Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is bad IMO [Mod edit]

Comments

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Originally posted by Nadya3

Originally posted by itgrowls

Originally posted by Xasapis

For Europe:

https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=27286

TERA has a good combat system i'll admit but i really don't see the appeal of the killtenrats or the end game rat race or the endless gear treadmill. Those things are old and should be shunned by everyone here.

I'd challenge you to name an mmorpg that isn't like this. A released one, developers can claim whatever during development circle. Only one I can think of is A tale in the desert (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Tale_in_the_Desert)

you just proved my point, what mmo isn't like this thats in release right now. That's my whole statement in a nutshell, take this out and put in a real quest system, something that doesn't require a ratrace to the endgame, gear treadmill, or a quest system where you have to run back to a town to turn in a quest that has been completed and this would be as exciting as other titles soon to be out this year. Hell even Wars public quest system would be better then this ten plus old system of advancement, and what you should be doing as a player and consumer is demanding that these companies release something better because it's high time for a change instead of complaining that other players who are more informed consumers are pointing these things out.

wow has this same, exact quest system you seem to hate so much.  and guess what sugar pie?  it is the king of the MMO right now, and im afraid it will be for a very long time.

ofcourse i would love a Swtor quest system with lovely voice overs for tera!   but i rather they keep it the way it is right now,  that way i dont end up canceling my subcription a month later,  out of boredom.   

Wow and Tera both use a similar  approach to the quest system.  (a means to an end).   

questing, public quests, dynamic events   are not enough to keep a MMO fun.     Rift has them, warhammer did as well.   and believe me,  that all gets old very fast.

welcome to the world of MMO.

New and more interesting form of quest are nice, but honeslty they aren't what keep player playing. Ok in all seriousness how many people keep paying month after month after month after month after years to play a mmorpg for the quests? Yes good quest keep things interesting and helps hook you but end game content is what keep player around. We saw form swtor, you can have the most expansive well made quest with voice over that is on quality of single player games, but without a end game the mmo part doesn't exist and thus people are done after 1-2 month. To good amount of people like me honestly its a mean to a end, i don't read quests ever, i play mmorpg for the mmo part mainly. I want to do things that require other people like dungeon, raids, and pvp. The quest honestly i don't give a damn if its kill 10 rats or fancy voice over and cut scene telling you to kill 10 rats or if 10 rats is invading and you have to kill them. All the same in my book your killing 10 god damn rats -.-

Idk i feel like people are trying to pushing single player game concept on to a mmo, i mean it works but you can't ditch the mmo part of it as well. And with the given resource its pretty hard to have singler player content along with the mmo part considering how expansive games are to make.

• Nadya3Nadya3 Member Posts: 348

Originally posted by rexzshadow

For Europe:

TERA has a good combat system i'll admit but i really don't see the appeal of the killtenrats or the end game rat race or the endless gear treadmill. Those things are old and should be shunned by everyone here.

I'd challenge you to name an mmorpg that isn't like this. A released one, developers can claim whatever during development circle. Only one I can think of is A tale in the desert (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Tale_in_the_Desert)

you just proved my point, what mmo isn't like this thats in release right now. That's my whole statement in a nutshell, take this out and put in a real quest system, something that doesn't require a ratrace to the endgame, gear treadmill, or a quest system where you have to run back to a town to turn in a quest that has been completed and this would be as exciting as other titles soon to be out this year. Hell even Wars public quest system would be better then this ten plus old system of advancement, and what you should be doing as a player and consumer is demanding that these companies release something better because it's high time for a change instead of complaining that other players who are more informed consumers are pointing these things out.

wow has this same, exact quest system you seem to hate so much.  and guess what sugar pie?  it is the king of the MMO right now, and im afraid it will be for a very long time.

ofcourse i would love a Swtor quest system with lovely voice overs for tera!   but i rather they keep it the way it is right now,  that way i dont end up canceling my subcription a month later,  out of boredom.   

Wow and Tera both use a similar  approach to the quest system.  (a means to an end).   

questing, public quests, dynamic events   are not enough to keep a MMO fun.     Rift has them, warhammer did as well.   and believe me,  that all gets old very fast.

New and more interesting form of quest are nice, but honeslty they aren't what keep player playing. Ok in all seriousness how many people keep paying month after month after month after month after years to play a mmorpg for the quests? Yes good quest keep things interesting and helps hook you but end game content is what keep player around. We saw form swtor, you can have the most expansive well made quest with voice over that is on quality of single player games, but without a end game the mmo part doesn't exist and thus people are done after 1-2 month. To good amount of people like me honestly its a mean to a end, i don't read quests ever, i play mmorpg for the mmo part mainly. I want to do things that require other people like dungeon, raids, and pvp. The quest honestly i don't give a damn if its kill 10 rats or fancy voice over and cut scene telling you to kill 10 rats or if 10 rats is invading and you have to kill them. All the same in my book your killing 10 god damn rats -.-

Idk i feel like people are trying to pushing single player game concept on to a mmo, i mean it works but you can't ditch the mmo part of it as well. And with the given resource its pretty hard to have singler player content along with the mmo part considering how expansive games are to make.

Amen to that.

i really fail to understand the people that keeps using Tera quest system as the main negative.

if they are really so interested in quests .  why do they even play MMO?  honestly if i wanted real good quests, i would stay playing Skyrim or even ME3 (considering buying it)  

quests in MMO are all basically the same, no matter how fancy they get done.  it all comes down to ( kill 10 rats)p

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501

+1

And just wait till GW2 comes out your gonna see this same thread there the quests are the same as every other game except with a rift dynamic twist its still kill x amount of this and that which makes it no different....

• Games888Games888 Member Posts: 243

its obvious they rush this game out in Korea under $$$ pressure and copy right issue so they didnt add keep siege in this game like L1, meaningless pvp will just die out.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Originally posted by Games888

its obvious they rush this game out in Korea under $$$ pressure and copy right issue so they didnt add keep siege in this game like L1, meaningless pvp will just die out.

This is indeed true, they were very pressured into releasing it and it's really unfortunate for the Koreans...but we basically got a free year long BETA test by them so I am not complaining.

The game will be releasing full of quality features, content and with less bugs than most as a result.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

I wouldn t say the game is bad at all. I would say it s not great though. Yes I made it off the starter island, but the combat actually became very boring after awhile. If it wasn t the standard click npc, go kill 20 things, come back to npc, collect reward, and then on to the next, it might be better. It just isn t, no new combat will change that.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Originally posted by Leucent

I wouldn t say the game is bad at all. I would say it s not great though. Yes I made it off the starter island, but the combat actually became very boring after awhile. If it wasn t the standard click npc, go kill 20 things, come back to npc, collect reward, and then on to the next, it might be better. It just isn t, no new combat will change that.

Why so much focus on questing? 

Every game has the same questing.

Every game has THIS thread, the "I'm sad this game has the same questing system as every other game" thread.

Whats cool about TERA's quests?

Well repeatable quests like kill 3 Naga, you can keep doing it past 3, you can get 12/3 and then go back and turn it in 4 times to the NPC who gave you the repeatable quest.  That allows for very "party based" game play, ala FFXI.

This game reminds me so much of FFXI it hurts... I feel like this is what FFXIV should have been if it had been made by the team at SE who is making Versus, made The Bouncer and Kingdom Hearts.   Its too bad the wrong team got that project and ruined it.

Oh well TERA feels exactly like FFXIV should have.  I'm in love.

Originally posted by Laughing-man

Why so much focus on questing? 

Every game has the same questing.

Every game has THIS thread, the "I'm sad this game has the same questing system as every other game" thread.

Whats cool about TERA's quests?

Well repeatable quests like kill 3 Naga, you can keep doing it past 3, you can get 12/3 and then go back and turn it in 4 times to the NPC who gave you the repeatable quest.  That allows for very "party based" game play, ala FFXI.

This game reminds me so much of FFXI it hurts... I feel like this is what FFXIV should have been if it had been made by the team at SE who is making Versus, made The Bouncer and Kingdom Hearts.   Its too bad the wrong team got that project and ruined it.

Oh well TERA feels exactly like FFXIV should have.  I'm in love.

This game feels like FFXI? I m on of the biggest FFXI lovers out there, and this game is not even close to it.  I m being honest here, but I can t see how they re even close at all.

• JohnShieldsJohnShields Member Posts: 35

Originally posted by voltt

you speak like swtor dead and burried

For a lot of people it is.

This game feels like FFXI? I m on of the biggest FFXI lovers out there, and this game is not even close to it.  I m being honest here, but I can t see how they re even close at all.

Get to 18, get in a Basilisk party.

