Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA-EU website bugged? Help

ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Ok I preordered TERA, made an account, but the website of Tera Europe seems to be extremely buggy. I tried both IE and Firefox, but so many errors. I just could not enter my preorder key from Amazon.

Any help or info?

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Comments

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

I just tried logging in into the EU Tera account and it works.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

So many errors? What kind of errors? Pretty vague descriptions with which to work with.

Try this in the mean time: clear your cookies for that particular website. Clear your cache too. Ctrl+F5 while on the website to force refresh. 

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Ok, the first problem is solved now. I had an issue trying to register, many times when I submitted, the page just showed a default browser error website. Like when a website is down or so.

Finally I was able to register my Amazon key. Now when I download, and type my email, password and chose the language, the center of the field goes blank, and looks like this, endlessly. When I close the launcher, it does the same again:

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

I think I know what it is. That window is where you input your login and password, but you don't get the fields for some reason. Which browser are you using?

Edit: Is that actually a browser or the game's launcher? If it's the game's launcher you get that error because the EU servers are down.

Edit 2: Nop, tried it with the game launcher, worked fine, I'm inside. I mean I'm past that message, EU servers are down obviously.

Edit 3: when I hit Play, I get a general error message popup window (the one you get because servers are down).

That's the game's launcher. What's your anti-virus doing at that time? Is that a pop-up of it?

Originally posted by NBlitz

That's the game's launcher. What's your anti-virus doing at that time? Is that a pop-up of it?

No popup, I was just looking if I had to add it to exceptions, but it seems to be allowed alright. But I don't really know much about that software.

Originally posted by Xasapis

I think I know what it is. That window is where you input your login and password, but you don't get the fields for some reason. Which browser are you using?

Edit: Is that actually a browser or the game's launcher? If it's the game's launcher you get that error because the EU servers are down.

Edit 2: Nop, tried it with the game launcher, worked fine, I'm inside. I mean I'm past that message, EU servers are down obviously.

Edit 3: when I hit Play, I get a general error message popup window (the one you get because servers are down).

Hm, any info when the EU servers will be up again? =)

And no, its the launcher not a browser window. It kinda irritates me that there isn't even a message like "Login not accepted" or "servers are down" or what, just endlessly this blank window. :/

EDIT: I had shut down the firewall in the login process, and it works. It started downloading now. Weird. I must admit I have NO clue how to add this to my firewall. >.< But the loooong download started. yey me. XD

Thanks all for looking into this. ^^

... Oh man 2 days download it says! *sweatdrop* Damn my old DSL2000 with ~150kb/s :(

It's not blank for me. Sec

What I get is this:

Sorry don't have a picture editing software to crop it.

Looks like the forums don't like my pasted image.

Well, you're in for a visual treat, so it's worth it. Currently easily the best looking mmorpg out there.

You have a week to download it anyway. Next event is next week if not mistaken.

https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=27286

Originally posted by Xasapis

Well, you're in for a visual treat, so it's worth it. Currently easily the best looking mmorpg out there.

You have a week to download it anyway. Next event is next week if not mistaken.

https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=27286

Having seen videos I am greatly looking forward to it. I am a very visual person and will enjoy the lush world. :)

Sigh, today I have the same issue. I can't login to continue downloading. Even tho I deactivate the firewall temporary. :((

Originally posted by Elikal

Sigh, today I have the same issue. I can't login to continue downloading. Even tho I deactivate the firewall temporary. :((

What about your antivirus? Just to try.

Originally posted by NBlitz

Originally posted by Elikal

What about your antivirus? Just to try.

Hmpft, after ~20 minutes trying again and again, it finally worked. No clue why.