Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

best f2p mmo

I play/played LOTRO, COX, AO, and CO.  CO is by far the best to the free player because:

The free AT's are the best ones.  The advanced AT's are just creative twists on the base AT's, and generally are not as effective.

The entire base game is free.  The adventure packs are fun, but completely optional, and aren't required for max player development.

PVP is fun for free.  This is the biggest aspect that I like, because PVP is based on free form or AT based.  This favors the AT player because you can play with the free forms if you choose, and if you win, it really shows some serious skill, but if you want a fair fight, you can join the MORE POPULAR archetype based pvp.  IMO AT based pvp is much more balanced, and has a shorter queue time on average.

In summary, I like this game because it isn't "pay to win" like AO, and the entire experience is included in in the f2p realm (unlike WAR, rift, ect.).  Well done!!

Elite poster by 82

Comments

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

I like CO and play it and have spent money on it...but to correct you, WAR and RIFT are not F2P. They have the same trial like WOW does. WAR is trial up to lvl 10, while RIFT and WOW are trial up to level 20. If you like the game, then sub, if not then quit, but they are not F2P games. Only offer trials.

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757

Originally posted by smitty0356

I play/played LOTRO, COX, AO, and CO.  CO is by far the best to the free player because:

The free AT's are the best ones.  The advanced AT's are just creative twists on the base AT's, and generally are not as effective.

The entire base game is free.  The adventure packs are fun, but completely optional, and aren't required for max player development.

PVP is fun for free.  This is the biggest aspect that I like, because PVP is based on free form or AT based.  This favors the AT player because you can play with the free forms if you choose, and if you win, it really shows some serious skill, but if you want a fair fight, you can join the MORE POPULAR archetype based pvp.  IMO AT based pvp is much more balanced, and has a shorter queue time on average.

In summary, I like this game because it isn't "pay to win" like AO, and the entire experience is included in in the f2p realm (unlike WAR, rift, ect.).  Well done!!

A small correction here: If you wanna play for free you need to pay for the adventure packs or you won't be granted entrance to certain dungeons.

• wildtalentwildtalent Member UncommonPosts: 380

Yes you can buy adventure packs but they are few and not needed to advance in anyway.  

• Ashen_XAshen_X Member Posts: 363

Archetype PvP queues can take days to pop. In order to get to play with any degree of frequency an AT player must go up against Freeform characters in their arenas.

In general an AT player faced off against a Freeform PvP build has a life expectance of 3-10 seconds. An AT going up against a Freeform PvE build might last 10-30 seconds.

When all has been said and done, more will have been said than done.

• CervandoCervando Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by gordiflu

Originally posted by smitty0356

A small correction here: If you wanna play for free you need to pay for the adventure packs or you won't be granted entrance to certain dungeons.

Actually all Adventure Packs post the 'On Alert' update are now free, so all content is available to all players, whether they subscribe or not.