I'm a Mystic, feels a lot like Bard, with a new twist.

Game feels like an updated FFXI.

Looking for group symbol is a carbon copy of the symbol from FFXI,  the grouping feels very much as dynamic and as fun as FFXI's.   A lot of the scenery, music, and monsters look like FFXI or feel like FFXI.

Lumbertown's music sounds a lot like Kazham.

There are Orcan, that look VERY MUCH l ike FFXI orcs, they even have a jump attack like the "grunts" did, looks VERY SIMILAR to the one from FFXI.

There are bird monsters, they look almost exactly like Yagudo.

There is a lot of areas that I swear look and feel like geshelba outpost, La Thine, Davoi, etc.

• Superduper69Superduper69 Member Posts: 363

Looking for group symbol is a carbon copy of the symbol from FFXI,  the grouping feels very much as dynamic and as fun as FFXI's.   A lot of the scenery, music, and monsters look like FFXI or feel like FFXI.

There are Orcan, that look VERY MUCH l ike FFXI orcs, they even have a jump attack like the "grunts" did, looks VERY SIMILAR to the one from FFXI.

There is a lot of areas that I swear look and feel like geshelba outpost, La Thine, Davoi, etc.

it looks like FFXI is not same as 'plays' like FFXI. I played FFXI for 4 years and Tera gameplay is nothing like it.

Just saying it feels like FFXI is a very vague statement.

Looking like and playing like are 2 completely different things. 1 I liked how long it took to level in FFXI, Tera is a breeze. 2. In FFXI back in the day you needed people for many many things by level 12 ish, Tera I haven t needed anyone for anything. 3. Rank missions, and the story that goes with it in FFXI, nothing remotely close except some short, bad voice acting cut scenes in Tera.

They re not even close as far as gameplay goes, and to me anyways, the world felt like an amazing breathing world in FFXI, Tera not so much, it s all rush rush rush.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

For Europe:

It might still have subs but there are two reasons for that. Annual pass for D3 and people just can't seem to convince their friends that this game is over. Despite the fact they won't be adding new content AT ALL until pandaria releases which hasn't even begun.  Yep WoW has this system, i can't stand it anymore after 7 years of playing it. Any game released this year had better have left this craphole of a system behind if it wants my buck. If they aren't changing the new releases they aren't listening to the majority of us who hate this system. it's bad business.

And as far as SWTOR quest system is concerned. this is what i have to say about that.

And finally, War and Rift's public quest systems aren't dynamic events. I hate to break it to you, but they aren't. I'm playing Rift right now. Nowhere near the same thing thus the reason it gets old fast. It's not dynamic it's the same thing over and over again.

WAR and Rift events are repeat events with the same choices the same outcome, DE's in GW2 are dynamic, you repair the canons the next series of events could be to jump in one and stave off an attack or, run around rezing the npcs who are fighting the attack forces or, helping a woman and child out of a building nearby and running them to safety. And the next time the first event loads it could change again. There's the difference. Choices.

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136

WAR and Rift events are repeat events with the same choices the same outcome, DE's in GW2 are dynamic, you repair the canons the next series of events could be to jump in one and stave off an attack or, run around rezing the npcs who are fighting the attack forces or, helping a woman and child out of a building nearby and running them to safety. And the next time the first event loads it could change again. There's the difference. Choices.

It sounds great and is what GW2 is basing itself around.  Let's see how it pans out over time.  There are not an unlimited amount of scenerios programmed so eventually you'll hit a redundancy wall.  Question is what else are you left with after that? Hopefully they've planned for that and give the players other options of play.  That's the way to keep people in the same place for a longer period of time.

I'm stoked to hear there are vast open areas just filled with BAMs in TERA.  It gives people a little choice in what they want to do.  From videos I've seen you dont get a crazy amount of xp in a 3-4 man group with BAMs so you don't run the risk of over-leveling your storyline quests.  Once release hits I think I'll skip a lot of the regular quests and travel around BAM hunting with some buddies.

Just not worth my time anymore.

Looking like and playing like are 2 completely different things. 1 I liked how long it took to level in FFXI, Tera is a breeze. 2. In FFXI back in the day you needed people for many many things by level 12 ish, Tera I haven t needed anyone for anything. 3. Rank missions, and the story that goes with it in FFXI, nothing remotely close except some short, bad voice acting cut scenes in Tera.

