Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is bad IMO [Mod edit]

Comments

• AzmodaiAzmodai Member UncommonPosts: 154

Originally posted by darkedone02

The only way Tera could improved is make more then one unique system, the omly unique system that they made was the improved combat to where it's more actiony like vindictus, and how each and every race has a different type of control and uniqueness, that is the only good thing however it's just enough when you still have generic things that been neglated of improvement like the quest system, the crafting (that's need a big upgrade), making guild have the ability to gain special perks, a guild hall, a unique experiance system that determines it's level, and other things to make this game better. This is what is needed to attact more people and resolves most of the problems that we are having.

There is also the Political system, this system really makes it unique. This also increases the Open world pvp which we all love. I was very impressed with how It can handle a Very large amount of players without lagging, Very smooth on my System.

• Phaze7Phaze7 Member Posts: 93

Originally posted by fiontar

I pre-ordered with the intention of playing TERA until GW2 came out. Now on CB3 and I have no interest to play. Judging by the low server populations on just 4 servers, I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

On many technical levels the game is fairly solid. I like the graphics, the world design is ok, character models look nice and the animations are good. However, I hate the fact you can't move while using skills and the static quest hub style of PVE content is killing me. It's 2012, not 2005!

I also hate that each race doesn't have their own starter and low level areas. If you want to reroll to try another class, you have to play the exact same content over again, with out enough redundancy to pick and chose a different path.

I also don't care for the class design. I've tried four classes so far and don't like any of them. I think some would be enjoyable if you could actually move around while using skills, but I guess we'll never know.

I'm sure some players will find a lot to like here. There are some elements that are well made, but for me, personally, I just don't find that the individual parts were assembled into a cohesive whole that represents the kind of game experience I'm looking for after more than a decade playing MMOs.

I actually like the same starter area due to the fact it made trying different classes go alot faster once I did all the quests and left the isle on my first character.

There are some charge up skills that you can actually move around (slowly) left and rigth to avoid getting hit while building up a big attack, example beserkers can move slowly while charging bick axe attacks.

I played a priest to lv 12, Sorc to 12, warrior to 8 b4 CBT3 closed, Beserker to 21, archer to 8, and a Mystic to 12 all during the last beta and my first.

I too like the character models and animations and the beserker male human's heavy armor and axe look great.  There wa ssome coloring in the different pieces of armor I got around lv 17 -21 bluish tint made me look better than lower levels.

Also in town there were some crazy expensive armor sets I think are for applying to your character for set armor model look and an npc to reset it if you change your mind. 

I like the armor and weapon crystal or rune system, helps alot when leveling, I don't like when they break upon death but there were not too expensive to replace at 21. I'm sure its worse higher lv.

I hope there are epic non breakable ones endgame.

The chain skill system is great it really helps you define your playstyle.  For example I had a knockdown charge up on my berserker set up to chain an aoe whirlwind attack that just devistates single and minion targets.

At first I had chained different abilities but after to experimenting I set up to kncokdown and aoe to kill fast.  This I had to change when I fought a linked pair of orcs that were around lv 19.  The orcs hit very hard and i still need to work on my movement because Berserkers are just snails in combat.

The sorc was by far the most fun I had playing a ranged class, the archer I couldn't get into for some reason, but the ice slow and magma bomb on chain was fun and easy to kill anything on the starter isle until I left.

The game is deffinately not like other combat mmos due to the target system which takes time to learn on all the different classes.  I do not like the lock on system for casters because even thoi an abilitiy is instant the lock on part of it makes you cast the 2nd part of the ability and takes a sec or 2.

Very decieving playstyle compared to what I thought would be an instant spell that just locks on your target.

I loved the fast animations of warrior abilities, man if my zerker could move that fast it would be so op.

I respect your opinions and the game is not for you, but for me learning a different style of combat and finding the right class for me was tons of fun this weekend.

My main charater will be a zerker on early start and my second will be a sorc.

The game wasn't earth breaking but it was fun and challenging.  Healers don't do anywhere near the damage I was doing on my beserker and i like that about this game, roles are designed to do what the game says they are to do.

No priests or mystics out dpsing my mele toon hurray!

I feel there are alot of little treasures in this game that alot of people have't explored or figured out yet.

Took me a few characters to figure out crystals ar echeap and can be double slotted to heal and regen mp, chain skills and right setup can make things so much easier etc.

I think the game is ok and has some potential and will bring in the crowd that can do more than mash two buttons ftw.

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

crystal breaking is the only real penalty for dying, w/o it dying has no consquence.

