Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Weekend Pass Announced

2»

Comments

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Your right the games a total failure with 1.7 subs.  Think whatever you want, the game pop is growing and bioware will always be making a huge profit from it.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• BereKinBereKin Member Posts: 287

And it starts. The mmo that should have been a success if they bothered to make it properly now is going with free weekend. Next stop, free trial and after that F2P with cash shop of course. Badly played Bioware. You let EA and there corporate suits destroy great setting of Star Wars (does anybody remembers KOTOR and how good it was) and your self. What a shame.

• Marchosias31Marchosias31 Member Posts: 83

To the people saying OH NO HERE COME THE DOOM/GLOOMERS TO PUT DOWN SWTOR....

You know what? You dont open your mmo game up to 'free' weekends if your not trying to drum up more business.......Business 101, I suggest taking a few college courses kids.

Is SWTOR in danger of going down the drain? Of course not.....BUT IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM IS THIS MMO GOING TO HAVE ANYTHING OTHER THEN AVERGE SUB NUMBERS.....

SWTOR is old news.....Im sick of reading about it and Bios fail attempts at making up for their fail launch......................just sick of it.....

Bio deserves everything thats coming to them. After the lies and bllsht pre launch, oh yeah...Karmas a mofo Bio.............

Whatever happened to the IN BIOWARE WE TRUST signatures?

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

*flicks his 60 day time card into the trash, along with the game*

Joined - July 2004

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

Originally posted by remyburke

*flicks his 60 day time card into the trash, along with the game*

LIKE A BOSS!

• DreadbladeDreadblade Member Posts: 384

You know they are going to count these as active subs as well, for March numbers, nice marketing plan to inflate the actual player base for investors.

• KholeKhole Member CommonPosts: 136

Why would people who pay for internet by the bandwidth even bother with this download?

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Sweet! First Rift, now SWTOR. I'll be able to play both of these from time to time for free while playing TSW hehe

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• ropeniceropenice Member UncommonPosts: 588

Originally posted by Marchosias31

To the people saying OH NO HERE COME THE DOOM/GLOOMERS TO PUT DOWN SWTOR....

You know what? You dont open your mmo game up to 'free' weekends if your not trying to drum up more business.......Business 101, I suggest taking a few college courses kids.

Um... doing any kind of advertising or free access is used to drum up business. I don't see why the kids need to take a business course to understand this. You talking down to people aside, It might be a sign of BW getting nervous over losing more subs soon, or it could be a normal ploy games use to get more people to try game and get more subs. But who cares. If you don't like the games, why follow it on the forums. There's some interesting games coming out soon you could be looking into.

• AC1074AC1074 Member Posts: 274

Listen, it's funny how so many people sit there and say TOR is failing,  fell short of the mark, sucks, etc. whatever. Bottom line is Bioware is promoting their product. There is a dedicated community to this game just as there is any MMO out there. I think SWTOR is doing fairly well with the 1.7 millions subs. The irony of it is how many people say WoW is failing or dieing since you can basically roll a toon and play free to lvl 20 on WoW? How many people say WoW is failing since basically if you buy the basic copy of wow you get the free xpac TBC. All mmos have a trial basis at some point. It's not to say this game failed or is failing.

The gaming community has grown from mature gamers who like to enjoy games to a community of so much negative criticism fueled by a passion to see new games fail. This is so apparent on gaming forums around the net. So who knows. I played SWG just about to the end and I will play SWTOR for a good while. Before, someone labels me as a fanboy I will be the first to tell you that I also play WoW on/off along with a few other titles. I have no desire to see one title fail more than the other. I play whatever I feel like playing and what I enjoy.

• SynPandaSynPanda Member UncommonPosts: 9

Actuallly this IS a good thing. Look at Sony's DC Univers-NEVER offered free play and probably why it died as fast as it did. Me and my MMORPG junkie friends DONT shell out money for new games until we try it. They are just trying to lure more people in and its a smart move. However, if this doesnt work F2P may be the next stop this time next year! The MMPRPG market is vast with more F2P opening all the time. You HAVE to be unique and LISTEN to your audience if you wish this to work! Otherwise once you start sliding downhill, itll be over. Kind of like WoW is doing now vs. the better, funner, and more enjoyable Rift-who has now earned me & the wifes sacred $15.00 a month-each!

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667

Does anyone else see a similarity in scope and structure between the "Weekend Pass event" and the "Game Test Weekend events" conducted prior to launch?

1. ~20 - 30 hours of game play (3 days @ 7-10 hours per day)

2. Three days, time to take one ( 1 ) class to level 20 or less.

3. No pre-leveled 50 classes to try end game content.

This may techinally be a four day event.  But one day will be taken downloading and patching at least.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

I see this as a good thing, many people didnt buy the game because of the negitive feedback from the community, this gives those cautious types a chance to try the game themselves.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

What can i say, Karma vs The Force.. Karma Pwns..

must admit should be entertaining to see what other measures Bioware/EA attempt in the next few months, but, Kudo's to Bioware/EA for allowing a free trial of the game, its a brave step, all things considered.image

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Originally posted by rygard49

I don't think it's ever a bad idea for a game, or any product for that matter, to offer a free trial. There are a lot of people with a healthy amount of skepticism who simply will not pay for something they're unsure they'll enjoy. A free trial alleviates that issue and gives the company an opportunity to increase sales.

Is this a tactic born of desperation? I don't think so. I just read a post that they have 1.7 million active subs.

1,699,999 as unsubbed before next bill cycle and uninstalled.

Basically saying they will fix world pvp god knows when was final nail in coffin for me along with the kiddy oh look your agent can have force powers or some other heroic moment BS.

It was a dumb game to start with only further being brought down to a dumber level combined with forum whiners getting there way on everything.