Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to Spiral Knights

Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

Good to see Spiral Knights finally added. I wouldn't want to make a thread without putting something useful in it, so here are some useful links.

Pretty much everything you need can be found on the official wiki:
http://wiki.spiralknights.com/

That said, there are a few particularly useful pages for new players:
New Player Briefing
Energy
List of alchemy paths
List of sets

I highly recommend that everyone read the following guides if you haven't already, regardless of whether you are new or not:
Swordmaster Guide
Gunslinger Guide
Bombing Guide
Shieldbearer Guide

Careful spending of crowns will let you keep a steady supply of energy for those who aren't keen to buying it with real money, so don't let the energy system turn you off.

If anyone else has other useful guides or links, post them in this thread.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

I played this for a little while. I thought it was kinda cool. I got somewhat confused and ended up just running around a bunch though. Think that's why I stopped playing

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,771

Lol this game looks great!

Omar is fucking hilarious!

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!

This game unfortunetly forces people to use Item Shop if you want to progress.

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

Originally posted by Slowdoves

That's actually not true. Firstly, the game does not have an "Item Shop" in the way most people would think of one. Many things in the game cost energy, and extra energy can be purchased with real money. However, extra energy can also be earned in-game without spending a dime.

This misconception is common because the game does a poor job of explaining how to earn more energy, and presents you first with the option to simply buy more.

You're given 100 energy free each day. This energy can be used however you like, but I recommend using it on either dungeons or crafting in order to earn more crowns (gold). Once you have enough crowns, open the energy menu and change tabs to buy more energy using crowns instead of real money.

Once you get the hang of spending wisely, you'll see how easy it is to play endlessly.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by Shroom_Mage

That's actually not true. Firstly, the game does not have an "Item Shop" in the way most people would think of one. Many things in the game cost energy, and extra energy can be purchased with real money. However, extra energy can also be earned in-game without spending a dime.

This misconception is common because the game does a poor job of explaining how to earn more energy, and presents you first with the option to simply buy more.

You're given 100 energy free each day. This energy can be used however you like, but I recommend using it on either dungeons or crafting in order to earn more crowns (gold). Once you have enough crowns, open the energy menu and change tabs to buy more energy using crowns instead of real money.

Once you get the hang of spending wisely, you'll see how easy it is to play endlessly.

Not a troll, just curious.

But what do you end up spending money on in this game?  Whats the draw to play long term?  

Oh, my apologies! Not an Item shop. 100 energy is hardly enough and locked to only one computer.

You can't earn enough crown with only 100 energy, unless you purchase or just in it for the long haul.

This game is still very dependent on Energy if you want to progress.

I would have gladly have paid for the game, I think this game is great really brings back those Zelda memories.

• DokemDokem Member UncommonPosts: 18

You need energy to get better gear, so you can beat the stronger monsters, as in any other mmo.

To make that journey a fast one, you can spend money buying energy from the ingame store.

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

If you're careful and don't die a lot, you can easily make enough crowns in one dungeon run to buy 100 crystal energy with still plenty left over. This, however, does mean that if you're spending most of your crowns on energy, your net crown gain rate is lower, which means things can take quite a bit longer than if you were to buy crystal energy outright. You won't have to worry at all about the 100 mist energy per day limit unless you die a lot.

People are impatient, however, and are willing to pay a lot to get things faster.

If you're careful and don't die a lot, you can easily make enough crowns in one dungeon run to buy 100 crystal energy with still plenty left over. This, however, does mean that if you're spending most of your crowns on energy, your net crown gain rate is lower, which means things can take quite a bit longer than if you were to buy crystal energy outright. You won't have to worry at all about the 100 mist energy per day limit unless you die a lot.

People are impatient, however, and are willing to pay a lot to get things faster.

Thank you, just nailed it!

• Freakboy546Freakboy546 Member Posts: 40
    I never had a problem doing some solo runs and buying energy. Seems like a good way for a company to make money without forcing you to buy anything.
  • FexulFexul Member Posts: 1

I really like this game, at the beginning I thought that I was going to use the "Item Mall" but really the game is free, easy and funny :D

• SpectrumizedSpectrumized Member Posts: 48

With the new addition of missions the game is easier than ever to play without spending money! It's at least worth trying out, and the combat is really enjoyable!

However, if you really are bad with money and merchanting; you can purchase a cheap $6 item that will allow your energy needs to be minimal (You'll only need energy if you are impatient and want instant-gratification) and still give you access to everything (Except the OCHM which isn't much).