Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What you will get? (poll)

dkpilgrimdkpilgrim Member UncommonPosts: 16

Even though I planned to buy a CE,  I am discouraged by their design. I don't want to pay for the silly figurine. I also dislike the deluxe edition: The only interesting "banker" is just for 5 days...

So my choice is basic.

What is yours?

Comments

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Probably the DE. Regardless the perks I've never cared much for those sort of things.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498

I've seen the CE price, are there prices on the other editions yet?

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

I'm more jazzed for GW2 than I have been for any game in many years, but it's the regular digital edition for me. I don't want all the physical CE stuff (got enough stuff in my house without adding statues and books and art prints and what have you); and the Digital Deluxe add-ons are underwhelming for what I believe is an extra $20.

• dkpilgrimdkpilgrim Member UncommonPosts: 16
  • AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940

You forgot one thing: Physical copy.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i think i will stay with standard edition... I got deluxe edition of Swtor and i never used the perks it came with (only the mount) so i dont want to end up the same thing in GW2 and still pay extra for being deluxe....

yeah i think standard edition will do just fine.

edit: standard physical copy if it grants beta access as soon as the digital version does

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777

The Box. I hate Digital because of the hassle you have to go through to get it back if you lose it...

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

yea you should have added the normal box for those preordering from stores and such. People DO still do that =P However I am grabbing the deluxe digital, hubby grabby the regular digital.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Digital Collector's Edition for myself. I'm strongly considering grabbing a Physical CE as a short term investment and as a hedge against me deciding I really have to have it for myself after all. :)

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• dkpilgrimdkpilgrim Member UncommonPosts: 16

Well, given that we know nothing about the physic standard copy right now, it is meanless to put it in at the moment... You know, it may cost more and may do not grant beta access.

• reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613

After seeing the price for the physical CE, I've lost all interest in GW2.

I have a feeling that if Bioware hadn't sold ALL of the SWTOR physical CEs for $150, ArenaNet wouldn't be charging that much.  They're charging that much because they know people will pay for it.  Not because its actually worth $150.

Seriously, I was excited for GW2.  Not so much anymore.  I pre-ordered GW2 two years ago from GameStop when GameStop's "estimated release date" was November 2011.  I was planning on dropping 80-90 bucks for the physical CE (that seems like a reasonable price)....

....but now, after seeing the ludicrous price for the physical CE, I don't think I'm even going to buy a standard edition of the game.  Seriously, fuck them.

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

Diablo 3ce

• MavekMavek Member Posts: 138

Originally posted by gigat

I have a feeling that if Bioware hadn't sold ALL of the SWTOR physical CEs for $150, ArenaNet wouldn't be charging that much.  They're charging that much because they know people will pay for it.  Not because its actually worth $150.

Seriously, I was excited for GW2.  Not so much anymore.  I pre-ordered GW2 two years ago from GameStop when GameStop's "estimated release date" was November 2011.  I was planning on dropping 80-90 bucks for the physical CE (that seems like a reasonable price)....

....but now, after seeing the ludicrous price for the physical CE, I don't think I'm even going to buy a standard edition of the game.  Seriously, fuck them.

Stop whining it's really not that big of a deal.  If you were going to drop 80-90 on a CE then why not go 60 for the regular game, knew it would be at least that much anyway.  Considering there's no sub fee there's no reason to whine about the prices.  If it meant that much to you before the fact that the 150$ for CE bugs you is quite remarkable.  

Well, at least I cant wait for the game.  Gotta go Box edition though, digital copy is a hassle and what does 3 physical days really mean in terms of how much time i'm going to put into this game (assuming box doesnt come with head start)

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by gigat

the collectors edition is made for collectors. That is another word for people with too much money who like junk.

Since you don't sound like one of them I don't see why you get upset. If people want a charr statuette and the rest of the junk let them.

I will get a DE myself.

• Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784

CE is only good if you want the Statue

DD is a waste of money for 20 extra bucks since over half of the stuff is temp.

Definately going DE.

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176

Most likely the DE. It has everything I need to fully enjoy the game.

• Dream_ChaserDream_Chaser Member Posts: 1,043

Collector's Ed. for me. I have to have that Rytlock figure.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

Any of you claiming that digital versions are a hassle need to clarify. What exactly is a hassle about them? That you have to click a download link on your account page?  I haven't purchased a physical PC game for 5-6 years now, and haven't had an issue with anything. Reinstall? Click link and download. New computer? Click link and download. 

Just sayin.

• NakedFuryNakedFury Member UncommonPosts: 411

Digital Deluxe.

Yes $20 for mostly temp items but I do get a(I hope) unique elite skill and unique minipet. 

• reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613

@Mavek and @Loke666

You guys are right, of course.  I'm just pissed because I was planning on buying the CE, up until they released the price for it.

I don't know why, but I was shocked when I saw that price tag.

I'll get over it.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

I'll be picking up this thing, called a box, at a store, which contains a disc, which contains the code for the game, which you can download on your PC and play. Damn kids and their fancy bandwidth!

Joined - July 2004

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

I'll be ordering my usual CE through Amazon.  Depending on shipping times, I may get a regular digital edition just in case (I live in an out of the way place...WAY out of the way)

• SunthasSunthas Member Posts: 27

none of the above...

going to blow my xmas best buy giftcard on the physical game and hope it gets me some preorder/prepurchase perks. 

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101
    The CE. The art prints make it an Insta-buy for me.

• EzekelEzekel Member Posts: 98

Originally posted by Sunthas

none of the above...

going to blow my xmas best buy giftcard on the physical game and hope it gets me some preorder/prepurchase perks. 

Only select retailers will let you prepurchase the game and get the Beta Weekend access and the three day headstart, though every preorder will get a 1 day headstart.

I assume Bestbuy will be one of them but you might want to hold off on purchasing if you really want the headstart and BW access.