Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I think Bioware just proved something...

12346»

Comments

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by Superduper69

Originally posted by fenistil

Originally posted by Superduper69

Originally posted by Bunks

boycott EA

I can't help but laugh out loud whenever someone uses the word 'boycott' on internet. Since people who boycott games are usually the first one to buy it and play it. Anyone remember that boycotting of Left 4 dead? lol..yeah sure..buddy i am boycotting EA right now.

lol!!

Since you know everything. 

Can you tell me what will be next lottery numbers pls?

I have no idea from where you got the idea that i know everything? i am talking from my own experince as i got suckered into boycotting Valve and COD once..been there done that. I know how these boycotts end.

How do you get "suckered" into boycotting something?  Either something bothers you enough to not want to support it or it doesn't.  What the herd is doing should be irrelevant.

Don't boycott anything to effect change.  Do it for your own piece of mind.  Yeah, sometimes that means you get left out in the cold but so what?  Your principles are intact.  Besides, no developer or publisher has a monopoly (yet, and not for lack of trying).  You still have other gaming avenues you can take that won't be giving money to people that you may dislike or outright loathe.

• agriffin85agriffin85 Member Posts: 64

I've been a massive supporter for the game since 2010.  I was really excited about the game and the pomises that were coming from Bioware.

I finally got the play the game and I was totally enthralled.  Never before have I had so much fun with an MMO.  Never before have I been so immersed into a MMO character.  The game was pure bliss.

and then....

I hit 50.  

My SWTOR account is now canceled, nuff said.

Awesome single player game but a terrible MMO in it's current state.  The morale of the story is that not every person disapointed in the game is a troll.  There are many valid problems with SWTOR (mostly involving the fact that there is nothing to do at 50, especially if you are a PvPer) and you are totally blind if you say otherwise. 

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

Originally posted by Arakazi

All this has confirmed to me is my suspicion that publicly traded companies are bad for creative industries.

Absolutely, concentrated corporations and the pressure of the stock market isnt reallly helpfull.

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363

Originally posted by Painlezz

It took me 2 nights to beat ME3 and I have a real full time job...  And I did a good deal of the side content. 

You could easy zoom through this 8 hours if you ignored most of the extras.

And yes, the day one DLC 10 dollar bull$hit did piss me off... BUUUT, not all of us had to pay for it *wink* *wink*

And if you did that, you will "beat" the game, but (minor spoiler) Earth will be destroyed, and Shepherd and the entire crew killed.

If you are playing any Bioware game just to breeze through it, you are doing it wrong.

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953

lol 6 days later and this thread is brought back from the dead eh? Who really cares at this point, if you don't like it move on, if you do , talk about it. Simple really , I don't get all the negative to those that don't like it , why keep at it? Oh nm... trolling. forgot.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• qombiqombi Member UncommonPosts: 1,170

Originally posted by Meerkat93

Originally posted by Bunks

boycott EA

Concidering ME3 already sold over a million copies, and the fact that EA Controls the FIFA, MADDEN and NHL games. I don't think a boycott would work at all.

Why is it always the people that just joined the site always defending greedy behavior? Not accusing but looks very much like a paid person to reduce the concern over this corporate greed.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Originally posted by chaintm

lol 6 days later and this thread is brought back from the dead eh? Who really cares at this point, if you don't like it move on, if you do , talk about it. Simple really , I don't get all the negative to those that don't like it , why keep at it? Oh nm... trolling. forgot.

Nah thats not how forums work.  Not in ancient Rome, and not today on the net. 

If you dont like a game you talk about why.  If you do like it you talk about why.  Simple really. 

• qombiqombi Member UncommonPosts: 1,170

Originally posted by eddieg50

the same people who hate this are the same ones who hate SWTOR, they have no patience for story or cut scenes or voice overs, they skip over everything and then say " hey what happened the game was'nt very long"

Watching a movie isn't gaming. If you cut out the movies and there isn't much game, THEN something is wrong.

• antonatsisantonatsis Member Posts: 109

well iam a huge fan of ME series...and iam a bit dissapointed from BIOWARE.Havent finished the game yet but i have read about it from sources that know what they are saying(dont have problems with spoilers,iam more of the "journey"guy)and from what i have seen...its just greed at its finest. 

lets start with the problems

RANT ON :P

1)Day one DLC:I know it doest add much and it doesnt matter,since iam playing in a friends pc he has him BUT i dont like that he is a Prothean.If the character was someone else it wouldnt matter BUT they added the one thing in the entire franchise that could sell tons of DLCs.

2)The Rowling aproach to characters -====SPOILES-SPOILERS-SPOILERS===- whats up with killing characters...if you resort to killing characters just for the sake of killing them...its bad.

3)The stupidiest cliche ending ever...seriously

4)the points that you must gather in order to see the best ending....you can do it on the single player...so either go and play Multiplayer with people that buy weapons from BEST BUY or what ever they sell them or go buy the DLC to have enought points to see the end.

5)Talis face.....seriously they put some random image from google as the face of the most important female character it their  game...the character taht themselves said they didnt knew how to aproach....they didnt even changed almost anything....they added 4 black lines in the face.....

6)The entire background in the ending scenes...FROM F@CKING DEVIANT ART....THEY CHARGE 60e FOR A GAME THAT USES ASSETS FROM GOOGLE PUBLIC IMAGES AND DEVIANT ART.WE ARE TALKING ABOUT FREAKING BIOWARE HERE...THE MAKES OF BALDURS GANE AND ME....THEY MADE A GAME WORLD EQUIVALENT OF STAR WARS AND THEY RESORT IN DEVIANT ART FOR ASSES.....(sorry for the caps the thing with tali and the one from deviant art for me is the worst)

Overall...what i see here and iam not liking is the path BIOWARE is heading...this guys a few years back wouldnt even do one tenth of what htey do ttodays in terms of how they respond and treat their player base...If there were 2 companies in the gaming world that their name would mean QUALITY it was BIOWARE and BETHESDA and gues what is happening now...BIOWARE is turning into another BLIZZARD,i can understand wanting to make money...hell they made a lot of money over the years by giving quality and respect to the playerbase...but now they just give FREAKING DEVIANT ART PICTURES and GOOGLE PUBLIC IMAGES to games...ME3 will probably be one of the best games of the year(OBVIOUSLY NOT EVEN CLOSE TO SKYRIM)But poeples problem is with the company not the game....with ME3 we see the destruction of a great company....ofcourse they will keep making games...of course those games will be decent and good or even great who knows...but the cost for those games will be straight out lies to the player base and milking their money with things that 2 years ago would be despicable to do.

Also to the people that say that we rant for nothing...well its an opinion...if PC gaming vanish tommorow my life wont end,but i have an opinion and i can say it,just as people that blidly defend every greedy choise a company makes...i just hope you like what the gaming industry is turning into...iam not willing to give my money to BIOWARE anymore(and this is from a guy that have bought baldurs gate series 3 freaking times )

Ill keep my money for companies like BETHESDA(i know they arent perfect but they are better than BIOWARE AT THIS POINT)and even if worst come to wrost...there will always be small studios that make good 1 or 2 good games before some huge company buys them over and canibalize them.There will always be something else to do but its sad to see companies like BIOWARE go down that road.

RANT OFF :P