Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enough!

SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Enough with all the screen shots!

Everytime I see a new batch of pics I cry a little more... Curse this waiting...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

Comments

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Pretty sure it is going to get dumbed down a lot before NA release! That is what I am worried about since NA games have to be easy mode to make money.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Lol, I feel for the OP. I would really like to try this game too. It looks great and its features sound very interesting.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Originally posted by Thorbrand

Pretty sure it is going to get dumbed down a lot before NA release! That is what I am worried about since NA games have to be easy mode to make money.

I am not so sure  it will be dumbed down. Hopefully it will be left intact since it seems to be combining sandbox and theme elements into one game.

If it has a little bit for every type of gamer then leave it alone!

• SelfDestructProSelfDestructPro Member UncommonPosts: 323

It depends upon the publisher.  Just hope that someone decent picks it up.  I think we need to go on a campaign to plead with publishers.  Cause I'm tired of this waiting too.  Every time I see a new screenshot, I die a little more inside.

• AquitisAquitis Member Posts: 24

I heard SOE might pick it up!

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

Originally posted by Aquitis

I heard SOE might pick it up!

I hope you have a bad case of diahrrea today ;)

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

If that means putting cloths on the female models and reducing weapon sizes Im cool with that.

• nateslonateslo Member UncommonPosts: 49

I agree, I am VERY excited about this game. I WANT IT NOW!

• kumdankalekumdankale Member Posts: 16

Originally posted by snapfusion

If that means putting cloths on the female models and reducing weapon sizes Im cool with that.

you don't know what you are talking about.

is this the mmo you are prejudiced for being anime??

wood carriers are female

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

All these pictures in the thread... You are trying to kill me...

• NakedFuryNakedFury Member UncommonPosts: 411

Originally posted by kumdankale

Originally posted by snapfusion

you don't know what you are talking about.

is this the mmo you are prejudiced for being anime??

You got me I was expecting another asian crap with big weapons and thong warriors. Why would the game need a publisher? All they need to do is translate everything to english and release.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

blame russians, they are  the one leaking even their mothers

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

The best thing that can happen for a NA release is no NA release for 2-3 years.  NA audience simply do not have the patience, understanding or attention span to play an unfinished sandbox hybrid.  The best thing that can happen is the game releases in the East where it is played by more mature players for a couple of years while the American fanboys cry and drool.  Once the game has a couple of years and content and polish it will be in much btter to shape to survive the ADHD American audience. As long as AA can survive and recieve most of its income from Eastern subs it gives hope the game will not be ruined or dumbed down to appease the American playerbase.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030

Originally posted by Zippy

The best thing that can happen for a NA release is no NA release for 2-3 years.  NA audience simply do not have the patience, understanding or attention span to play an unfinished sandbox hybrid.  The best thing that can happen is the game releases in the East where it is played by more mature players for a couple of years while the American fanboys cry and drool.  Once the game has a couple of years and content and polish it will be in much btter to shape to survive the ADHD American audience. As long as AA can survive and recieve most of its income from Eastern subs it gives hope the game will not be ruined or dumbed down to appease the American playerbase.

There are a huge amount of NA waiting for this game.. I say bring it!!!

Edit: Also there is no need to call all of us Americans idiots.. I'm no cowboy;)

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

I do hope they give the option for a skimpy armor, running around looking like some variation of a lobster (or a beggar in the case of LOTRO) is not really appealing.

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

Originally posted by GwapoJosh

The best thing that can happen for a NA release is no NA release for 2-3 years.  NA audience simply does not have the patience, understanding or attention span to play an unfinished sandbox hybrid.  The best thing that can happen is the game releases in the East where it is played by more mature players for a couple of years while the American fanboys cry and drool.  Once the game has a couple of years and content and polish it will be in much btter to shape to survive the ADHD American audience. As long as AA can survive and recieve most of its income from Eastern subs it gives hope the game will not be ruined or dumbed down to appease the American playerbase.

Yes there are a ton of Americans waiting to play the game and they will love it.  All for about 2 months until they run out of things to do or find the game unfinished.  It is much better for the games long term future that the game's econmoic model is based on the more stable subs of Eastern players.  NA American players are great for box sales but not long term subs. But clean the game up, add content, polish and it make shine over a couple of yearsof development and it stands a chance of keeping a substantial NA playerbase.  This is why the release in the East then the West model is much superior. One of the biggest reasons a games like FF11 and L2 did so well in the West was thier staggered releases.  For a sandbox type game where its much harder to release a polished game with full quality content it becomes even more important to stagger a release and keep the game away from Americans for as long as possible.

• ThemePorkThemePork Member Posts: 312

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArcheAge

"In the month of September 2010, a new contract was announced between XL Games and Tencent to publish the game in China. This generated much attention as it was worth from $50 to $60 million USD; making it the second largest deal recorded in Korean gaming exports, behind NCSoft's deal with Shanda for Aion."

It's not that western publishers aren't interested it's that they're too stingy (or broke) to meet XLgames' demands...imo.

• DelficDelfic Member UncommonPosts: 23

Originally posted by Slampig

Enough with all the screen shots!

Everytime I see a new batch of pics I cry a little more... Curse this waiting...

Its never enough. Gief more pics plz ... lol !!!

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030

Originally posted by GwapoJosh

The best thing that can happen for a NA release is no NA release for 2-3 years.  NA audience simply does not have the patience, understanding or attention span to play an unfinished sandbox hybrid.  The best thing that can happen is the game releases in the East where it is played by more mature players for a couple of years while the American fanboys cry and drool.  Once the game has a couple of years and content and polish it will be in much btter to shape to survive the ADHD American audience. As long as AA can survive and recieve most of its income from Eastern subs it gives hope the game will not be ruined or dumbed down to appease the American playerbase.

Yes there are a ton of Americans waiting to play the game and they will love it.  All for about 2 months until they run out of things to do or find the game unfinished.  It is much better for the games long term future that the game's econmoic model is based on the more stable subs of Eastern players.  NA American players are great for box sales but not long term subs. But clean the game up, add content, polish and it make shine over a couple of yearsof development and it stands a chance of keeping a substantial NA playerbase.  This is why the release in the East then the West model is much superior. One of the biggest reasons a games like FF11 and L2 did so well in the West was thier staggered releases.  For a sandbox type game where its much harder to release a polished game with full quality content it becomes even more important to stagger a release and keep the game away from Americans for as long as possible.

Yeah I see what you are saying.. But look at how bad of shape the other sandboxes were at release.. From what I've seen, this game is far beyond what MO and Darkfall is even right now. I'm just trying to have a little faith;)

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."