...

I just wanted to do a pre-order on a digital version so I could forget about it until it was time to play.  

This isn't supposed to be a serious.. QQ... altho since I am getting older when I see a post like that from a developer.. I really do want to be able to do an order right then... my memory is not what it was since... well I forget when

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

See this is why they dont have their own forums.  I dont blame them one bit. 

• RoybeRoybe Member UncommonPosts: 420

Personally, I'll be playing this game so hard on release that I will not be looking at forums. >:)

• Ir1shguyIr1shguy Member UncommonPosts: 84

Originally posted by BadSpock

/cheer

Honestly I think people are afraid of being excited about anything on MMORPG.com because there is SO much negativity on this site, even the smallest amount of positive attitude will bring the h8ters out from their dens to decend upon their excitement like locusts.

You're either a hater or a fan boi here.

Positive thread must = fan boi in their eyes.

I think it's human psychology - just look at the news, bad news gets more press and higher ratings than good news.

People LIKE to fight and argue and rant/rave and be negative, even if they would NEVER admit it.

People love drama.

Me? Super excited for GW2 and the idea of playing soon due to pre-purchase. So much win. My desktop background slide show of GW2 artwork that rotates every 30 seconds mocks me every day lol

You sir rock and I hope i end up on the same server as you.

You are so right about us loving to fight and argue that people will troll you to hell and back because they dont want to admit it. The one thing you forgot is that we are all perfect so nothing will ever be good enough for us.