Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MechWarrior Online: GDC 2012 Gameplay Trailer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Piranha Games has released the game play trailer from MechWarrior Online. The trailer was released during last week's Game Developer's Conference. Feast your eyes!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

Heh , there we go!  If only Perpetuum was like this I would of sticked to it!   MWO looks fantastic , loaded on fun and great PvP !!

A great MMO along with a few others that I cannot wait to see !!

• Superduper69Superduper69 Member Posts: 363

Ok i almost fell asleep watching the combat.

• LentechLentech Member Posts: 119

Originally posted by Superduper69

i just woke up after falling asleep in the first few seconds of the video, what happened in it? i dont wanna fall asleep again trying to watch it.

Originally posted by SuprGamerX

[Mod Edit]
  • BlahTeebBlahTeeb Member UncommonPosts: 624

[Mod Edit]

the combat was so slow it appeared they were traveling backwards in time....

Perphaps this is the start to the invention of a real time machine..?

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

looking good to me

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555

Can't wait. Been a MechWarrior fan since I played the table top version as a wee lad!

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

This isn't meant to be Tribes Ascend.

You're piloting a 100 ton Mech FFS.

Originally posted by Hatefull

[Mod Edit]

So a video is posted which is obviously for people to post comment and opinions. I found it boring so that somehow disqualifies me from posting? who made these rules up? you? 

How am i being ignorant if i find combat boring and yes i did play all classic MW games. 

ive played faster paced mech games on consoles and loved it..  Seeing this video makes me realize, the faster paced mech games is where its at...

I Wont try this game, unless it has a faster Scout type mech suit... but your right Ruff Ruff *pant* i shouldnt voice my opinions on a Discussion... That would be blasphemy..

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Originally posted by Lentech

Depends on the type of machine you are driving. Heavy armor/heavy weapon Mechs will be slower then the smaller lighter Mechs.

Think of it this way. Heavy Mech is the tank while the smaller mech is your DPS.

Originally posted by Falcomith

Depends on the type of machine you are driving. Heavy armor/heavy weapon Mechs will be slower then the smaller lighter Mechs.

Think of it this way. Heavy Mech is the tank while the smaller mech is your DPS.

yea like i was saying, if they have Faster scout type mechs that have limited jump/booster flight style where i can jump, strafe and bust caps.. im down.. but if all the suits are sluggish and clunky like this... i dont see my self playing it..

I do wish this game was less World of Tanks like and had more mmo to it. Perhaps assaultable clan (guild) bases etc... Either way I'm stoked and I have several friends that can't wait either. You nay sayers require games with minimal strategy and instant gratification which is why every other kill in games like CoD it blasts rock music and tells you how great you are and you get some kind of "reward"

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.

• Zen_BladeZen_Blade Member UncommonPosts: 106

There was a light mech at one point later in the video that ran between the 2 assaults going at it and he was cruising pretty good. =)

1 on 1 mech combat is not where it's at, it's the team combat in various settings (urban, hills, whatever) that Mech combat truly shines.

yea like i was saying, if they have Faster scout type mechs that have limited jump/booster flight style where i can jump, strafe and bust caps.. im down.. but if all the suits are sluggish and clunky like this... i dont see my self playing it..

I does have very fast scout mechs. Light armor and minimal weaponary, but they have a major role in directing the heavies and assaults on the battlefield and harassing the larger mechs while avoiding much of their attacks (if you are good). Jumpjets also

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

As much as I've missed the MechWarrior franchise, I'm not looking forward to lobby-room battles.  There doesn't seem to be much of an MMO aspect to it.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

[Mod edit]

As far as the video, looks promising but I would like to see a bit more of the how the game evolves outside of the combat aspect.

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

There is no such thing as a "tank" or "dps" in MechWarrior as it is a pvp game and there is no such thing as "aggro".

Originally posted by VassagoMael

I do wish this game was less World of Tanks like and had more mmo to it. Perhaps assaultable clan (guild) bases etc... Either way I'm stoked and I have several friends that can't wait either. You nay sayers require games with minimal strategy and instant gratification which is why every other kill in games like CoD it blasts rock music and tells you how great you are and you get some kind of "reward"

I see the WoT aspect as a good thing my self, seems MMOs are becoming more of a Casual cry fest then anything..

Boohoo this guy put 25 more hours into the game than i did, and hes got better things than me... /cry thread.. *insert dumbing down of content here* .. Crybaby gets what he wants, Dude who actually played the game gets the shaft..

I see the WoT aspect as a good thing my self, seems MMOs are becoming more of a Casual cry fest then anything..

Boohoo this guy put 25 more hours into the game than i did, and hes got better things than me... /cry thread.. *insert dumbing down of content here* .. Crybaby gets what he wants, Dude who actually played the game gets the shaft..

I'm refering to the part of WoT that is lobby room battles not the gameplay or advancement aspects.

There is no such thing as a "tank" or "dps" in MechWarrior as it is a pvp game and there is no such thing as "aggro".

Do you not know what an example is? he was using an Example, for thos who play the Holy Trinity games... hard concept to grasp... i know...

I'm refering to the part of WoT that is lobby room battles not the gameplay or advancement aspects.

Ah, so your after an Open Virtual World type deal?

Do you not know what an example is? he was using an Example, for thos who play the Holy Trinity games... hard concept to grasp... i know...

I do know what an example is, and I also know what a poor and blatently wrong example is, which is what saying heavy mechs are tanks and light mechs are dps. Light mechs have minimal and small version weaponry and are designed to move fast and scout. A better example would be heavy mechs are like actual tanks (heavy, big cannon, lots of armor, relatively slow) where as a light mech is like a jeep(fast and light armored) medium mechs are somewhere in between. 

Ah, so your after an Open Virtual World type deal?

Yeah, but not like a typical mmo world where I go out and do quests. Even if it's a few cities for the different factions where you can interact with each other, an AH, queue up for pvp, but also have instanced guild bases that can be built up with winning and be assaulted by guilds you are at war with. I don't know as long as the combat is good I'll live. That kind of stuff can be difficult to implement