Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The End of EQOA

Some might say the game was dead a long time ago... but SoE has decided to finally shut down the everquest online adventure servers.

http://everquestonlineadventures.station.sony.com/news_story.vm?id=67961

For many this was the first MMORPG they ever played. It was my first mmo and as how that usually goes, it was my favorite. I played in from 2003-2005 and just bought a used ps2 for like 30 bucks to play it again last saturday. Well today they officially signed its life away. It will be missed by me and its close community. I guess im just glad I got one last stab at it.

Comments

• pusciferpuscifer Member Posts: 2

I knew this day was coming and its still so sad. RIP my favorite game of all time :(

• X-PorterX-Porter Member Posts: 229

This really is sad news to me.

EQOA was my first MMO as well, and nothing ever really compares to your first. Played that game for hours on end. I used to set my alarm clock and get up in the middle of the night to make sure I got the winning auction bid on the item I wanted :)

So many great in-game friends; Karldagerman, Ceyguy, Kurgan, Densatu, Bythor... good times.

On the upside, with Station Access Garenn can log in one last time and say goodbye. ;(

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

thanks for the info - I never played this but always been curious about it

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

Originally posted by Nadia

thanks for the info - I never played this but always been curious about it

Me, too. I only wish I had not waited until January to check it out, since I could have played free* most of last year.

* Station Pass account, I still needed to buy a game machine and disc.