It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Originally posted by Maarius offtopic: Are the PvP armorsets available in PvE too?
The ones you gain in WvWvW: Yes. The ones you gain in Structured PvP: Maybe their skins but not their stats.
yes I'm talking about the look of the PvP armorsets from structured PvP, since we got a list from a recent video (PvP armorset available from a PvP vendor). I know about the stats.
A lot of these armorsets seem to have names which would fit PvE armorsets.
(e.g. Nightmarecourt, Orrian, Kodan, Vigil, Priory,...)
Originally posted by grimm6th by endurance, I assume you mean toughness. No amount of numbercrunching will truly convince people that they won't be able to play trinity builds in GW2. The only thing for that is to have lots of people play the game...
Thanks for the correction.
I am at least hoping for some general numbers to counter some of the outlandish imaginary ones currently being taken seriously in a couple discussions. (Like you can boost your healing 500%... yeah right.)
What are the odds of Arenanet adding in the ability for a Thief to sneak into a keep or castle like rogues had in DAOC?
Eventually will there be an addition of Ranks added to the WvW?
Will the AI be improved for the rangers pet?
Thirding emacaco's question! It looks to me like the new attribute system is the same as the old melee-ranged-magic attribute system they threw out!
A few specifics:
1. Will Alpha Strike(ranger elite skill) still be in the game at all?
2. Mounts were said to not be in the game at release but a developer said they were a possibility for the future, any update on this.?
3. Will there ever be any sky gameplay, whether through mounts of a preprogrammed battleship dungeon. Something along those lines.?
4. Will the cash shop be ready on launch day? if so will character slots be available to create every profession on day 1?
5. What will be able to do with guild emblems?
6. Out of the concept weapon sets we've seen, are there any that you could tell us will have made it into the game?
Originally posted by Swizzy7 What are the odds of Arenanet adding in the ability for a Thief to sneak into a keep or castle like rogues had in DAOC? and Eventually will there be an addition of Ranks added to the WvW?
I can answer both of these.
They wont add an ability for thiefs to sneak into keeps or castle because they dont want one class to be more needed than another one, if they add a way to sneak in castles it will be for anyone to be able to do it.
If you mean ranks for servers then yes there will be. If you mean ranks for individual people i highly doubt it since your always suposed to be facing faceless enemies, at best there will be a guild ranking since those are visible in the wars.
Any plans for player to player trading beyond the mail system? It's kind of weird to have to "mail" equipment to a group mate standing right next to you.
My question is pretty important.
will there be a free trial when the game launches?
I can understand how you guys felt 4 primary attributes alone were not interesting enough, and decided to add some flavor with secondary attributes. However, 10 attributes as it stands now seem just a bit too much to keep track of when customizing your character, IMHO.
Any chance of finding a happy balance and settling down with 5~8 attributes system? Prowess and Expertise could be merged with Precision and Malice, respectively, for example.
1. Is there any information about how international connections to the servers (e.g. from Australia/New Zealand) will affect the active gameplay (i.e. ping vs dodging/etc)? Or any plans to provide a local server?
2. Is it possible to use Modifier Keys when setting up keymaps (e.g. 1 = activate first skill, CTRL-1 = activate heal skill, ALT-1 = use F1 class ability, etc)?
3. Is there any mechanism for safe item trades (i.e. swap a sword for a bow with someone, with both needing to approve/submit the item for the swap before the items are traded)? So far, we've seen mail (one way with no CoD - supports "gift" trades only, not safe for mutual swaps) and marketplace (sell/buy for in-game gold), but nothing for item-for-item trades. If not - why?
Will there be traits that help executing a downed player faster or on range?It seems too difficult to finish someone off if you are outnumbered.
Originally posted by deathangell Sense every profession has the ability to heal is it safe to assume that there wil not be a profession that has a Mortal strike or heal reduction ability. Also as far as leveling is concerned if i focus completely on the pvp leveling aspect of the game what will be the draw back (IE: what will i be missing out on) as far as gear unlocking of abilitys skills and so forth. Also if i focus on pve and dont do pvp what will be the draw backs. Is PvE leveling going to be Faster then PvP leveling; meaning will the xp of me killing someone even out to maybe 2-3 mobs in PvE or dynamic content.
Every poison ability is a 33% "Mortal Strike"
Wow, so many questions which have nothing to do with professions or traits... Oo
guys, did you read what the q&a is all about? Did you get that Jon Peters answers these questions? He doesn't know most of these things, he knows everything about the fightingsystem though. (as seen in previous Interviews with Jon Peters).
