Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Collector's Edition Revealed

Comments

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

https://buy.guildwars2.com/ Nice and easy to see what you get for each. Imo deluxe edition is very nice unless you want all those gorgeous books/soundtracks etc.

And sys req.:

• Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or better

• Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 or better

• NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800, ATI Radeon™ X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better (256MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)

• 25 GB available HDD space

• Broadband Internet connection

• Keyboard and mouse

* Due to potential changes, system requirements may change over time, and you may be required to upgrade your current system (or obtain a new system) to continue to play the game.

Not so bad. I'm so exicted for some reason XP Now I know we will see gW2 before summer vacations.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Digital Delux it is.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• rwmwafflerwmwaffle Member UncommonPosts: 9

no authenticator :(

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Looks really nice and I'm looking forward to GW2, but Star Wars was the final straw for me. Never pre-ordering an MMO again.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Gel214thGel214th Member UncommonPosts: 188

When you buy the CE just as with all the other MMOS that have done this, you will get a code. This code will allow you to get your three days of Headstart.

For people that complain and criticise the other MMOs that have done this, they sure don't know much about the process at all. 

The game was said to launch in September. So between April and September should be quite a few events. Still...it is rather early to have a Pre-Order. Didn't SWTOR start a month or two before the launch? Can't recall...

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

That's a nice looking CE. Grats to everyone who adds it to their collection.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

I always get the regular digital so i have no issue with the crazies that want to shell out $150.

• KaocanKaocan Member UncommonPosts: 1,270

So the $149 CE is the ONLY physical box version they are going to have? 

(DISCLAIMER - The use of the word YOU in the above post is not directed at any one person in particular, but towards those who fall into the category itself - there is no personal attack here, neither intentional nor implied.)

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Actually, I will probably go for the normal digital edition instead of the deluxe. 3 Out of the 5 items from Digital Deluxe are one use or temporary items.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

good thing I dont care for goodies

Gotta go with the digital edition on april

If you think that you dont have to pay a subscription, this price is fair enough for only one time purchase

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Are they serious with these digital deluxe items?  Mouse over them.  They all read as cash shop items to me and if this is the kind of things we get in the cash shop I am a bit worried.

The most worrisome thing for me is that they are putting an elite skill into this package.  Skills for money is a slippery slope and that is the exact opposite of what they have said in the past...

A golem that you can use for 5 days... cash shop rental item.  A chalice that gives you PvP points/glory... cash shop pay 2 get PvP points.  A tome that reads as a cash shop item to boost guilds.  Miniatures bleh whatever for some not for some prob cash shop items all fluff and not a problem.

WTF are they doing rolling a skill into this.  Why are they giving items and probably putting items into the cash shop that reward you with something that you should naturally get from PvP'ing.  I am more than a little concerned....

• KaocanKaocan Member UncommonPosts: 1,270

Anyone have the price on the DE and DD versions yet? I sure as hell hope I'm not going to be paying $49 for a digital copy when I used to spend that for a box with a CD.

(DISCLAIMER - The use of the word YOU in the above post is not directed at any one person in particular, but towards those who fall into the category itself - there is no personal attack here, neither intentional nor implied.)

• DiovidiusDiovidius Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Originally posted by Kaocan

So the $149 CE is the ONLY physical box version they are going to have? 

The only physical box version you can buy directly from NCsoft, yes.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Kaocan

Anyone have the price on the DE and DD versions yet? I sure as hell hope I'm not going to be paying $49 for a digital copy when I used to spend that for a box with a CD.

$60 and $80.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/03/13/guild-wars-2-pre-purchase-details-announced/

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Digital Deluxe it is for me :)

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

Go digital, trust me.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Oh system requirements show that you need 25Gb free harddisk space. That will be a long download lol if the download speed becomes slower due to many downloading it at the same time :)

• zinger71zinger71 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    The system requirements are too high for my laptop. I won't be preordering until I get a new rig, if at all. Sucks. Was looking forward to this one.
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Look what SW:TOR has done, now more fucking companies are going to pump out a ridiculously overpriced CE. I don't feel like paying $50 for a figurine.

Sigh...

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Urgh! Why did they have to add the Rytlock statue in thre CE. Would have been perfect without it. Before the CE would have been a definite purchase but now, with the price tag, I have to consider whether it is worth it. If I manage to see it online for £80/90 then I may gett it.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Right now my eyes is set on Digital Deluxe, but will properly decide once the pricing on collector edition is revealed.

Faaaa iPad 3rd Gen and GW2 is gonna wipe me clean.

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347

All are crying about 150 collectors edition, yet you are not forced to buy it, go buy standard.

Game is B2P, maybe u would like to buy game and than have to pay for sub every month.

Once again CE is optional not must !!!

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626

While I personally don't care for most of the items in the collectors edition, I have friends who love the art books and sound tracks for these games. They are also artistic in that way, and love these kinds of things. It's not for everyone, but for some people this the best thing since sliced bread. I still know people who collect figures and treasure them. Is it nerdy? Sure.. but aren't we all? In our own way.. yes.

• fansedefansede Member UncommonPosts: 960

GW2 coming soon! So when do you all think it will release based on this? June?

• Superduper69Superduper69 Member Posts: 363

Originally posted by Pivotelite

Look what SW:TOR has done, now more fucking companies are going to pump out a ridiculously overpriced CE. I don't feel like paying $50 for a figurine.

Sigh...

I am pretty sure that figurine costs more than 50 bucks.