Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 pre-purchase details announced

Comments

• DiovidiusDiovidius Member UncommonPosts: 1,026
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Here is what's in the different boxes:

http://buy.guildwars2.com/

I think I will go for the middle one.

Edit: Doh, Dio got before me...

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

150 for CE

75 for Digital Deluxe

I want to knowif those CE items all come with the DDE.  Only thing mentioned is the band.

Edit: N/M thanks you two.  DDE it is.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Interesting.  So order digitally from them or buy the CE and get 3 days head start.  Pre order from a retailer other than them and get 1 day head start.

The digital delux items look pretty useless imo.  Don't really care about any of them.  Best course of action imo is a simple digital pre order, still $59.  As long as they keep the cash shop in check I don't mind paying this per expansion.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

I'll just be buying the standard edition but i won't pre-order until they give a date. Usually i just pre-order from retailers like Amazon as they don't charge until release, this time i would rather give it to Anet as they have no subscription but don't fancy plonking down the cash until they confirm when the game is coming out.

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

Originally posted by ProfRed

Interesting.  So order digitally from them or buy the CE and get 3 days head start.  Pre order from a retailer other than them and get 1 day head start.

The digital delux items look pretty useless imo.  Don't really care about any of them.  Best course of action imo is a simple digital pre order, still $59.  As long as they keep the cash shop in check I don't mind paying this per expansion.

Where did you hear about the 1 day head start if buying from another vendor?  That sucks if that's the case (and we don't get the 3 day head start), I already ordered both my copies from Amazon.  :(

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

Originally posted by evolver1972

Where did you hear about the 1 day head start if buying from another vendor?  That sucks if that's the case (and we don't get the 3 day head start), I already ordered both my copies from Amazon.  :(

The Digital Deluxe pre-purchase is only going to run you $79.99, and the Standard Edition will be $59.99 -- again, any three of those will secure you the Hero's Band, a place in beta events, and a three-day head start. Pre-ordering Guild Wars 2 from select retailers will reserve you a copy of the game at launch and entitle you to a one-day head start.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.  Cold medicine is making me loopy.

Amazon doesn't charge until ship so you can cancel.  Gamestop you can just move whatever you put down to another game.  Smart way to push digital version or collectors.  No way to buy a boxed copy of the game and get the same headstart.

I just can't stop editing i'm on a roll.  Guys mouse over the digital deluxe items.  They are mediocre at best.  5 days worth of a golem that is definitely going to be a cash shop item.  Some glory you can straight up earn from simply PvP'ing which will likely be a cash shop item.  Some of this concerns me a bit.  Especially the use of a skill as one of the items.  They are unleveling the playing field if they start introducing skills in this way.  Hopefully it is a completely useless skill like most preorder items are.

The Digital Deluxe pre-purchase is only going to run you $79.99, and the Standard Edition will be $59.99 -- again, any three of those will secure you the Hero's Band, a place in beta events, and a three-day head start. Pre-ordering Guild Wars 2 from select retailers will reserve you a copy of the game at launch and entitle you to a one-day head start.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.  Cold medicine is making me loopy.

Amazon doesn't charge until ship so you can cancel.  Gamestop you can just move whatever you put down to another game.  Smart way to push digital version or collectors.  No way to buy a boxed copy of the game and get the same headstart.

Where did you see that quote?  It's not on the official page....

• LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

haven't heard anything about that either.

Oh sorry its in the link from the OP.  Last line.

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

Anyone know if this is going to be sold on Steam?

• robsonicrobsonic Member UncommonPosts: 26

Originally posted by Paragus1

No way. NCSoft isn't going to do that. They have their own launcher they love to use.

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

Originally posted by robsonic

No way. NCSoft isn't going to do that. They have their own launcher they love to use.

Guild wars 1 is on steam.   That's why I was asking.

Oh sorry its in the link from the OP.  Last line.

Thanks....that kinda sucks.  I pre ordered both my copies a month ago because I was so excited for the game.  I wish they would recognize that as much as buying directly from their site...

• EmrendilEmrendil Member Posts: 199

I'm buying digital edition.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

They sell GW1 on Steam... It might just pop as well... but I doubt it'll go there.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• DiovidiusDiovidius Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Steam does extend the reach of the game quite a lot.

• kaldrickkaldrick Member UncommonPosts: 25

So...Does this mean that there will be no beta prior to April 10th?

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Originally posted by kaldrick

No, it doesn't. But it does, it seems, seem to mean that soon is sooner than we think I think.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

they said next beta is somewhere at the end of this month... it should be...

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

wellp.... guess i know when i'm spending my money now.

• will75will75 Member UncommonPosts: 365

Sweet ... and yeah i'll go DDE for the pvp item.  At least i won't miss more than 1 beta event :)   Because you know they aren't going to do another one before april 10th,  Bet 2nd event is april 13th.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by korent1991

they said next beta is somewhere at the end of this month... it should be...

Yeah, they said in a mail yesterday that we would get the invites soon, probably today or tomorrow.

It is not impossible that it wll be this weekend even.

In just over 48 hours, 1 million players signed up for a chance to participate in upcoming Guild Wars 2 beta events. Although we wish we could invite everyone who signed up to playtest the beta, we do have a limited number of slots available for each event and not everyone will be able to play. We know you're very eager for us to send out beta invitations, and we will be sending these confirmations out shortly.

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Originally posted by will75

Sweet ... and yeah i'll go DDE for the pvp item.  At least i won't miss more than 1 beta event :)   Because you know they aren't going to do another one before april 10th,  Bet 2nd event is april 13th.

No. They are doing another. They stated one near the end of March and the next in April.

• will75will75 Member UncommonPosts: 365

Originally posted by Falcomith

Originally posted by will75

No. They are doing another. They stated one near the end of March and the next in April

That's what i just said.. it's going to be 16th 23rd or 30th...     And i am saying the next won't be at least until april 13th