Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: New Website Debuts

2»

Comments

• reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613

Anyone else notice that the Mythic name/logo has been replaced by BioWare name/logo?

The old website had "Mythic" plastered all over it. The only thing Mythic-related on this site now is the "Create/Manage Account" link under the "Account & Support" menu, which points to accounts.eamythic.com.

Is Mythic dead?

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Originally posted by gigat

Anyone else notice that the Mythic name/logo has been replaced by BioWare name/logo?

The old website had "Mythic" plastered all over it. The only thing Mythic-related on this site now is the "Create/Manage Account" link under the "Account & Support" menu, which points to accounts.eamythic.com.

Is Mythic dead?

For all intents and purposes, yes.  They have been a shell of a company for quite some time.  Which is why it took them a year and half to code a new webpage. 

Dark Ages of Camelot website is even worse, all you see is Bioware, EA and Orgin.  The word Mythic is even on the front page anywhere.

http://darkageofcamelot.com/

• reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613

Originally posted by Worstluck

Originally posted by gigat

Is Mythic dead?

For all intents and purposes, yes.  They have been a shell of a company for quite some time.  Which is why it took them a year and half to code a new webpage. 

Dark Ages of Camelot website is even worse, all you see is Bioware, EA and Orgin.  The word Mythic is even on the front page anywhere.

http://darkageofcamelot.com/

I noticed that too. What a damn shame, I really liked Mythic despite all the hate.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    I'm thinking there must be a reason for.them to update the website.

Maybe something more is coming for war? Thinking f2p here for the whole game, and add cash shop.

RIP Orc Choppa

• Games888Games888 Member Posts: 243

even if its f2p its still failed rvr with 2 faction and server crash might as well play GW2.

• senti02senti02 Member UncommonPosts: 96

AWESOME........................................................................................................................................NOT!!!!

• OutisOutis Member UncommonPosts: 105

Originally posted by Zekiah

Originally posted by nyxium

Good luck. WoW was a steamroller to this game, it needs good luck.

What it needs is a competent company behind it.

Agree'd 100%

EA has ruined so made games for me. Sad thing is I believe I would try a Funcom game before any title attached to EA

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Originally posted by Outis

Agree'd 100%

EA has ruined so made games for me. Sad thing is I believe I would try a Funcom game before any title attached to EA

Well, I would stay away from The Secret World then....it's made by Funcom and being published by EA :P

• CaponestyleCaponestyle Member UncommonPosts: 112

I was fooled by the website giant FREE TO PLAY SIGN.  I thought great id love to try it out again, I Bought it at launch and played for one month lol. At least they have a welcome back for 14 days , Im gunna try it out again and see whats improved

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517

Originally posted by byson123

Originally posted by Painlezz

The journal/book/tracker thingy (forget what they called it) was pretty cool.  Tracked every damn detail for every zone... Good for those who like to grind achievements and such.

The PvP was fast paced and enjoyable (as far as battleground instanced PvP goes).

Unfortunately the PvE side of the game was just bad.  WAR is a prime example of why PvP does not belog in MMORPG's.  This game was CENTERED around PvP and it failed.  There are not enough PvP players to sustain a game like this.  Anyone who really cares about player vs player action is off playing HON, LoL, DOTA, CS, Half-Life, Quake, Starcraft....  Real games with balanced fields where skill matters. 

It has always been my opinion that PvP in MMO's has always been for the small group who want an advantage over other players because they invested more time rather than because they're more skilled...

I guess that's why Guild Wars failed. Oh wait.......

Don't forget UO is still going too.

• OutisOutis Member UncommonPosts: 105

Originally posted by Worstluck

Originally posted by Outis

Agree'd 100%

Well, I would stay away from The Secret World then....it's made by Funcom and being published by EA :P

Ouch!!!  Double Whammy!!!

• MaxJacMaxJac Member Posts: 185

I still have a lot of love for this game, even if I am not subscribed at the moment. WAR has had me resubscribe more than any other mmo after taking a break.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

So, you can play Free Forever low level characters in the Teir I (newb) zones of one racial pairing, but can't even enter the capital cities. However, it's Free Forever People!

I'm sorry, but EA strikes again. Why hasn't this gone F2P cash Shop yet? Probably because EA won't pay the costs to convert it.

I actually liked a fair amount about this game and played for about six months after launch. It's one I would probably return to if it went F2P using a model similar to LotRO, for a few months at least.

EA...

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

ok!explain this to me!you go to their website you see shinny new site,you re like great!then you go see the youtube!see the action and all!nope ea still stuck in 2008 !why make a new site then!

everybody on the planet saw that cg and as you can see it doesnt advantage the game!why not show the action in the game or some live stream elsewhere like twich.tv.a lot of game get a lot of player just because other saw the game streamed live

and get interested!it as to be 1080p, it has to be at max quality or dont bother streaming gees you ll get worst opinion!

it is web 101.people that play game hate static ads and cg is only nice the first 3 month then you can put it in the older list.

ea is being looked at a lot these days, with swtor.and warhammer online or the other warhammer, 3 faction fight could gain some player .but gees some has to stop smoking in those office and push  ea into high gear!

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

Originally posted by NeoZcar2

Originally posted by Painlezz

The journal/book/tracker thingy (forget what they called it) was pretty cool.  Tracked every damn detail for every zone... Good for those who like to grind achievements and such.

The PvP was fast paced and enjoyable (as far as battleground instanced PvP goes).

Unfortunately the PvE side of the game was just bad.  WAR is a prime example of why PvP does not belog in MMORPG's.  This game was CENTERED around PvP and it failed.  There are not enough PvP players to sustain a game like this.  Anyone who really cares about player vs player action is off playing HON, LoL, DOTA, CS, Half-Life, Quake, Starcraft....  Real games with balanced fields where skill matters. 

It has always been my opinion that PvP in MMO's has always been for the small group who want an advantage over other players because they invested more time rather than because they're more skilled...

Statistically this has been proven false many times by many sources... Independant polls over the years have shown that far more players participate in PVP on a consistant basis then those who participate in Raiding. WAR's decline had nothing at all to do with the PVP. The problems were with the developer Mythic.

They let a design team continue to give thier favorite classes major balance buffs over the other classes in the game. ( Bright Wizard, WitchElf etc.)

The kept trying to overhaul a system that was working to make it easier in an attempt to pull subscriptions away from WoW.

They never had plans to or did release any significant ammount of expanded content post release. 

They would ban the accounts of players in game who spoke out against the design team on the forums.

They fraudulently charged players multiple subscriptions for a single month on at least 3 different occasions when they couldnt afford their bills. And then proceeded to pay back these overcharges when it was "convenient".

This is why WAR failed. And none of those things had anything to do with the PVP. The game even today still has massive PVP battel at almost any time during teh day consisting of hundreds of players on each team fighitng over neutral battlezones and objectives as well as smaller bands of 30 - 50 player teams in the Tier 2 and 3 content fighting over the RVR lakes. Tier 1 unlimited free trial was brilliant until they changed the levelling cap for the tiers giving paid players a significant level gap over the free trial players. All in all some of the best PVP released  since DAOC.

Yes and it has also been proven that while more people PvP than Raid, both are very much niche audiences in the MMO genre.  On top of that, both are the most vocal and aggressive audiences in the genre.

• HatewallHatewall Member Posts: 120

For Pete's sake, did EA buy out mmorpg.com recently?

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

Movie prop housing looks great until you walk and view it from the side. A bit much like WAR and this new site.