• keitholikeitholi Member UncommonPosts: 140

Well I have been in all 3 beta weekends so far and gotten up to lvl 32 with some pretty pimp gear from dungeons, and I will be cancelling my pre-order today or tomorrow.

This game is just terrible. Aside from the combat, which is innovative and actually fun, this game offers nothing. We have only been allowed so far to try the combat, crafting and enchanting. While the combat is a breath of fresh air, the enchanting and crafting system is straight out Silk Road, which is like 12+ years old and FREE to boot. PATHETIC.

Since they haven't allowed us to try the battlegrounds yet and the Political system is either not ready, or they just don't want us to see it yet, there really is nothing to do outside of killing stuff. Can you say 1 dimensional? How far do you think this game will go with a Feature list like: Combat PvE and PvP and Harvesting, to be used with a completely useless crafting system!

And ummmm... thats it, really. It is nothing more than a shameless money grab for a game that is not even doing well in it's own market and historically Korean games do not do well in the west. As far as their claims of "westernizing" it for release over here, that consisted entirely of toning down the grindyness of it and localizing it for English translation.

Originally posted by keitholi

Well I have been in all 3 beta weekends so far and gotten up to lvl 32 with some pretty pimp gear from dungeons, and I will be cancelling my pre-order today or tomorrow.

This game is just terrible. Aside from the combat, which is innovative and actually fun, this game offers nothing. We have only been allowed so far to try the combat, crafting and enchanting. While the combat is a breath of fresh air, the enchanting and crafting system is straight out Silk Road, which is like 12+ years old and FREE to boot. PATHETIC.

Since they haven't allowed us to try the battlegrounds yet and the Political system is either not ready, or they just don't want us to see it yet, there really is nothing to do outside of killing stuff. Can you say 1 dimensional? How far do you think this game will go with a Feature list like: Combat PvE and PvP and Harvesting, to be used with a completely useless crafting system!

And ummmm... thats it, really. It is nothing more than a shameless money grab for a game that is not even doing well in it's own market and historically Korean games do not do well in the west. As far as their claims of "westernizing" it for release over here, that consisted entirely of toning down the grindyness of it and localizing it for English translation.

Well sorry if you don't like it but not doing well in Korea? 5th most play mmorpg and 9th most played game? Consider how much mmorpg korea has thats not doing well?

and what Beta has the full game in it?

• AlminieAlminie Member UncommonPosts: 114

Originally posted by rexzshadow

Well sorry if you don't like it but not doing well in Korea? 5th most play mmorpg and 9th most played game? Consider how much mmorpg korea has thats not doing well?

Turth,  also how does this guy think they will let everyone try the political system when that system is made for lvl 50+ players, maybe wait for beta 5 for the Political system...

there are also a few instances that are really good. crafting is pretty good.  also just gathering mats is really good since you can have a full group gather from the same nod and you end up getting 5x the normal amount of mats then if you were gathering solo.

Well, I guess I was going by info I saw on the forums. A few minutes on "the googles" and It does look like your numbers are accurate. I also understand it's a beta. I have been beta testing games for 15+ years. I have seen the best and worst of them. I believe I did mention that I know some of the systems are not in yet, however the systems that ARE in the game, other than combat, SUCK.

Please take a few minutes to go look at Silk Road online. The game is going on 13 years old or something close and the enchanting and crafting systems are like STRAIGHT out of that game. So even when they do put ALL the features in the game, they can be counted on one hand and are not very good at that.

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136
    Even without the combat TERA is a fantastic game. I keep seeing "run of the mill" and "typical quest grinder" being associated with TERA and all I can do is chuckle. There have been many threads pointing out all the features and goodies TERA gives you, in one title, that make it a complete package MMO.

Does the combat set the tone more than any other feature? Yes. Is it really fun? Yes. Just because of this don't discredit the rest of the game though. TERA does not tout a revolutionary progression system but it's more than enjoyable and they are adding more dynamics already. NA should have a really deep game for being "new" come May 1st.

Just not worth my time anymore.

Originally posted by Alminie

Turth,  also how does this guy think they will let everyone try the political system when that system is made for lvl 50+ players, maybe wait for beta 5 for the Political system...

there are also a few instances that are really good. crafting is pretty good.  also just gathering mats is really good since you can have a full group gather from the same nod and you end up getting 5x the normal amount of mats then if you were gathering solo.

Have you even fucking tried crafting? Dont sit there and say crafting is "pretty good" because its not. I have spent over 1 million in crafting since beta started and the items still suck worse than what you get on overworld non-boss mobs.

• Derza10Derza10 Member Posts: 70

So you are basing the whole game on the enchanting and crafting systems? IDK maybe its just me but those are the least important parts of a mmo for me. I take it you are a pve player, think this game is more appealing to the pvpers, Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it.

I've seen a few posts on the CBT feedback forums about crafting, one of those was probably you hehe.

Strength of crafted items aside I do like the gathering buffs and the fact anyone can craft anything without having to choose a specialty. Price might stop you from choosing more than one to begin with though lol.

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Originally posted by Deathofsage

The key problem with character customization is it's too centralized around the face/head features for a lot of races. You can't control character size. You can't have fun creating funhouse-mirror characters or voluptuous defenders of truth.

I've been in all three betas and I am feeling kind of burnt out with the character wipes

Character wipes???  my guess is you have never played the beta at all.

in Tera Beta 1-3 they haven't wiped any characters at all,  when Tera goes to Open Beta characters made before in Beta 1-5

will get wiped.  and characters in open Beta will not get wiped at all.

Uh lol...calm down.

If you didn't pre-order, and just got a different beta key each time, like I did, you get your characters reset each time. Dunno why, I just haven't given Best Buy $5 to pre-order. It's entirely my fault.

My point was that now that I've played about 15 characters, I'm totally burnt out on the beginning areas.

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

Well, I guess I was going by info I saw on the forums. A few minutes on "the googles" and It does look like your numbers are accurate. I also understand it's a beta. I have been beta testing games for 15+ years. I have seen the best and worst of them. I believe I did mention that I know some of the systems are not in yet, however the systems that ARE in the game, other than combat, SUCK.

Please take a few minutes to go look at Silk Road online. The game is going on 13 years old or something close and the enchanting and crafting systems are like STRAIGHT out of that game. So even when they do put ALL the features in the game, they can be counted on one hand and are not very good at that.

I got scared of that game coz it kept crashing my old computer, i thought it was the game till later i realised (after i got my new laptop for college) that the cooling fan on my graphic card was broken lol..... explain why any heavy graphic crashed the graphic card XD.

I'll look in to the system later this week after all my tests Q_Q some one want to ace my bio lab pratical for me?

We not going to get political until launch. If my guild guessed right, 38 is as far as you get in CBT5 and OBT. Reason is that it won't be higher because they don't want us to move to the second land mass. Makes sense really, to make people want to buy the game to see whats ahead.

Uh lol...calm down.

If you didn't pre-order, and just got a different beta key each time, like I did, you get your characters reset each time. Dunno why, I just haven't given Best Buy $5 to pre-order. It's entirely my fault.

My point was that now that I've played about 15 characters, I'm totally burnt out on the beginning areas.

Well ya if you do somthing 15 time you are going to be burned out... i mean any game launch are you going to make 15 characters with in spam of like 1 month? Also they aren't wiped just locked. Every time you use a beta key you create other minor account. Once you pre-order you can unlock one of them and get access to those character again. I heard you can pre-order on amazon for free.

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Well ya if you do somthing 15 time you are going to be burned out... i mean any game launch are you going to make 15 characters with in spam of like 1 month? Also they aren't wiped just locked. Every time you use a beta key you create other minor account. Once you pre-order you can unlock one of them and get access to those character again. I heard you can pre-order on amazon for free.

Really? Nice.

Yeah, it's entirely my fault I'm burnt out on the game. I don't blame my burnout on anything but procrastinating. (Idiots are my mortal enemies, so for me, Best Buy is my Legion of Doom).

No no, it's just my fault for procrastinating. Never denied that either.

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Really? Nice.

Yeah, it's entirely my fault I'm burnt out on the game. I don't blame my burnout on anything but procrastinating. (Idiots are my mortal enemies, so for me, Best Buy is my Legion of Doom).

No no, it's just my fault for procrastinating. Never denied that either.

15 characters holy shit...I only rolled one character for that particular reason. I have had WoW for a long time and don't even have 15 characters above level 10.

However that one character I max gear and enchant everything by the end of each CBT lol. Have a lot of fun PvPing on the last day every time. :D

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

I really enjoyed the combat in this game. It made each class feel different when playing. The questing was pretty horrible, but I hate any and all quest grind games. But I was able to weed through it, had fun on my lvl 25 lancer.

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

I think this game has potentional and have been following it for quite some time.

I am very happy this game isnt as hyped as people did with swtor for misterius reasons as it all seemed very obvious (my opinion)

It gives this game the possibilityl to grow instead of of losing a major chunk of all possible players with a lot of shit talk going around cus everyone played since day 1.

• silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526

Tera isn't a bad game, it just isn't a great game. I used to be hyped for the game enough to spend 20 bucks to get into the korean beta and another 40 bucks for the first month of korean release.

There are some people that are gonna like it and there are some people who are gonna hate it. I used to be of those people that were hyped up for it, but I played enough that once as someone said the honeymoon effect wore off, i quit with 2 weeks left on my sub.

Why did I quit:

1. the game feels lifeless. Its a huge world and beautiful world, but it felt so lifeless. Once you go on level 38+  map, for those who play at release you would know what I mean. It's a huge empty world, that only seem to exist for the BAMs that populate every square inch of the world. There is no aesthetic theme in that game. and some of the mobs just look out of place.

2. For a game about combat, it felt clunky and slow. As a person who loves action games, the inability to move while casting a spell even an instant spell blows. And given how the main feature of tera is its combat its pretty disappointing. It's like going to a steak only house and realizing that while the steak is better than most steaks in the area, is not that much of an improvement.

3. free form aiming doesn't really add much to combat for most classes except for mystic and priest. I do admit that healing at higher levels is pretty exciting because you cant just stand back and spam heal, but only it happens when my group tried to do content the game demeed we were not ready for by artifically increase difficulty.

4. The game forces artifical difficulty. Back when I played at least, for each level difference your dps was cut by 25% which was capped at 50-75%. My group, did an instance and we got to the final boss, we pretty much 4 man the instance with (lancer, mystic, priest and zerker). The boss was 44 we were 42, and we couldn't kill the boss thats when someone finally told us, the dps penalty. So an easy instance was handicap by the game.

5. The game at least in PvE gets progressively easy. You might think when at level 37 where a good 70% of the mobs are BAMs are elites it would get harder, but no. It gets easier. The player gets moves faster, has stronger skills, while the mobs pretty much stayed the same. Except for the world bosses, its like taking candy from a big baby.

6. Political system pretty much amounts to a popularity contest. based on your PvP rank  and other things you can get be nominated for office and you can get voted into governor for a region. Which pretty much just means you can turn off PvP, set merchants (some areas after level 38, wont have certain NPCs like auction house) and collect taxes for a specific area.

I think just like aion, tera will have high initial sub numbers that will drop really fast. Tera is a fun game, to me it felt like aion with a aiming modified.

From your post I'd guess you played over a year ago? I can't tell you everything has changed but from the amount of content coming out in KTERA that was released, that will also be in NA release, at least some things have.

I have to disagree on targetting. X&Y axis aiming is critical for most melee skills that are not AoE. Some will miss completly while others do have "conal" range of damage.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Only thing wrong with this game is the journey from 1-20 could have been better and  each race should have had their own starting area. 

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Originally posted by Mannish

Only thing wrong with this game is the journey from 1-20 could have been better and  each race should have had their own starting area. 

Agreed , sadly it's going to seriously hinder the game IMO because the way they advertise the game does not reflect the first 20 levels, and most people won't play that long.

I mean the game really shines in difficulty at end-game. Hopefully they won't nerf the harder content for NA, with the content that serves to keep players playing for a long time at endgame now implemented for our launch, TERA could actually be pretty successful. Many people think these systems are stupid but they keep people playing games...a game without content and things to do at max level will fail.

- Dailies and Reputation quests with high level armor/rewards and novelty items like mounts, hats, glasses, etc.

- 3-5 dungeons with normal/hardmode, hardmode never being an easy task even when fully geared. 

- The Nexus system, which is 20 man parties fighting off monster invasions for points and tokens to buy good gear/cosmetic items.

- Battlegrounds with ranking for both provincial control and PvP gear, as well as GvG for fun and 10v10 deathmatches for friendly competition as well as trying to make bank while satisfying the gambling side of you.

Almost none of this was at launch for Korea and the level cap was only 50...the game has come a long way and should continue to do so. I wait in anticipation for an official announcement on SvS content.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Originally posted by Xasapis

For Europe:

https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=27286

Originally posted by itgrowls

TERA has a good combat system i'll admit but i really don't see the appeal of the killtenrats or the end game rat race or the endless gear treadmill. Those things are old and should be shunned by everyone here.

I'd challenge you to name an mmorpg that isn't like this. A released one, developers can claim whatever during development circle. Only one I can think of is A tale in the desert (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Tale_in_the_Desert)

you just proved my point, what mmo isn't like this thats in release right now. That's my whole statement in a nutshell, take this out and put in a real quest system, something that doesn't require a ratrace to the endgame, gear treadmill, or a quest system where you have to run back to a town to turn in a quest that has been completed and this would be as exciting as other titles soon to be out this year. Hell even Wars public quest system would be better then this ten plus old system of advancement, and what you should be doing as a player and consumer is demanding that these companies release something better because it's high time for a change instead of complaining that other players who are more informed consumers are pointing these things out.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

[snipit]

Thats call fanboyism, not everyone will like the same thing. Just like i fcking hate skyrim but other love it. So no not any 10 year old with a computer will tell you how great GW2 is.

"there are literally limitless possibilities to the progression and future of TERA. "

"I have to agree there, thats what i feel too if BH want to add things they can coz their core is so good. I litteraly the things the game is missing are add on."

Uh actually no it's not.  Your statement above is fanboyism especially since they HAVEN'T added those things that the players in the west want yet so long as it's on a drawing board and it's not in game footage video, this game will always only have the ten year old single questline style and the grindfest as the options for progression.  Just because you like this ten year old style of play doesn't mean "everyone will like the same thing."  Oh and saying a game is great and that anyone with a ten year old brain can tell isn't the same as saying the game is perfect, or a wow killer, or the second coming of jebus crisp. get over your hatred for GW2 and players who compare TERA to GW2.

[snipit]

Thats call fanboyism, not everyone will like the same thing. Just like i fcking hate skyrim but other love it. So no not any 10 year old with a computer will tell you how great GW2 is.

"there are literally limitless possibilities to the progression and future of TERA. "

"I have to agree there, thats what i feel too if BH want to add things they can coz their core is so good. I litteraly the things the game is missing are add on."

Uh actually no it's not.  Your statement above is fanboyism especially since they HAVEN'T added those things that the players in the west want yet so long as it's on a drawing board and it's not in game footage video, this game will always only have the ten year old single questline style and the grindfest as the options for progression.  Just because you like this ten year old style of play doesn't mean "everyone will like the same thing."  Oh and saying a game is great and that anyone with a ten year old brain can tell isn't the same as saying the game is perfect, or a wow killer, or the second coming of jebus crisp. get over your hatred for GW2 and players who compare TERA to GW2.

ummm never said everyone like the quest in tera, there people like me who don't give a damn and people who like it and there people who don't like it. And what you said is basically anyone with the ability to get on the interenet and play GW2 will say its amazon isn't saying the game is perfect? HELLO? if everyone thinks its amazon it has to be near damn perfect, and if everyone think its great than it would kill WoW because almost WoW player have a better brain than a 10 year old and they would leave WoW because GW2 is great. Serious you basicaly use a metaphor that stat everyone will love the game and than try to say your not claiming anything?

And ya i believe Tera can add whats missing on it, i BELIEVE, not every 10 years old who see Tera would believe the same thing. I stated my opinion, you assumed everyone else opinion.

I don't hate GW2 i'll probably get it myself, what i hate are GW2 fans like you who think GW2 is something everyone should like and nothing else. and its GW2 people who constantly com here staying how much better GW2 is than Tera, we don't compare them you guys constantly love to.

• Nadya3Nadya3 Member Posts: 348

Originally posted by Xasapis

For Europe:

https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=27286

TERA has a good combat system i'll admit but i really don't see the appeal of the killtenrats or the end game rat race or the endless gear treadmill. Those things are old and should be shunned by everyone here.

I'd challenge you to name an mmorpg that isn't like this. A released one, developers can claim whatever during development circle. Only one I can think of is A tale in the desert (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Tale_in_the_Desert)

you just proved my point, what mmo isn't like this thats in release right now. That's my whole statement in a nutshell, take this out and put in a real quest system, something that doesn't require a ratrace to the endgame, gear treadmill, or a quest system where you have to run back to a town to turn in a quest that has been completed and this would be as exciting as other titles soon to be out this year. Hell even Wars public quest system would be better then this ten plus old system of advancement, and what you should be doing as a player and consumer is demanding that these companies release something better because it's high time for a change instead of complaining that other players who are more informed consumers are pointing these things out.

wow has this same, exact quest system you seem to hate so much.  and guess what sugar pie?  it is the king of the MMO right now, and im afraid it will be for a very long time.

ofcourse i would love a Swtor quest system with lovely voice overs for tera!   but i rather they keep it the way it is right now,  that way i dont end up canceling my subcription a month later,  out of boredom.   

Wow and Tera both use a similar  approach to the quest system.  (a means to an end).   

questing, public quests, dynamic events   are not enough to keep a MMO fun.     Rift has them, warhammer did as well.   and believe me,  that all gets old very fast.

welcome to the world of MMO.