Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DC Universe Online: Fight for Earth Preview

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

DC Universe Online is getting ready for a major content update with the Fight For Earth DLC release later today. Fight For Earth brings awesome new powers into the game and we've got a terrific preview for your reading pleasure. Check it out!

Set to launch today after some patch downtime, DC Universe Online’s latest DLC: The Fight for Earth may just be SOE Austin’s most ambitious batch of content yet.  There’s a new Earth Power Set (which can be either a tanking or damage set), it’s the finale to the game’s first major story-arc about Brainiac, there’s a new open world area for level 30s in South Gotham that’s been opened up, new Tier 4 armor and crafted gear, two new raids, new duos, and new alerts.  The only thing that doesn’t get a boost in this DLC is PVP, but the SOE Austin folks were quick to point out that the next DLC is a heavily PVP focused update.  It certainly seems that after a rocky start, DCUO has found its niche and stride as a premier capes and tights MMO.

Read more of Bill Murphy's DC Universe Online: Fight for Earth Preview.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311

I'm going to patch this up this weekend. I love duos, and I hope these aren't gear-gated.

And this: "there’s a new open world area for level 30s in South Gotham that’s been opened up". Nice! Been waiting for the cities to start unbottling.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

I been playing this on ps3 in the pvp server. I'm loving it. It's much better than Champions Online. I can't say anything about COH and COV because I've never played them though.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

As an admitted fan of the game, this is the part I've been waiting for since hitting 30 too.  I get the impression too, that DLC4 will have some serious PVP stuff in it: dare I say - WORLD PvP? I hope!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Good maybe I can finish my lvl 7 missions now without the Dbag lvl 30 gankers getting in the way. 

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• McCoi13McCoi13 Member Posts: 1

how can i buy items from the broker room while the maximum of my cash is 1500 only? ? ? my brain is bursting about this problem,,any one can help me please! !

Originally posted by McCoi13

how can i buy items from the broker room while the maximum of my cash is 1500 only? ? ? my brain is bursting about this problem,,any one can help me please! !

That is their F2P cash-cow. That is their hook, if you will. They'll make money selling "escrow" access every month to people who need to buy brokerage items.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• teneke01teneke01 Member Posts: 1

You need to buy premium for unlock your limits xD

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716

Been waiten awhile for this and now its here new content. The last 2 where good for the new powers and content but they said this is almost double the sise of the last so lets hope so. Earth powers will most likely be op for a week or so.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

I really need to find some time to check out this game again. I really had a ton of fun with it.

• s1fu71s1fu71 Member Posts: 220

Can't wait. I like the game a lot so far. Another power set will be fun. 

It's not about fighting, it's about balance. It's not about enlightenment, it's about balance. It's not about balance.

• masterpitermasterpiter Member Posts: 5

started to play this game few days ago,and i like it very :)

i like free open world,and the community,the best i ever seen in F2P game.

• jakinjakin Member UncommonPosts: 243

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Originally posted by McCoi13

That is their F2P cash-cow. That is their hook, if you will. They'll make money selling "escrow" access every month to people who need to buy brokerage items.

Escrow access won't get you anywhere near what you need for the broker.  If you really want to buy from the broker you would be better off saving up a pile of cash in your escrow account and then paying for Legendary (subscription) access for a month and blowing the cash.

Of course, it's still very possible to play the game fully without touching the broker, it just requires you do the farming yourself.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by TruthXHurts

Good maybe I can finish my lvl 7 missions now without the Dbag lvl 30 gankers getting in the way. 

i used to get pissed about that as well until i found out that i can switch to PVE servers within the game for leveling purposes, then switch back to PvP server (also within the game) when i feel like doing some open world pvp.

Back to topic, looking forward to earth powers and new lvl 30 area (when i get to that lvl lol)

• Shawn964Shawn964 Member UncommonPosts: 28

This game just became more P2W.  But figures. Its a good game but you need 70 cr to do the new raids. D: I only has 62. but ive managed to get this high without spending a single dime on this game.

I just about raged and destroyed my computer when I read this thread on the official board.

Gear-gating the raid is fine, that is what raid tiers are for. Gear-gating the duos is frustrating (even though I beat the score by 1). Gear-gating the new open-world stuff? Holy ********** *****! Are you freaking kidding me? I have to grind tokens to get gear to do the new missions in the open-world?

I don't mind leveling up so I can go to a new area. That is how themeparks work, and that is fine by me. This? I was so psyched about getting back in, but now I'm pissed again.

For God's sake, increase the level cap and add new stuff! You can't keep pushing the top up without moving out latterally at some point!

These guys are so afriad that their raids will become obsolete if they raise the cap, that they're making things worse for when the have to raise the cap. They're balancing a pyramid on its top. Sooner or later, they have to accept that the current raids are obsolete and move on.

I reiterate my post from the last DLC launch.