Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Mass Effect 3: The War Begins Trailer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Bioware has posted a new trailer from Mass Effect 3. Called "The War Begins", the trailer shows off some of the amazing battle scenes and spotlights the critical reception the final game in the trilogy has received.

Mass Effect 3was released earlier this week to incredible hype amidst high expectations. Critics around the world have heaped praise on the game, awarding it with over 30 perfect scores from a wide variety of outlets including MSNBC, USA Today, Game Informer, G4TV, the New York Daily News, Eurogamer (UK), The Guardian, PlayStation: The Official Magazine (UK), Official Xbox Magazine (UK) and more. The game has been lauded for delivering both the satisfying experience longtime fans have been yearning for while also being the best entry point to the series for players new to the franchise. GameSpot, who awarded Mass Effect 3 with one of the many Editors’ Choice awards the game has received, declared “whether you possess a storied history with the series or come in with a clean slate, Mass Effect 3 expertly entangles you in its universe and inspires you to care about its future.”

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

wait what? this isn't an mmo

• DreadbladeDreadblade Member Posts: 384

No but you know it is from bioware so I guess it needs to be posted as such..............................

• FaynthFaynth Member Posts: 237

You two guys go back under your rock. This is Biowares native environment, singelplayer games with good story. Dont try to talk it down becasue they suck at mmos.

• LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692

Originally posted by Asamof

He's right though.

• FaynthFaynth Member Posts: 237

uhm.. ermm yeh, guess i failed to realize due to overly general hate flying around , my bad #1

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Originally posted by Jesterftk

uhm.. ermm yeh, guess i failed to realize due to overly general hate flying around , my bad #1

That's because EA is an egricious company. When they have used all the goodwill the name Bioware had they will drop it and the 'hate' will be focused where it is deserved. ('strong dislike' is probablly  more appropriate than 'hate').

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Originally posted by Dreadblade

No but you know it is from bioware so I guess it needs to be posted as such..............................

Lol. Good one ;P

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Because this is the only singleplayer game to have ever made it to this forums. Ooh, wait MMORPG are featuring popular RPGs which most likely appeal to MMORPG players.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

The people who run this website will post anything here if its currently popular and/or they are currently playing it or participating in it.

Its their website and they'll post what news they want to post.  Doesn't matter whether you, I, or anyone else agrees with it.

Its how this website is run.

• GeezerGaz82GeezerGaz82 Member UncommonPosts: 65

Originally posted by black777

He's right though.

I agree, it is MMORPG.com after all haha

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

Originally posted by GeezerGaz82

He's right though.

No harm in putting up some news for it though. A lot of people on here are no doubt interested in the game.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Originally posted by Jimmy562

He's right though.

No harm in putting up some news for it though. A lot of people on here are no doubt interested in the game.

Agreed, ME3 is a great game that really should be called an expansion to me2 and thus priced about $40, the $60 buck price tag and the DLC the same day is the only problem i have with this otherwise great game

• thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368

Originally posted by eddieg50

He's right though.

Agreed, ME3 is a great game that really should be called an expansion to me2 and thus priced about $40, the $60 buck price tag and the DLC the same day is the only problem i have with this otherwise great game

Games are overpriced, but considering the length of the game and comparing it to many other modern games, I think $60 is fine. It is better than ME2, as it had way too worse level design.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

Originally posted by eddieg50

He's right though.

It's beyond an expansion to the game. Got the game 3 days ago and I've gotten almost 14 hours out of the awesome single-player campaign so far and I'm nowhere close to finishing, from what I can tell. Not to mention the 5-6 hours I've spent online already.

Well worth the $60 compared to most games that come out lately.

• AlyvianAlyvian Member Posts: 342

well worth the cancelation of my CE, fuck the moneygrabbing.

• zhivikzhivik Member Posts: 38
    Actually, it's not so inappropriate to put it here, as it turns out that in order to receive access to all possible ending variations, you HAVE to play online multiplayer. I think I failed to complete only one side mission and explored absolutely everything that is explorable, and yet I was at just about two thirds of what I needed to unlock tem.