With Traits in mind,
1) Will the respec cost increase the more you respec (if so will there be a cap?), will it scale as you level, or will not change at all?
2) With lots of people a little upset about inability to change their build(s) anywhere and anytime, would a dual spec or multiple builds be available, whether purchasable by cash shop (Example: spend 5 bucks and every character on the account gets an additional trait build) or expensive in-game purchase (E: spend like 100 gold to get an additional trait build on that character)?
3) While playing and testing the new trait build, does it allow any player to spec heavily into either damage, control, or support, enough so that it could potentially still bring back the "Holy Trinity"?
1) Are additional weapon types possibly being added before release or (hopefully) after release?
(PS. I think Crossbows would be great, considering it is the technology that links between pistols/rifles and bows. Also Polearms would be great as well.)
2) Why were Great Axes left out of the weapon types? (With Great swords and WarHammers you would think to add that.)
3) What is your least favorite class/race and why?
Originally posted by bcbwnews With Traits in mind, 1) Will the respec cost increase the more you respec (if so will there be a cap?), will it scale as you level, or will not change at all? 2) With lots of people a little upset about inability to change their build(s) anywhere and anytime, would a dual spec or multiple builds be available, whether purchasable by cash shop (Example: spend 5 bucks and every character on the account gets an additional trait build) or expensive in-game purchase (E: spend like 100 gold to get an additional trait build on that character)? 3) While playing and testing the new trait build, does it allow any player to spec heavily into either damage, control, or support, enough so that it could potentially still bring back the "Holy Trinity"?
@ holy trinity:
take a look at this recent post by Eric Flannum:
"Players could make a build that resembles the trinity but it could never truly be the trinity. You cannot for example make a dedicated healer no matter how much you pump into your support trait lines. When you start getting to tougher encounters no matter how much armor and health you have you will never be able to stand toe to toe for long against most of the foes you’ll face. Because of this even a 5 person group that has 3 dps focused characters, a support focused character, and a damage soaking character (which is a standard trinity setup) will not play anything like a standard trinity group. If those players insisted on playing like a standard trinity group they could succeed against the easier content in the game but probably couldn’t finish a story mode dungeon let alone an explorable dungeon or some of the tougher events in the game." Eric Flannum
Poison condition reduces healing by 33% as well as provides a DOT.
1. Will there ever be plans to implement dueling?
2. Can you tell us about some of the minigames in Guild Wars 2?
3. How difficult will the hardest dynamic events outside of dungeons be? Will everything be doable easily in a PUG or will some events require at least some players to be organized?
4. How long does it take to reach max level? How long does it take to unlock all the skills?
5. Can you tell us anything about what we'll see in the cash shop? (Longshot, probably won't get anything useful out of this)
6. Will there be a collector's edition?
Raptr link because it's the cool new trend:
15.) Do we have to buy/unlock major traits at trait-vendors or are all of them unlocked from the start? If yes: can you buy each of the traits at each traitvendor or do we have to find the vendors in order to buy specific traits?
16.) Can you tell us some "Acrobatics" traits (major and minor) from the thief-traitbuilder? We don't know any of them yet.
17.) the same with "Nature Magic" for the Ranger. A few major/minor trait examples would be nice.
Originally posted by Magnum2103 Few questions: 6. Will there be a collector's edition?
@questions: not very profession/trait related...
@6: yes: http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/guild-wars-2-interview-confirms-collectors-edition-website/
About WvW - since it will be 24/7, will there be any protection for low online hours for captured objects?
Most active online time is ~18:00-24:00, most guilds will play at this time. Could it happen, that after hard fights, guild captures keep and goes to sleep @24:00, than @01:00 some hardcore guild appears, fastly recaptures object and recieves scores from it for the next 18+ hours?
Is stealth becoming the new focus for the thief (the addition of in-stealth skills, Shadow Arts trait-line being almost completely stealth-based, additional superb stealth-related traits in other lines, ...)?
i do hope ncsoft stream in HD (1080i or p)1920x1080x32bit
why?because when you stream in real environement with people around etc it uncover problem you could never find in beta testing.how often a lot of game maker have had issue with this!
by showing us this in 1080 hd they will aleviate a lot of gamer concern!(since most people love to stream nowadays)
OH!IT WONT BE A MODERATED IRC ON TWITCH ,WITH SAY 1 POST PER MINUTE or whatever ncsoft or mmorpg come up with?dam now that is useless!oh well at least they ll stream tha game!
Hello Anet team. Are you happy with thiefs steal mechanic? Can we expect some improvements with this skill to be more useful or usable more often?
Thx I guess i missed that.