They re not even close as far as gameplay goes, and to me anyways, the world felt like an amazing breathing world in FFXI, Tera not so much, it s all rush rush rush.

Have you kite killed mobs as a BLM?

Its the exact same as soloing mobs as a Mystic (BAMs)

Seriously, the game play required is the same.

There are so many times when I was doing game play in TERA where I was thinking to myself "this is a lot like FFXI"

What made FFXI feel like a breathing world?   What about it?   TERA felt a lot like one to me.   What level did you get to?  What kinds of game play did you experience?

When did you play FFXI?  I played it from shortly before promathia release up until level 90 cap.   This game is its spiritual successor.

There are so many times when I was doing game play in TERA where I was thinking to myself "this is a lot like FFXI"

What made FFXI feel like a breathing world?   What about it?   TERA felt a lot like one to me.   What level did you get to?  What kinds of game play did you experience?

When did you play FFXI?  I played it from shortly before promathia release up until level 90 cap.   This game is its spiritual successor.

I ve played FFXI since release till now off and on. The dynamic of how Tera plays is nothing like FFXI. Tera is more of an action combat MMO, FFXI no even close to that. FFXI has so much more depth, BAMs could be like NMs I guess, but NMs we re a huge challenge to even find/spawn then just killing it. FFXI travel even on boats, you could get attacked by pirates. FFXI had huge teamwork involved to kill even 1 mob, Tera I could mow down 4-5 without even breaking a sweat. FFXI you had to get a license to ride the rentable mounts, Tera nope. FFXI you could put a second class under your main, and utilize those skills up to it s level which was half, Tera nothing like that. I really don t need to go on, if you played FFXI you would know the similarities are next to none, unless you re talking about solo kiting mobs, I guess. They re just simply so far from the same it s not even funny.

I ve played FFXI since release till now off and on. The dynamic of how Tera plays is nothing like FFXI. Tera is more of an action combat MMO, FFXI no even close to that. FFXI has so much more depth, BAMs could be like NMs I guess, but NMs we re a huge challenge to even find/spawn then just killing it. FFXI travel even on boats, you could get attacked by pirates. FFXI had huge teamwork involved to kill even 1 mob, Tera I could mow down 4-5 without even breaking a sweat. FFXI you had to get a license to ride the rentable mounts, Tera nope. FFXI you could put a second class under your main, and utilize those skills up to it s level which was half, Tera nothing like that. I really don t need to go on, if you played FFXI you would know the similarities are next to none, unless you re talking about solo kiting mobs, I guess. They re just simply so far from the same it s not even funny.

Have you stop to think, that perhaps there are tons of people who likes Tera the way it is?  just because it isen't exactly like some game you used to play and love,  does not means,  it won't appeal to many others.  hopefully you find a MMO you like.

honestly im so sick and tired of this (i call the Taliban syndrome)  if i dont like a game,  noone else will. if i dont like the game, devs will be hurt because they won't be getting my money,  everyone in the planet is a clone identical to myself,  they feel,  and like the samethings i do, act and , behave just like i do!   i wonder how long will take some people to realized.  that MMO devs don't make games to please them personally.    that the earth don't turn nor rely on them to keep going!.

Have you stop to think, that perhaps there are tons of people who likes Tera the way it is?  just because it isen't exactly like some game you used to play and love,  does not means,  it won't appeal to many others.  hopefully you find a MMO you like.

honestly im so sick and tired of this (i call the Taliban syndrome)  if i dont like a game,  noone else will. if i dont like the game, devs will be hurt because they won't be getting my money,  everyone in the planet is a clone identical to myself,  they feel,  and like the samethings i do, act and , behave just like i do!   i wonder how long will take some people to realized.  that MMO devs don't make games to please them personally.    that the earth don't turn nor rely on them to keep going!.

It has nothing to do with if I like the game or not, it has to do with it being like FFXI, which it s not at all. I m glad people like it, but it s not like FFXI at all. Hope that helps in understanding my point.

• Superduper69Superduper69 Member Posts: 363

I love this dude..always so hyper and angry..in his rage he seldom reads what people are actually discussing about. Leucent didn't say that Tera is bad he is just arguing that tera is nothing like FFXI on which i agree with him.