Sill, I must say the game is worth the money, at least until the very end. People who haven't played it before will like it a lot, but fans of the series, who have invested themselves in the story and characters, will be ... let's say "underwhelmed" is a very, very mild word for
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Too bad they cannot share an understanding of what RVR is with the SWTOR  team...who still acts like they've been mezzed when people ask...when it this Illum  going to be fixed.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Originally posted by zhivik

Actually, it's not so inappropriate to put it here, as it turns out that in order to receive access to all possible ending variations, you HAVE to play online multiplayer. I think I failed to complete only one side mission and explored absolutely everything that is explorable, and yet I was at just about two thirds of what I needed to unlock tem.

Sill, I must say the game is worth the money, at least until the very end. People who haven't played it before will like it a lot, but fans of the series, who have invested themselves in the story and characters, will be ... let's say "underwhelmed" is a very, very mild word for

I was told that you can get the best possible ending without having to play multiplayer. I am very interested to see the ending to see what the big fuss is about.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• SybnalSybnal Member Posts: 261

Originally posted by Alyvian

The game was so ridiculously good I feel like I ripped THEM off.

Honeslly, I can't remember enjoying a video game more.

• KingPinoyKingPinoy Member Posts: 55

Originally posted by Sybnal

Spoiler

I enjoyed the game up until the ending, then i rage quit.

SPOILER

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Originally posted by KingPinoy

Spoiler

SPOILER

This sums how people are feeling towards this game, unless you praised dragon age 2 to heavens, but then you are a very small minority

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• red_cruiserred_cruiser Member UncommonPosts: 486

Mass Effect 3 endings:  "The odds never really mattered anyways." Put six bullets in the chambers and apply to your franchise.  Tragic.

I didn't think the story was very good in either Mass Effect 2 or 3, though.  I knew the ending was going to be pretty bad. I just had that hunch.  Maybe after you buy $50 worth of DLC you'll be able to get a good one.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

I can see why ME3 ending is getting such a bad rap.

It isn't your typical 'rainbow and unicorns happily ever after' ending.

But Mass Effect was never about that. I don't think how else it could have ended with the whole series message being what it is.

ME series was always about the 'inevitable'. You can't defeat this, you can just delay it. You might be commander Shepard but guess what, the galaxy has been like this for Millions of years!

To actually have some sort of a good thing come off of this is only possible because we accept it in a video game.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• SybnalSybnal Member Posts: 261

Originally posted by KingPinoy

Spoiler

SPOILER

Ya, I see alot of complaints about the 18 different endings.  I went full renegade and I loved every minute of it.

But then again I don't suffer from 13 year old girl syndrome, where every ending has to be a happily ever after, Hollywood douchbag affair.  I like my fiction more on the mature side.  The darker and grittier the better.  I've never been into the saccharine pablum that most here seem to have expected out of the game.

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

I also see lots of complaints about all your old crew dying off.  Another thing I totally disagree with.  I cheered when I shot Kaiden in the stomach (whiney bastard).  I also laughed out loud when the Justicar shot herself and I did nothing, then proceeded to shoot her daugter in the face.  Tali's suicide was shocking too, in the most AWESOME way.   Not to mention I let the Geth wipe the Quarians out (damn space gypsies).   Good times.

• ImRuinedImRuined Member Posts: 1

Go check the BSN, the problem is not that the ending is not 'happy' the problem is that Bioware cheated the players by introducing an ending which utterly trivialised and negated the choices you made over 150+ hours of gameplay (if you played the full trilogy and imported your character across each) despite their promises that the ending would supposedly involve over a thousand variables...

It's almost as if Bioware decided it was all too hard and just dropped in a crappy, nonsensicle ending that reminded me of the ending from Final Fantasy : The Spirits Within, and all came down to choosing your favourite colour...