Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Still repetetive?

v1nsaiv1nsai Member Posts: 1

I played this game for a few years ago and thought it was pretty amazing....until I finished creating my character and got to the actual game.  It was really repetetive from the get-go, which I get but I made it to level 18 or so before I got tired of fighting mutants/terrorists/monsters in the office/sewers/streets.  

Is the game a little more multi-dimensional now?  I would love to come back I thought it was such a cool idea that just fell short.

Comments

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

When things go free to play, they tend to not become less grindy, on the other hand you can get farmed in AE from 1-50 in less than a day. Then again 50 isn't any less boring considering its alignment dailies and ticket farming for money.

• TwistingfateTwistingfate Member Posts: 177

Sounds just as horrible as when i played xD. cool concept but couldnt keep me interested sadly :(

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

Wait, what? There are like 30 different groups of enemies (at least) in the game. Probably the most variety I've ever seen.

Yeah, you have a limited number of maps - office, warehouse, sewers, caves. But that's still more than most other games, which have dungeons, dungeons, caves, and more dungeons.

I will say that it really doesn't feel like a superhero game. More like a cyberpunk game or something (Shadowrun, really), with all the different gangs and basically no super villains

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

I felt the same way about COH after trying it twice over two different occasions. I gave the game another try again a few weeks ago, and I'm really enjoying it now.

It does get more interesting once you get higher level. Your powersets fill out with more interesting abilities, and the enemies you face also get more challenging as they also get a wider array of abilities. It also helps now that there are two new trials that behave more like dungeons in other MMOs, with completion bonuses in the form of buffs, which are fairly popular in the new LFG tool.

Really, I've found that it comes down to playing around with character ideas and powerset combinations to find the right combination that matches your playstyle. It also makes things a lot more fun when you actually group up with people, particularly if you're playing a controller or defender archetype.