Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Now that I have a better computer?

ttomm46ttomm46 Member UncommonPosts: 446

Hi

I'm an over 60 gamer..I have a new computer with a really pretty good on board graphics card...so i can play about any MMO......

I used to play wow.....Tried LOTR again yesterday but killing 30 wolves and 20 rats desn't keep my interes anymore..I don't know if it's old age but i want something that will actually have depth and appeal to adults..I'll take any suggestions..Fedx quests get old for me..

Tom

Comments

• ttomm46ttomm46 Member UncommonPosts: 446

Originally posted by Aori

Honestly there isn't much to be had right now in the realm of MMOs, sounds like you need a good ol RPG.

I'm also playing Dragon Age Origins..lol

• OligarhOligarh Member Posts: 48

Believe me, it has nothing to do with your age. Hell, i'm 16 and every time i play an MMO, i think, why am i playing this? It's not even fun anymore. I recommend you single player games. Try Skyrim, it will keep you entertained for at least 30 hours, many people play it for hundreds of hours, but i think Skyrim is pretty fun for about that much.

If you like strategy games, you might want to check Starcraft 2 out. People constantly develop mods for it, so it isn't only the classic RTS, but it can have tower defense mods, dota mods. By the way, you might want to check League of Legends out, it's a good MOBA (Dota style game). You could also try games like GTA, Saints row 3 (i had a lot of fun with this game).

What i do when i don't have anything to play, is go to the steam website, look at the top games, and go to some torrent website to download the game.

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789

In my opinion there are no quality mmorpg's out there.

Try a Bethesda (Obsidian) RPG like Fallout: Nev Vegas or Skyrim. Quests are more then go kill 5 rats or take this to that guy, quite refreshing!

And those games feel more like a world then any mmorpg these days.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Try EvE, a lot of depth and a mature crowd of players ( they will scam and blow you up though)

Originally posted by thekid1

Try a Bethesda (Obsidian) RPG like Fallout: Nev Vegas or Skyrim. Quests are more then go kill 5 rats or take this to that guy, quite refreshing!

I was wondering about new vegas because i got fallout 3 and get some freezing due to the fact that Win 7 isn't supported but new vegas does support win 7..do I need to plkay pallout 3 first or is new vegas good without finishing the previous game?

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

If you're into sandboxy type games with in-depth crafting, keep your eyes on ArcheAge and The Repopulation. Those two titles especially hold promise for those of us looking for more substance.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Find a game that suits your interest or catches your eye, and try it.  Dont listen to what the trolls suggest you play, no one knows better then yourself.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• ThanesThanes Member Posts: 182

Originally posted by ttomm46

I was wondering about new vegas because i got fallout 3 and get some freezing due to the fact that Win 7 isn't supported but new vegas does support win 7..do I need to plkay pallout 3 first or is new vegas good without finishing the previous game?

Its fine without finishing FO3.  They're two different stories.  I think FO,NV has been packaged with its expansions recently too.  IMO, its better than FO3, more in line with FO2.

Thanks for all the great help guys!!!!!

I know Dragon Age sure has a tough battle I keep losng at but that's another story....

I'm trying Rift but meh so far may get better.....

Like Thanes said it is a completely different story and not linked at all. There may be some references here and there but that's it. I like NV better then 3; it has better aiming and the world is more open. No more stupid metro corridor system like in 3.

I liked the atmosphere better though in 3, it was more apocalyptic. NV has a more western desert prarie theme and no big city gone to hell like 3 had.

Like Thanes said it is a completely different story and not linked at all. There may be some references here and there but that's it. I like NV better then 3; it has better aiming and the world is more open. No more stupid metro corridor system like in 3.

I liked the atmosphere better though in 3, it was more apocalyptic. NV has a more western desert prarie theme and no big city gone to hell like 3 had.

I know 3 has is really depressing looking ....I hate wondering all over the first city I hit with actual people..........I'm using a user fix to run the game but things like zooming and an occasional freeze are still there only maybe after an hour or two instead of 10 minutes like before

I know 3 has is really depressing looking ....I hate wondering all over the first city I hit with actual people..........I'm using a user fix to run the game but things like zooming and an occasional freeze are still there only maybe after an hour or two instead of 10 minutes like before

Just go play Fallout: NV. Is has all the good t hings from 3 plus some stuff is just plain better.

See 3 as a rehearsal and NV the actual performance.

I will get New Vegas!!

• Originally posted by ttomm46

New Vegas worked fine on win 7 for me (with ATI graphics card).  Its a new game completely separate from fallout 3.  You start over as a completely different person; a courier that gets done dirty.

Also New Vegas was made by the people who made fallout 1&2 (mostly).

I like that.....Looking right now to see where i can buy