Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Mass effect 3 + bioware + origin

2»

Comments

• IkedaIkeda Largo, FLPosts: 2,204Member Uncommon

Uhhh... what?

You do realize the Sheppard didn't die in a couple of the endings right?

See the good IGN post:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/mass-effect-3/Endings

No worries.. they did a fairly decent job at minimizing the spoilers.

SWTOR: F2P or Premium? Want Galactic Strongholds early? http://www.swtor.com/r/LbMdN7 Use the referral for 7 days of subscriber access. Unlock your GS today!

• JeroKaneJeroKane OsloPosts: 5,353Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Ikeda

Uhhh... what?

You do realize the Sheppard didn't die in a couple of the endings right?

See the good IGN post:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/mass-effect-3/Endings

No worries.. they did a fairly decent job at minimizing the spoilers.

There are basically three different endings and in one he did not actually die, as he took control of the reapers instead... but he could just as well be dead anyway, being left all alone... seperated from the Normandy crew that survived. I would just shot myself in the head if I were sheppard and get it over with.

Worst is, all the extra effort you have to put into the game, to get that ending.... is just another slap in the face!

Fact is, there really is way too little variation among the three different endings.....they really are basically just the same! Giving me the feeling it was a rush job, to get the game out the door in time! Nothing more.

PS.  I would take the IGN article with a grain of salt, as the whole secret ending unlock has already been debunked! It does not exist!

• calranthecalranthe stoke on trentPosts: 356Member

Sorry why should everything be answered for you, some of the best films and games out there leave you to make your own decisions and some times no answer is given.

• Ghost12Ghost12 Boston, MAPosts: 684Member

Originally posted by JeroKane

Originally posted by Ghost12

Originally posted by JeroKane

You know what is funny?  EA / Bioware basically screwed themselves over with these sad/bad endings in ME3. 

With the vast majority of people outraged and depressed by how this game ends... no one is gonna bother buying any DLC for this game anymore! 

I mean... what's the point?  It's over!  Sheppard is DEAD!  Most of the companions/characters you cared about... DEAD! So with all of us having this sour taste in our mouths are now just gonna walk away and move on. It's done.

So from a pure business point of view... I can't even comprehend how this game even got approved to be released with these 3 endings!

Sheppard is DEAD....

Didnt he die already? AND come back?

Lol. So much drama over this game. OMG, everyone's dead! I swear, some gamers are some of the most gullible people on the planet.... Just watch, 6 months from now theres going to be an announcement for an ME4. Do you really think with the success of the franchise, they will end it here?

No way. ME is here to stay. Bioware is pulling on your little heartstrings. XD

Do you know theres talks for a Mass Effect movie?

They said many times that there will only be 3 ME games, hence how ME3 ends. It really feels as an END! But one that leaves a sour taste in your mouth!

This was not the case with the ME1 and ME2.... those endings were pretty much open, knowing there will be a next.

With ME3 it is not.

How do you know? Do you have a crystal ball that can see into the future?

People change.

Oh and theres this thing called a "spinoff" you may have heard of it...

• calranthecalranthe stoke on trentPosts: 356Member

I just finished my first run through in the game, 44 hours 37mins..and I seriousely bow to Bioware..

This game made me cry is some parts, for my first play through I did it sitting on the couch watching a 37" screen using my wireless keyboard and mouse, wife sat down with me, as she did for mass effect 1 and 2.

I will not go into spoilers in my post, my ending was not the best or the worst, the game was a journey, cinematic, heart felt,  I did not rush through or want to "beat" the game, I played to experience the story, the characters, it was to me, to my wife handled amazingly.

Every time I visited the citadel I saw the fear on peoples faces, every part of the story the desperation.

Not many films, books effect me like this and I completed it 12 hours a go, it is still effecting me, yes it was not a happy go lucky ending but it fit, it really did and that ending was built up from the very start of the game..

I and my wife will now start our own run throughs on the game, on our own pc's.

I will be buying any and all dlc that belongs to this game and I feel sorry for any story based games that come later because this game this series has set the bar high.

All of the above is my opinion, wifes opinion and is true for us both and I hope others out there.

One little fact, a lot of you get stuck on the day 1 dlc but please remember I bought the collectors edition I paid £20 extra and part of that content was the dlc, offering it day one to everyone else was in my eyes a reasonable thing for a business and all companies are suposed to be business.

Thank you bioware for giving me an ending to the shepard saga that I did not expect but I can accept .

• XerenixXerenix BPosts: 235Member

Originally posted by calranthe

I just finished my first run through in the game, 44 hours 37mins..and I seriousely bow to Bioware..

This game made me cry is some parts, for my first play through I did it sitting on the couch watching a 37" screen using my wireless keyboard and mouse, wife sat down with me, as she did for mass effect 1 and 2.

I will not go into spoilers in my post, my ending was not the best or the worst, the game was a journey, cinematic, heart felt,  I did not rush through or want to "beat" the game, I played to experience the story, the characters, it was to me, to my wife handled amazingly.

Every time I visited the citadel I saw the fear on peoples faces, every part of the story the desperation.

Not many films, books effect me like this and I completed it 12 hours a go, it is still effecting me, yes it was not a happy go lucky ending but it fit, it really did and that ending was built up from the very start of the game..

I and my wife will now start our own run throughs on the game, on our own pc's.

I will be buying any and all dlc that belongs to this game and I feel sorry for any story based games that come later because this game this series has set the bar high.

All of the above is my opinion, wifes opinion and is true for us both and I hope others out there.

One little fact, a lot of you get stuck on the day 1 dlc but please remember I bought the collectors edition I paid £20 extra and part of that content was the dlc, offering it day one to everyone else was in my eyes a reasonable thing for a business and all companies are suposed to be business.

Thank you bioware for giving me an ending to the shepard saga that I did not expect but I can accept .

This comment fits me exactly except the crying part but they really made me laugh alot with the usual Joker and EDI conversations.

The Normandy really felt alive in ME3 with all the characters moving around the ship and talking with each other through the comms  instead of the usual "Everyone stays in there rooms the entire time while silent" and seeing some companions drunk almost made me fall off the chair. A drunk Tali with her "Emergency Injection Straw... err i mean Port" was just hilarious.

2»