Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Bane of EA

Comments

• ApraxisApraxis Member UncommonPosts: 1,518

Originally posted by Elikal

Dont forget Westwood(C&C, Eye of the Beholder), Bullfrog(Populos) and all the other fantasitc game developer studios bought and destroyed from EA.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by fenistil

@Ghost12

"Okay. There are some points I agree with you here. No companion armor, and the item descriptions were severely lacking. I didnt like the smilies either on the wheel.

But these are ultimately nitpicks. I thoroughly enjoyed playing DA2. DA2 had alot of action and story combined together, and they worked out a nice rythmn to it, much like their past games

I suggest you take a step back and re evaluate your stance. DA2, DAO, BG, KOTOR 1 + 2, they are all extremely similar. You're looking at BG series through rose colored glasses and dont realize that BG is nearly the same as the DAO series. The biggest difference between all these games is DA2's combat system and the graphics. Thats it."

First of all I don't agree with your rejecting of some of my points. For ME choosing my race mattered alot. Removal of having to care and think about your company condition (health,mana, how many spells you have left before you have to rest to regain them - they all regenerating instantly now after fight) , simplyfying character build - much less skills avabile , like there were short swords, long swords, two handed swords, bastard swords ,etc - now it is all melted and simplified. 

Removal of non-combat things such as herbalism , trap-making, lockpicking (now just melted with cunning and what if I don't want cunning?) ,etc 

Then - spawning enemies from air LITERALLY , or they just appear.

Obvious traps & ambushes and clearly overused. Seriously all BW games are combat heavy but DA:O had bit too much and DA2 have ridiculosely too much pointless filler time combat.

For dialogues. "Quality over quantity"  <-- huh?  For me they have worse quality AND quantity. 

Don't care about voice acting personally. If having better more in-depth dialogues with more dialogue options mean text dialogues - then I am all for it and for me it will be better quality as well.  Voice overs does not raise quality by themself for me. It is just another  way to deliver dialogue to player.  

All those coupled with bland, lifeless Kirkwall and whole game world , <-- this matter alot for me , ruined immersion alot. 

Combat system - already said that I prefer BG combat system than DA2 system.

For you nitpicking for me it is not.  Lof of small things combined = huge thing that decide if game is good or not.

You may not agree and you clearly value diffrent things in a game. That's ok. Glad that it work for you.

For me and many others it does not.  Seriously you will have to live with that. And that me and those people are not just trolling but have their own reasons. 

You may have opinion that those reasons are not valid. That still will just be an opinion.

Thanks, I agree with your observations - and kinda spared me going into details about the recent BW games. ^^

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

Originally posted by Ghost12

SWTOR and Bioware's single player games are leagues away from each other in quality. I hope some of you could recognize that.

Oh, MANY of us have recognized how EAware games are leagues away from others in quality. It's why ToR has people begging for server merges and DA2/ME3 have been destroyed in ratings by customers.

the thing is it doesn't matter when SWTOR has almost 2 mil. paying players and ME3 sold almost 900k copies in 24 hours. I bet most of people bitching about Bioware are still buying it's products. It's the same with Blizzard.

• Fir3lineFir3line Member Posts: 767
    bought FIFA 2001, never bought another EA game, more ppl like me should exist

"I am not a robot. I am a unicorn."

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Originally posted by Ravenspen

while(horse==dead)

{

beat();

}

I get that this is supposed to be the quote "beat a dead horse", but wouldn't this result in an infinite loop.  In general horses never stop being dead once they reach that state of being. 

BTW, totally cute all the same

That's kinda the point. Beating a dead horse is a never ending event with a lot of the people who post here hence why there is no exit condition. Ok back to the topic. image

Edit: Oh and thanks... I think it's cute too! image

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Mass effect 3 do not sucked but the ending was really bad as if it was the last thought and something done while EA barks at their necks to release the game

inb4 "happy endings sucks" im not saying that because I loathe the death of shepard or whatever, but because it is simply blank, no explanation of what happens next, what happened to the fleet, to the crew you made bounds with, to the civilizations in a technological blackout, nothing

Not to mention the incoherencies that the ending and the game have (like no mention at all that anderson had been a councillor, or how the guy that got disintegrated by harbinger ray on earth ended up in a fleeing normandy)

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• Coltaine00Coltaine00 Member Posts: 52

To the OP:

The most amusing thing about this is that not only has EA decided to continue making poor decisions with their recently purchased companies - they've amplified it significantly over the years.

For example with Origin - with Ultima Online in particular Origin was given a fairly free hand in terms of development - until Everquest passed them in sub numbers - by that time they were in full reaction mode.  They recognized that this was a cash cow waiting to happen and decided to create "UOR" - basically dividing the lands of Trammel / Fel.  Their subscription base was still growing organically, but decided this change was needed to compete with EQ.

Then came the ultimate disaster - Pub 16 (+20 powerscrolls) and Age of Shadows (item based combat).  In another desperate attempt to "keep up with the EQ", they released this debacle to try to increase their sub numbers.  It was so poorly implemented that this event especially started the overall decline of UO.

What is amusing in all this is that they failed to realise that one of the big reasons people left for EQ was graphics / bugs.

To this day EA refuses to release a "classic" shard for UO players.  As such if you want an old UO feel, you are going to play on a player run shard.  Not because it would be a poor business decision, but more likely because of their insane inability to admit that they were wrong.

We see now with SWTOR that their interference has started much earlier - including implementing the mythic staff who have already failed to design and launch PvP sucessfully in other games (WAR) and other live team members.

So in a cruel twist of fate, EA is not only doing the same things to MMOs that have ruined them in the past, they are doing it at a much faster rate.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348

Originally posted by Fir3line

bought FIFA 2001, never bought another EA game, more ppl like me should exist

Was given an EA basketball game as a Christmas present, briefly borrowed a Madden game from a friend, learned my lesson from those, and never did buy any EA game myself.  More people like me should exist.  ;)

Unless you count the time that my SNES died and I got a replacement for it from Ebay.  The seller wanted to get rid of all of his SNES games with it, so I got those, too.  One of them is an EA golf game.  Which I never even tried.

• ThaneSolusThaneSolus Member Posts: 32

Originally posted by Lobotomist

RIP Bioware

We all knew it the moment they were bought by EA.

What you see now is just living dead - zombie company

OH yeah!

Finished ME 3 and i wont buy another EA Bioware game after ME 3 and SWTOR. They are chessy unfinished games dumbed down games for the new generation and mediocre due to that they are made for consoles. Luckly they have 1 gazilionz of voice overs and cutscenes so it looks purty for the casual players.

Cant wait for see Bioware shoved completly by EA, just like they did with Westwood, Origin and other great companies.

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

Originally posted by Moaky07

Dude give it a rest.

Have you completed ME3? Or better yet have you completed ME3 with a save file from both ME1 and ME2? I wuold bet you havent, cause if you did you would realize how sweet a game ME3 is. Haing folks show up in game with knowledge of prior decisions in both games is simply amazing.

That isnt the best part of ME3 either.....the shooter mechanics are better than ME2, and the RPG mechanics are more in line with ME1....not to mention a huge amount of upgrades available for gear ala ME1. Hell they even added alternative lifestyle decisions for those into that sort of thing.

I will be the first to say the last 15 minutes of series sucked, but simply due to not having good closure to series. The rest of my mid 30 hr playthru though was heaven. I havent even touched the MP which some folks appear to really enjoy.

In the future, I would appreciate it if you had a clue before posting about something. Having put roughly 400 to 500 hrs into Me1 and ME2 combined, I think I got a pretty good handle on comparisons of the series. ME3 more than lives up to the precedent set down by ME1/ME2. You may not have enjoyed the series, but there are quite a few of us that have. If you wanna kick EA, I suggest you find some new material.

Have choices and traits go from game to game is nothing new. A little company called Sierra back in the day did it with a game called  Heroes Quest, which they later changed the series name to Quest for Glory Which was far deeper far better told story over the games and how they linked one to the other.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

So DA2, SWTOR and ME3 sucked because EA took over? DA2 was crap because it was part of a boring series. DAO is the most overrated game ever. It was okay at best. I personally didn't like it. So it really cracks me up when people start praising DAO and then hate on DA2. DAO and DA2 were both meh.

I haven't played SWTOR but I don't care about that. SWTOR is an MMO so not really interested.

ME3 is a great game. So far BioWare hasn't disappointed me. 

Carry on with your hate for EA.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

Originally posted by fivoroth

So DA2, SWTOR and ME3 sucked because EA took over? DA2 was crap because it was part of a boring series. DAO is the most overrated game ever. It was okay at best. I personally didn't like it. So it really cracks me up when people start praising DAO and then hate on DA2. DAO and DA2 were both meh.

I haven't played SWTOR but I don't care about that. SWTOR is an MMO so not really interested.

ME3 is a great game. So far BioWare hasn't disappointed me. 

Carry on with your hate for EA.

DAO was definitely meh, but largely due to the bland combat.  I felt like DA2's combat was way more fun.  It wasn't as good as the ME series, but it was fun enough for me to invest the time to beat it (and that's saying a lot.)

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• MckiedizMckiediz Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by Pelu

oh great! another misleading thread about how great the old times used to be...

BINGO!!

It seems like gaming and customers are evolving in a way old timers have a hard time to perceive

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348

Originally posted by Mckiediz

BINGO!!

It seems like gaming and customers are evolving in a way old timers have a hard time to perceive

Nonsense.  It's not a case of "EA used to be a good company and now they're bad".  I'm not sure if EA was a bad company right from the start or not, but they have been an evil company for at least 20 years now.

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

Originally posted by Xthos

Ifs, and buts, and trying to imagine things were different don't change the facts that ME3 isn't worth the recycle value of the box materials, compared to ME2....and TOR is more co-op RPG than MMO, that dilutes the story of a single player, making the way they tried to mesh them mediocre at both.

Aw did BW piss in your Cheerios, and chase off Devs to make games that you would enjoy?

BW sold nearly 900k copies on the first day of ME3 release, and have already shipped over 3.5M copies. I seriously doubt they care if your feelings are hurt, and feel the need to throw insults towards their work. They will sell a ton more games than those imaginary games you wish you were playing.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/09/mass-effect-ships-3-5-million-worldwide-890-000-sold-in-na-swt/ 

Congrats on watching Jersey Housewives and listening to Justin Bieber.

I take your 3.5 million, and up you 110 million!

http://www.gamesradar.com/way-too-many-people-play-farmville/

Just telling the truth, I doubt TOR even makes it as a P2P game as long as SWG did, even with all it's problems.

Yep....Justin Bieber. Which would still be more than you have....something is always greater than nothing. Nothing....the sum of your complaints, and the amount of new games you have to choose from.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• Originally posted by Mckiediz

BINGO!!

EA has been bad for quite some time, dude.

EA was good in the 80s and maybe the first half of the 90s.  They have been bad for over 17 years.  That is longer than some people on these boards have been alive.  This isn't nostalgia.  And its not even a case of hate gone rampent.

EA has become notorious and have been notorious for more than a decade.  As people have said games from 2001 made them go sour on the company.

I personally know 3 people who won't buy EA games.  ANY EA game.  And they have been that way for 5-10 years depending on the person.

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Weird.  Board ate my post...

Originally posted by gestalt11

BINGO!!

EA has been bad for quite some time, dude.

EA was good in the 80s and maybe the first half of the 90s.  They have been bad for over 17 years.  That is longer than some people on these boards have been alive.  This isn't nostalgia.  And its not even a case of hate gone rampent.

EA has become notorious and have been notorious for more than a decade.  As people have said games from 2001 made them go sour on the company.

I personally know 3 people who won't buy EA games.  ANY EA game.  And they have been that way for 5-10 years depending on the person.

I'll only buy their games from teh bargain bin.    Because I know they're not worth full retail.   I know they'll fill their games with bad gaming hidden behind flash and sizzle.    If I'm lucky, I'll get my $15 worth.

• raistlinmraistlinm Member Posts: 673

*Sighs* Man if he is as long winded as his posts tend to be I'd imagine it a chore to actually listen to him talk in RL.  I for one have a hard time not questioning the validity of any grudge against EA or BW by a guy who has ridden a firestorm of hate against EA and BW ever since he realized they weren't making the game he envisioned.

I agree that BW games aren't the same as they used to be but I question how much I want to play a game that followed the exact same paths as Baldurs Gate just with different names.

People plot out BW's gaming history as proof of some supposed consipracy by which they have shifted the focus from fun to making money they mention early games like BG,NWN,JE,KOTR but hardly mention that DAI was developed after EA acquired them and that is roundly viewed as an excellent game.

Every single game a company makes isn't going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread but I don't see people giving Bethesda crap simply because every game they make doesn't measure up to the elder scrolls series give it a rest guys.

Let's just be honest this is nothing more than the "little man" complex rearing it's ugly head which it does with alarming frequency where gaming is concerned.

EA and BW are motivated by the same thing that every other publicly traded company is and that's to make money while providing a product that the consumer will enjoy and come back for.

And while I haven't been blown away by every Bw game EA and Bw can take heart in knowing that I'll continue to play them as long as they continue to try and entertain me with great story telling, high production value and compelling characters.

BINGO!!

Wrong.   We didn't suddenly become stupid or crankish.   Nor is the OP, and most of us, ranting about the game industryin general.  Rather, we have the maturity and insight you lack and we rely on it to note the travesty that is EA.    

So, first thing I noticed is OP isn't say all game companies are bad.  Rather, he's teaching the truth of what EA does to gaming companies.   Simply put, EA destroys everything it touches because it's focus is PROFITS and not games.     They don't understand that if you make good games, the profits will follow.   And if you make games to maximize revenue to costs, you will find you're not going to be successful in the long run.   So, sure, the thrust of his post is that EA has destroyed pretty much every franchise they've touched.  

But nowhere does he say EA has destroyed the industry because that would be plain stupid.  So many games are so much better today than a decade ago.    There are many companies still doing it right. They're making great games. They still carry the torch. And when they make a mistake, they fix it instead of trolling their customers.  The Total War series is better today than when it started.   It's amazing.   Bethesda's games are better today than ever.    Because those companies have a vision of making great games.   And when they make a mistake, like the ending of FO3, they fix it.   Fireaxis is doing a major re-make of Civ V because they missed the mark and the fans were mad.   They didn't praise themselves (like BioWare did for DA2) for making a bad game.  They're fixing it.    CD Projekt RED's Witcher games are better CRPGs than anything BioWare has done in the past six years.   Gothic 3, despite the bugs and tough controls, was a better CRPG story-wise.      And there are plenty of others, right now, doing excellent work on a routine basis.  

But BioWare just follows the EA path described by the OP:  http://tinyurl.com/d76tpny

BioWare: Next Dragon Age Will Draw From Skyrim

Speaking to Wired.com in Manhattan on Tuesday afternoon, BioWare CEO and co-founder Dr. Ray Muzyka said the company has been listening to its fans and learning from the strengths and weaknesses of both Dragon Age II, the latest entry in the popular series, and other games that are on the market today.

“[The next Dragon Age] is gonna have the best of features from the prior Dragon Age games, but it’s also gonna have a lot of things I think players are gonna find compelling from some of the games that are out now that are doing really well with more of an open world feel,” Muzyka said.

“We’re checking [Skyrim] out aggressively. We like it. We’re big admirers of [Bethesda] and the product,” he said. “We think we can do some wonderful things.”

The OP is right.   EA doesn't learn.   EA acquires and destroys.    Ultima was one of the greatest CRPG series in history until EA destroyed it and it's a footnote in CRPG history.    Bullfrog was a great developer at one time.   But when EA bought them, Peter Molyneux left rather than make crap games and that was that.    All that creativity went with him to Lionhead Studios and the Fable series (which Microsoft destroyed after they acquired Lionhead and Molyneux left because he got tired of the BS hype that kept blowing back on him...)

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by Elikal
    For everyone who is an older gamer like me, the development of EA and it's newest "underling" Bioware, looks like the horror of Groundhog Day. It's like what we have seen before from EA. I am talking about SWTOR, Mass Effect III and Dragon Age II here. And what is probably to come.
    Now to you whippersnappers who aren't around long enough, let me tell you a tale of olde. Stay a while a listen.
    America. 1980ies. There was an esteemed and great computer game company. We shall call it, Origin. It's motto was "We create worlds", and everyone who played great games like Crusader, Ultima V, VI and VII or Wing Commander knows that motto was true. It was a small company, which had started in a garage, made by visionaires and gamers. The flagship of Origin was the Ultima RPG series, which to this day set standards in Role Playing Games, whether you know it or not. Ultima was to RPGs what the Bible was to Christianity. Sorta. And undisputed Ultima IV Quest of the Avatar was THE breakthrough in RPG story LONG before Bioware discovered the "moral dilemma story". Ultima VI The False Prophet was THE breakthrough in detailled world design, where literally everything in it could be used. It's follower, Ultima VII was probably the height of the series, and Ultima Underworld was where 3d gaming had it's breakthrough.
    Then Origin was bought by EA. And suddenly the next Ultima, Ultima VIII Pagan, had jump elements like in Super Mario. You can't imagine the shitstorm it caused back then, but it was like the imfamous NGE of Sony's SWG. It was a sacrilege. Why had Origin/EA done that? Well, the reason was, back then a console guy named Super Mario was super succesfull with jumping elements, so EA thought: hey if that makes big bucks, we need jumping in OUR next game too! No matter it doesn't fit or belong into a story driven RPG. It was a disaster. But did EA learn? Of course the promised, we learned from it!
    Some years later, the famous and grand Ultima series was to finish with Ultima IX Ascension. The early screenshots looked like you many know from Baldurs Gate: top down, like all RPGs of that time. But after 2 years, new screenshots surfaced: all in shiny 3d! Now you may say, hey isn't  that great!? It's 3d, better, no? Well, when Ultima IX was launched, 90% of the story arcs begun in previous Ultimas were lost, totally forgotten, the majority of famous and known NPCs of old had vanished without a word, Britannia, the world of Ultima, had mysteriously shrunk in size. In other words, the game was a disaster for every Ultima fan. Most because, they ran out of time, because EA had forced a swap to 3d in mid development. Why? Well, because back then a game called Tomb Raider with Lara Croft had debuted, and suddenly EA felt: hey that made SO many bucks, we need 3d too! No matter if we have to start over from scratch after years, no matter if we need 3d, no matter.

See a pattern?
    Over the years EA bought many creative studios, famous for very succesful game series. Origin, Bullfrog, Westwood, Mythic. And mysteriously they all were in short time destroyed, absorbed because their games began to get worse and worse. Legendary game series were ruined and canned. Too many to name them all. Every time, EA came with a black eye and said: aww, ok NOW we learned our lesson!

Now fast forward 2010. EA buys Bioware, famous for the Baldurs Gate & KOTOR series. And now look how Bioware's games changed over time. DA1 was still halfway a classic. Mass Effect I too. But then came Dragon Age 2, and SWTOR, and now Mass Effect III. And look what these three games have in common. All more streamlined, all less a role playing game, less complex, less a living breathing world with lovely details. And then look what games make the big bucks? War-shooters with tunnel levels.
    EA hasn't learned anything. They still gaze at the "big bucks" and the great success titles and shove that into their existing games, whether it makes sense or not. For us gamers who like complex, detailed games, with rich and immersive worlds, we are as always screwed, because like the opposite of King Midas' hands, every gold EA touches turns into shit. The leopard doesn't change it's spots, and EA didn't learn anything! EA didn't learn anything from it's history, and we are doomed to see history repeated.

Console crowed love DA2-SWTOR and now MASSe3

As long masses buy those games you will not see deep immersive games that are also difficult im affraid.

Im playing old games now becouse almost all new games seems have need for stupid moves i saw only in console games and easy games even hardmodes are not so hard anymore:(

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

SWTOR and Bioware's single player games are leagues away from each other in quality. I hope some of you could recognize that.

Oh, MANY of us have recognized how EAware games are leagues away from others in quality. It's why ToR has people begging for server merges and DA2/ME3 have been destroyed in ratings by customers.

I usually dont defend game developers, but this is an exception, because the amount of ludicrousy sorrounding this issue is overwhelming.

You want bad quality? Pick up a game of Dark and Light when it was released, or AoC when it was released - I saw the forums go down IN FLAMES!!! WAR was a buggy shitty mess, I quit within two weeks of playing that.

You want a bad RPG game? Pick up a game of FF13 and tell me you liked it with a straight face.

You think DA2 is a bad RPG? Why - because they streamlined the gameplay? Guess what, RPG were BEGGING to be cut down. All Bioware did was cut out the fat that didnt contribute to gameplay and fun (inventory management, pause-and-click gameplay) and made the overall experience more enjoyable IMO.

We want innovation!! We want innovation!!! But when a developer cuts down the fat, you call that lazy?

The core of the RPG lies within story, choice, and internalizing your charaxcters and Bioware executes that near flawlessly. To say that DA2 is not an RPG is like stating pizza is not food.

To give ME3 0, 1's 2's is an insult to the genre and another extent, to the community, the same with DA2. Im dusgusted with the scores on metacritic for ME3. Grow up people.

I always thought the statement "Gamer's dont know what they want" was a hunk of BS, but now with these fiasco's with Bioware have me realizing I was completely wrong.

That thoes are bad games doesn't prove the others are NOT.    There's plenty of room in "bad game land" for a lot of bad games...

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Ifs, and buts, and trying to imagine things were different don't change the facts that ME3 isn't worth the recycle value of the box materials, compared to ME2....and TOR is more co-op RPG than MMO, that dilutes the story of a single player, making the way they tried to mesh them mediocre at both.

Aw did BW piss in your Cheerios, and chase off Devs to make games that you would enjoy?

BW sold nearly 900k copies on the first day of ME3 release, and have already shipped over 3.5M copies. I seriously doubt they care if your feelings are hurt, and feel the need to throw insults towards their work. They will sell a ton more games than those imaginary games you wish you were playing.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/09/mass-effect-ships-3-5-million-worldwide-890-000-sold-in-na-swt/ 

Congrats on watching Jersey Housewives and listening to Justin Bieber.

I take your 3.5 million, and up you 110 million!

http://www.gamesradar.com/way-too-many-people-play-farmville/

Just telling the truth, I doubt TOR even makes it as a P2P game as long as SWG did, even with all it's problems.

Yep....Justin Bieber. Which would still be more than you have....something is always greater than nothing. Nothing....the sum of your complaints, and the amount of new games you have to choose from.

I got plenty to play, Bieber is just not in the rotation.  You gonna quit TOR and play Farmville now?  Since numbers > anything else?  I sure hope you aren't going to be a hypocrit and say numbers aren't everything.  Congrats on your Giants winning the Superbowl, and Alabama winning the BCS title...Frontrunner is cool, ain't it?

Originally posted by Yizle

One I hate EA due to what they did to UO but past that statement I disagree with your point about ME3. I have the previous 2 and love them both and I am really enjoying ME3. And for the whiners who will post about the day 1 DLC if you had bought the CE there wouldn't be any as it came free with the CE.

In short, pay $80 for the proper, as written, as produced, as coded game.   Because it was all in there.   There's, literally, a hack that has you change ONE LINE in the ini file and you have the Original Game With Protheon.

One line. 

No expertise required. 

There's your $10 DLC.   Included, in the game, needing just a slight hack to open it...     And the down-load they make you down load...   Not needed, it's there on your disk.   They're just doing that to puff-you-up.   Make you think you need it.  A complete waste of time and distraction.

And you're defending the thief who ripped you off...    I'm really getting a good laugh out of your argument.   Because you really got taken and taken hard by EA...