Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ F2P: links for game client, custom maps, crafting and assorted stuff

2»

Comments

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030

Originally posted by just1opinion

I don't think they "created a new server" with Vox.  I think they just gave it a new ruleset.  I am pretty sure I remember Vox being one of the two "pay to win" servers where you could buy absolutely everything for cash....stat gear, etc.  They used to have TWO servers where you could do that.  Now they probably only have one.  That is interesting that they would reuse that server and not change its name.

EQ2 is a great game.  I miss it.  But after 7 years, I just can't bring myself to come back for more than a week at a time.  I still pay to come back and visit though.  I wonder if I would be able to visit all my houses on free to play.  All servers have free to play now, right?  I'm on Everfrost.  I would like to see my houses again. :)  Sadly all of my guildmates have also leaked away a bit at a time.  We all just played too much too long. lol

This topic is about EQ.. And yes, I think you are right about the EQ2 Vox server.

Edit: Wow I was late to respond lol

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

O M G....lol   I'm so sorry.  EQ, not EQ2.  Well....I will just gracefully bow out now. :)

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• TrappinTrappin Member UncommonPosts: 66

The default map pack that comes with the game download will leave folks lost and bewildered -  I strongly advice grabbing the mapfiend pack and installing it before playing.

Prime example of getting lost when using the default maps; the Plane of Knowledge book from Crescent Reach - the default new character spawn location - is located in Blightfire Moors but the default game maps are blank. Come March 16th, we'll see dozens and dozens of people asking where the CR PoK books are located.  For really new people - PoK book are a portal statue leading to Everquest's main transport hub - international airport arrival and departure zone.

The default spawn point for all new characters is Crescent Reach. if you want your character [origin] bound in the old city starting locations then select the appropriate racial homeland AND toggle the Turorial to Off during character creation. Don't worry about getting locked out of the newbie tutorial,  just logout to the character selection screen and toggle it back On.

Origin binding is different from soulbinding. Soulbinding can be changed but I think origin binding is permenent.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

I know theres bound to be issues for some players when the game goes f2p this week Friday

heres the customer support info for EQ (or any SOE game)

http://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10404

Our Technical, Account and Billing staff is available Monday through Friday from 6:00am - 7:00pm PT (excluding holidays). There are three ways to contact us:

1. Live Chat - If you cannot find the answer through the Knowledge Base you can chat directly with a technical support agent using Live Chat. Chat Support is available Monday through Friday from 10:00am - 7:00pm PST (excluding holidays).

2. Open a Support Ticket - Click here to email a Support Representative directly.

3. Phone Support - Technical, Account and Billing help for is available at 858 537-0898, Monday through Friday from 6:00am - 7:00pm PT (excluding holidays).

* NOTE: If you are having trouble contacting us through an already existing account, or cannot contact us by phone, please create a temporary Station Account and Click here to submit a ticket through the help site using the new account. Make sure to include the name of the account that you wish to address in your ticket. We will then help you recover your regular account.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by Nadia

I know theres bound to be issues for some players when the game goes f2p this week Friday

heres the customer support info for EQ (or any SOE game)

http://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10404

Our Technical, Account and Billing staff is available Monday through Friday from 6:00am - 7:00pm PT (excluding holidays). There are three ways to contact us:

1. Live Chat - If you cannot find the answer through the Knowledge Base you can chat directly with a technical support agent using Live Chat. Chat Support is available Monday through Friday from 10:00am - 7:00pm PST (excluding holidays).

2. Open a Support Ticket - Click here to email a Support Representative directly.

3. Phone Support - Technical, Account and Billing help for is available at 858 537-0898, Monday through Friday from 6:00am - 7:00pm PT (excluding holidays).

* NOTE: If you are having trouble contacting us through an already existing account, or cannot contact us by phone, please create a temporary Station Account and Click here to submit a ticket through the help site using the new account. Make sure to include the name of the account that you wish to address in your ticket. We will then help you recover your regular account.

How comfortable.... SOE customer support

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• rondericronderic Member Posts: 56

Well, I must say SOE support has been very good to me. I had an old account - not played for 7 years and couldnt remember the password. My email addy has changed over the years, I couldnt remember my secret question, even the CC was new.

I logged on to SOE chat support and after answering a few questions the guy got me fixed up within minutes.

I am now playing happily. Things have changed but I am getting used to the graphics and above all - I am having fun!

You can please some MMO-players all of the time and you can please all MMO-players some of the time but you can't please all MMO-players all of the time.

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809

No mention of the classic server? That would be my only interest if I were to come back.

• BelgueBelgue Member UncommonPosts: 46

Does anyone know if I can buy just 1 class and play F2P after that?

Originally posted by leowolff Does anyone know if I can buy just 1 class and play F2P after that?

Yes. You can buy class, race, gear and spell slot unlockers and upgrades individually or as package deals.

Originally posted by Zeppelin4 No mention of the classic server? That would be my only interest if I were to come back.

Progression servers are not included in the free to play launch.

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809

Originally posted by Trappin

Originally posted by Zeppelin4 No mention of the classic server? That would be my only interest if I were to come back.

Progression servers are not included in the free to play launch.

There went any interest I would have. :( Thanks for the information.

thanks for the map link Op  :)

some class boards still function

I know the shammy board is still around  (and supports paladins too)

http://crucible.samanna.net/index.php

I still moderate the chanter board

http://www.therunes.net/forums/index.php

SOE class forums got lumped into class types  (tank / melee / healer / etc)

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/forums/list.m?category_id=16

Updated links