Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How far do you go in forums

cagarcagar Member Posts: 98
Just wondering, when you go thru forum threads, when do you just stop reading or posting?
I personally stop after about 5 pages if I am reading everything, might go deeper if I just randomly skip around or read posts from people I have seen on here often who think the way I do, even tho I am not a big poster. I don't usually post after the 4th page because it just seems to be way off topic by then or, just like when reading, I kind of lost interest. Not to mention that a very simular thread will most likely be started anyway. Also for multiple page threads, how far back are you willing to go to catch up on whatever is being discussed?

70 monk eq1
80 bruiser eq2
43 druid wow
Currently playing : rift

Comments

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662

3'10"

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Originally posted by Zindaihas

3'10"

Are we still talking about forum threads, or my manhood?

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

Depends on the topic. Many of the longer threads just have an endless collection of individual replies to the OP, many of which repeat each other. Little point in doing more than picking through that. Others have a long winding argument that must be read from the beginning to make much sense right off the bat.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• 77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    By the time a thread reaches 4+ pages its usually full of either

2-4 people arguing back and forth (50% of posts)

The OP trying to get the topic back to his original point (15% of posts)

Individual, isolated responses to the OP's first post (15% of posts)

People pointing out how stupid the point the 2-4 people are arguing over (10% of posts)

Someone comparing the topic to SWTOR or GW2, related or not (5% of posts)

Completely random comments spurred by a sentence from someones post that was on topic (5% of posts)

All of these numbers are made up by me so arent factual in any way but there are definitely trends.
  • paps26paps26 Member Posts: 24

I try to check if there are replies to my posts and also check out interesting threads. I am not as you can say " full time " player but I try to keep up. :) I'm playing Mythos once in a while and NBA to satisfy my gaming needs and then add a little forum time

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

"You know how when I go in the ball pit at Cheesy Charlie's and I sink all the way down to the bottom and you can't find me?" "

• Kurt114Kurt114 Member Posts: 5

I am involved in mankind,

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Depends on how interested I am in the topic and the responses it has received.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

I will read every post up to about 2-3 pages. If the thread is longer I will either skim through it to get a gist of what is being discussed or I will just reply to the OP directly. Some I will read every post until I get to one that is reply worthy. It really depends on the topic and my level of interest as to how thoroughly I read through.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }