Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Real life names displayed in guild member list?

BetakodoBetakodo Member UncommonPosts: 333

I think these are all of the dev's names. Would kind of suck if you were forced, sort of like blizzard's realID would have. Hopefully it's just the devs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi6GAbVATOA&feature=plcp&context=C33e4d8cUDO&t=28s

Comments

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

I cannot imagine they will.

If they do, that would be the one, single reason that would have me walk from this game. I refused to let WoW use my real identification in game, and I refuse to let anyone else do it either. But I strongly suspect this screen is simply dev internal testing protocol. 

• Crake_1Crake_1 Member Posts: 82

Chill out. It's beta material. Things don't have the final polish on them yet.

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

After Blizzard's Real ID on forums backlash, they'd be really really really...really...stupid to consider implementing it.

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

I think they just have their names there so the press know who they are playing with. I would not doubt they have it set up just like GW1. You had a master name (that you can choose) that your friends can see and they can see what alt you are playing at that time.

BOOYAKA!

• EzekelEzekel Member Posts: 98

I believe you can set an account name by which every one of your characters is known by. Its similar to the old GW1 system where whichever Character Name that you added to your friendlist became the name that always appeared by whichever character they were playing.

If you want to have your name out there you can, but since not all of them are full names it means that you can set it however you want. You can set it to be your main character name or your forum name or your real name or anything basically.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Originally posted by Deathofsage

After Blizzard's Real ID on forums backlash, they'd be really really really...really...stupid to consider implementing it.

Bingo, exactly what I thought.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526

anet on guru already said it was a beta thing.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

My first name would be Lord and my seccond name would be BAchus...

And if they would use the info comming from my credit card inthere (because thats the only place on the web i use my real name) i would sue them.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)