• darkedone02darkedone02 Member UncommonPosts: 581

One reason why i just stop playing much mmo is cause of these gear dependent, and repetitive questing system. I've been playing mass effect and how awesome the game is and the main quests is hardly much of a problem (and the side quest of find and deliver...). it's unique enough where they tell you to investigate and you end up in a shithole of a nest of monsters, and survive till reinfocement or extraction. Sadly these mmo quests are way to repeatitive and overused... nothing special like a kill 10 of these and on the 4th kill, you get invaded and the quests automatically canceled and replace to an "inform the coming invasion" shorta deal... but too many dumb developers never really take their time to do that, they like to rush like a fast food business.

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Watching area chat on multiple servers, across all three betas, there's a lot of this sentiment. The controls are very different from FFXI and it looks nothing like FFXI (Velika vs San d'Oria kgo lol) but there's just a feel to it.

"Feel" may be vague but lots of people on area chat bring it up, and a lot of people agree. These people, myself included, may only be 20% or 1% of the population, but it's certainly more than the portion of FFXI players who ever felt at home in WoW, Aion, RIFT, AoC or anything else.

For me, personally, nothing compares to FFXI's PLD/NIN or Ninja, but Lancer is close and warrior could be. (Frankly I just feel like warrior should take normal hits better so they handle massive multi-pulls better, but that feeling might change at endgame.)

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

Originally posted by Deathofsage

Watching area chat on multiple servers, across all three betas, there's a lot of this sentiment. The controls are very different from FFXI and it looks nothing like FFXI (Velika vs San d'Oria kgo lol) but there's just a feel to it.

"Feel" may be vague but lots of people on area chat bring it up, and a lot of people agree. These people, myself included, may only be 20% or 1% of the population, but it's certainly more than the portion of FFXI players who ever felt at home in WoW, Aion, RIFT, AoC or anything else.

For me, personally, nothing compares to FFXI's PLD/NIN or Ninja, but Lancer is close and warrior could be. (Frankly I just feel like warrior should take normal hits better so they handle massive multi-pulls better, but that feeling might change at endgame.)

Might just be the feel of other Asian game since western market is donimated by WoW, Rift, SWTOR which graphic wise doesn't remotely feel like FFXI. Could just be the astheics of the game that makes it feel ike FFXI, and not any game mechanic itself.

• Maddrox181Maddrox181 Member UncommonPosts: 133

Originally posted by Deleted User

For $15 a month this game is pretty terrible. It lacks so much in chacater customization, the game feels very generic, the only thing it has going for it is the combat which even that isn't so great, and the game overall just feels like it'd suite better for a f2p game.

Just my view of the game, don't see Tera Online lasting that long at all, much like swtor did. 

I had absolutely no interest in this game since the first time I heard people mention the name and some of its features with GW2 Just around the corner I had no intentions of getting into another p2p game however a friend of mine that played one of the earlier beta's wouldn't stop talking about the game and when seeing curse giving away keys started nagging me to try it after awhile I finally caved in and downloaded it doing some light research on it during the download. 

After playing it for a few days I will say that there are a few things that felt generic to me , Npc voices , Backround music  but the graphics when tweaked properly were astounding , The Combat is a nice change from Lock / Tab targetting , 7 Races in which I had problems choosing between and maps that were just massive in size and color and the Pvp / pk system was exceptionally fun , the classes were well done and game seems fairly balanced .... Overall I thought this game was fun enough to preorder and pay a monthly fee for it even with GW2  coming up I will be playing it. 

I was not dissapointed in the character customization , I could pick race / gender / hairstyle / face and customize the face to my likings which is all I care for tbh. 

While I would prefer if it was a b2p game like GW2 will be I am willing to pay for games that entertain me and this one is far more fun to me than Wow / Aion / Swtor ect so I have no issues paying a monthly sub for it. 

Also from what i've read so far on the forums the beta is no where near the live version in terms of content / Optimization so i'm sure some of the generic things will be changed soon and if they aren't they probably won't be a big deal anyways. 

Originally posted by Superduper69

I love this dude..always so hyper and angry..in his rage he seldom reads what people are actually discussing about. Leucent didn't say that Tera is bad he is just arguing that tera is nothing like FFXI on which i agree with him.

Not a dude!p  but yes you are right, i'm way too passionate and hyper

i get carry away with my own rants, so don't mind me lol

Not a dude!p  but yes you are right, i'm way too passionate and hyper

i get carry away with my own rants, so don't mind me lol

Minds.... =X

Know what this game need? KNIGHTMARE.... just saying =X