Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: New Trailer with New Game Footage

Comments

• TrolanderTrolander Member Posts: 33

I kind of feel bad for people who don't like Facebook and appreciate the whole old times forums approach to getting information. I feel bad because I empathize their feelings, but at the same time I sympathize with ArenaNet's approach to media. In today's society, social media networks are one of the fastest ways to spread information because we are in the Web 2.0 era-- an era where people consume media and then basically "spit it back up" and produce media and give it out to social media networks; it's a never ending process of perceptualized media production, consumption, and re-distribution. I agree that ArenaNet should definitely take a multi-dimensional approach when it comes to spreading their information, but I also feel that their approach to focusing on social media networks such as Facebook is also a smart choice.

On another note, the video itself was kind of dull in content (for the second half), but I enjoyed the fact the Colin chose to thank everyone that applied for beta! :)

• GeezerGaz82GeezerGaz82 Member UncommonPosts: 65

I found it funny that you have to like it on facebook before you can see a promotional video for it haha.  It's like saying "tell everyone you know this is a great product before we show you what it looks like."

On principle, I'm not clicking like and they can shove their trailer haha

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

Since all this does it promote the GW2 facebook page, let's promote an actual GW2 social network: http://www.gw2hq.com

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

I finally figured out why Colin gives me the creeps. His eyes look like they're on upside down!

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726

I don't belong to facebook for a reason.  Why are they promoting that garbage?

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

I don't care how much I like a game or the company making it, I'm not going to be enticed to sign up for that gawd awful facebook crap.

I agree with one of the above posters about too many particles.  The combat videos I've seen so far give me a headache with all of the flashes and bangs.  I can hardly see what the hell is going on through all of the over emphasized special effects.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

a nice short teaser.,.wish they showed more... But, Anet, you can make up for it by inviting me to beta :3

• eric_w66eric_w66 Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

Is it slo-mo'd for dramatic effect or is it just the computer crawling in the dirt from the workload? Always have to wonder in these videos...

And yes, Facebook can go to ****. Won't sign up, won't lower my IQ so I can share my life with people who .... already share my lfie just for a few more advertising bucks for Zuckerberg or whatever his name is.

• KwintpodKwintpod Member Posts: 262

Let's not make a big fuss about 30 seconds of gameplay.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by Petzen
    http://youtu.be/wma0ocyA7eY  <-- Working link

Thx for link.

Was short and not realy worth the look he say exact word in email and video is 40sec that already was shown in beta footage on youtube.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Originally posted by eric_w66

Is it slo-mo'd for dramatic effect or is it just the computer crawling in the dirt from the workload? Always have to wonder in these videos...

Those videos came from Anet, I promise you that if anyone has a computer that could run the game flawlessly, its the people who made the game.

The slowing down is a consistant pace noticeable because its a slow-mo of a recorded video instead of slowed down animation within the game. If the animation were slowed it would have been more fluid, as there wouldn't be any frames missing, as opposed to slowing down a recorded video where frames are stretched out and can add that slightly choppy effect you're seeing.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

I like facebook, but I find this a little bit odd.

"As a thanks for signing up we give you something! You just have to do something for us first"

• KaezKaez Member Posts: 80
    Lol so I need a facebook account to watch the video?? ROFL yeah...
  • MyPreciousssMyPreciousss Member Posts: 427

Originally posted by Unlight

I like ArenaNet.  I have a lot of respect for them as company, for they way they conduct their business and the quality of the product they create.  But the f***ing social media push irritates the hell out of me.  I signed up for beta.  The video is supposed to be a little bit of a 'thank you' for doing so, but only for Facers, of which I'm not, nor ever will be.

The only thanks I have for this is to the kind person who re-posted it on YouTube (and also to the user who linked it here), for all of us untouchables that refuse to become one with the social media hive mind.

Thanks guys.  It's much appreciated.

Completely agree with you.

• clankyaspclankyasp Member Posts: 213

the video isnt that good.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Originally posted by bronecar

This facebook thing is really lame.

More and more companies lean toward these social networks.

And then have piss-poor community options/events built into their game.  Usually none in most recent MMOs.  Can't really say for sure with GW2 yet, but I sure hope ANet doesn't abandon community like everyone else has been...

• tegweientegweien Member UncommonPosts: 18

Originally posted by MyPreciousss

I like ArenaNet.  I have a lot of respect for them as company, for they way they conduct their business and the quality of the product they create.  But the f***ing social media push irritates the hell out of me.  I signed up for beta.  The video is supposed to be a little bit of a 'thank you' for doing so, but only for Facers, of which I'm not, nor ever will be.

The only thanks I have for this is to the kind person who re-posted it on YouTube (and also to the user who linked it here), for all of us untouchables that refuse to become one with the social media hive mind.

http://static.ncsoft.com/media/gw2/facebook-thank-you-extended-cut.mp4

• acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878

Originally posted by tegweien

Originally posted by MyPreciousss

http://static.ncsoft.com/media/gw2/facebook-thank-you-extended-cut.mp4

Well said, and thankyou for the link.

• HawksterHawkster Member UncommonPosts: 57

Interesting....I signed up for the beta and did not receive the message (and yes, I did receive the "thanks for signing up for the beta" message, and have checked my junk mail folder).

As for Facebook....oh hell no. 

C'mon ANet......not everybody has been sucked into the Facebook black hole.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    I'm not sure what to make of the video...you're welcome, ArenaNet?
    I was underwhelmed and not to mention I avoid FB like the plague...thanks to the person who posted the YT one. Waiting for it to get taken down :-

Happy to see Colin is a fellow squinty eyes ^^
  • EmrendilEmrendil Member Posts: 199
  • stealthbrstealthbr Member UncommonPosts: 1,054

Not the best teaser, I would have to say. Quite.. underwhelming.

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

Your're welcome, Arena.net.  Now, please invite me to the Beta!

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• PyreSpiritPyreSpirit Member Posts: 58

This kind of thing annoys me. "As a 'thank you' for showing interest in our product we'll give you this video... if and only if you push up our ratings more!"

I do not use facebook, I will never use facebook, and a company claiming that a 'thank you' to their fans is something inextricably linked to facebook bothers me.

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053
    So, we have to create a Facebook account, to view the game footage..? Isn't that so apt for the puppy love generation..

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon