Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: New Website Debuts

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The official Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning site has been completely overhauled with a spiffy new look and a much more user-friendly interface.

The site is gorgeous so be sure to head to the Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning site to check it out.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Gotta love the EA...

No, actually you dont ;)

• TheMinnTheMinn Member Posts: 397

they fix the website but not the game. wonderful. still cant believe i built a new PC for the MMO. What a waste.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Ummm........that's great.

I guess.

I still haven't got around to going past the trial. But I will........I think.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

Good luck. WoW was a steamroller to this game, it needs good luck.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by nyxium

What it needs is a competent company behind it.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

The journal/book/tracker thingy (forget what they called it) was pretty cool.  Tracked every damn detail for every zone... Good for those who like to grind achievements and such.

The PvP was fast paced and enjoyable (as far as battleground instanced PvP goes).

Unfortunately the PvE side of the game was just bad.  WAR is a prime example of why PvP does not belog in MMORPG's.  This game was CENTERED around PvP and it failed.  There are not enough PvP players to sustain a game like this.  Anyone who really cares about player vs player action is off playing HON, LoL, DOTA, CS, Half-Life, Quake, Starcraft....  Real games with balanced fields where skill matters. 

It has always been my opinion that PvP in MMO's has always been for the small group who want an advantage over other players because they invested more time rather than because they're more skilled...

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

If it ever goes free to play ill try it.Are they even aware that Gw2 is coming b2p and all other mmos will have to switch to ftp or better b2p model in order to survive.Sometimes i cant understand how silly they become.

• NeoZcar2NeoZcar2 Member Posts: 136

Originally posted by Painlezz

The journal/book/tracker thingy (forget what they called it) was pretty cool.  Tracked every damn detail for every zone... Good for those who like to grind achievements and such.

The PvP was fast paced and enjoyable (as far as battleground instanced PvP goes).

Unfortunately the PvE side of the game was just bad.  WAR is a prime example of why PvP does not belog in MMORPG's.  This game was CENTERED around PvP and it failed.  There are not enough PvP players to sustain a game like this.  Anyone who really cares about player vs player action is off playing HON, LoL, DOTA, CS, Half-Life, Quake, Starcraft....  Real games with balanced fields where skill matters. 

It has always been my opinion that PvP in MMO's has always been for the small group who want an advantage over other players because they invested more time rather than because they're more skilled...

Statistically this has been proven false many times by many sources... Independant polls over the years have shown that far more players participate in PVP on a consistant basis then those who participate in Raiding. WAR's decline had nothing at all to do with the PVP. The problems were with the developer Mythic.

They let a design team continue to give thier favorite classes major balance buffs over the other classes in the game. ( Bright Wizard, WitchElf etc.)

The kept trying to overhaul a system that was working to make it easier in an attempt to pull subscriptions away from WoW.

They never had plans to or did release any significant ammount of expanded content post release. 

They would ban the accounts of players in game who spoke out against the design team on the forums.

They fraudulently charged players multiple subscriptions for a single month on at least 3 different occasions when they couldnt afford their bills. And then proceeded to pay back these overcharges when it was "convenient".

This is why WAR failed. And none of those things had anything to do with the PVP. The game even today still has massive PVP battel at almost any time during teh day consisting of hundreds of players on each team fighitng over neutral battlezones and objectives as well as smaller bands of 30 - 50 player teams in the Tier 2 and 3 content fighting over the RVR lakes. Tier 1 unlimited free trial was brilliant until they changed the levelling cap for the tiers giving paid players a significant level gap over the free trial players. All in all some of the best PVP released  since DAOC.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

awsome!!!!!looks great!

love this game -weve been asking for an update on the site many of use forum users!!!!!-they listened!

thanks Bioware

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

Originally posted by Painlezz

You obviously haven't played the original GW where PvP is the primary end game and the advantage goes to the more skilled player as all gear for each class is equal across the board.

• SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352

Last time I visisted that site they hadent updated the page for 1 year, guess they finally got the thumb out of there rear end ;)

I like the Warhammer theme, im just a old nerd hehe

So If they put some effort in to the game again I can give it a go again I guess, lets see if there comes some good changes.

• KholeKhole Member CommonPosts: 136

How is this game not f2p yet?

• EmrendilEmrendil Member Posts: 199

Originally posted by reignjuste

If it ever goes free to play ill try it.Are they even aware that Gw2 is coming b2p and all other mmos will have to switch to ftp or better b2p model in order to survive.Sometimes i cant understand how silly they become.

I'm thinking the same thing.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by Zekiah

What it needs is a competent company behind it.

what it needs is to become free to play.

a new site wont make the game better so it wont make me sub lol :p

just sayin :D

um i will be playing GW2 and still support  Waaargh!!!- the player base in this game are

pretty stable in  end  RR  much like the eveonline has its own community.

so i support-hands down!

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

Talk about putting lipstick on a pig.

Originally posted by rojo6934

Originally posted by Zekiah

-umm wow is just 'steam' atm....

Warhammer has stayed true to its fanbase. thank goodness!- no gnomes or druids here...move along..

<.<

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Who cares now?

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Sooo... They gave it a new web-page... .. . I am impressed, i thought that after releasing the scenario game they would just drop this like a wet sock. Still... There is no saving this game sadly.

This have been a good conversation

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

They should be more concerned about making their game more user friendly...

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

i went to the new website and its really nice, way better than before... then i closed the internet browser and that was it. :/

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

FREE TO PLAY

Trial Only

I was amused at that part of the website at least.

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

A new frock for an old corpse.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Lol, they were talking about updating the website over a year and half ago, when I last had a sub.  Took them a year and half to do that.  And before that, the news section hadn't been updated in a year.  I just saw patch version 1.4.5 was released as well.  They released 1.4 over a year ago (the patch that killed what little game was left) and they still have not even made it to 1.5?  I know it's just some numbers but damn.

Originally posted by SuperXero89

FREE TO PLAY

Trial Only

I was amused at that part of the website at least.

actually "free to play.... trial only" its more acceptable... Whats more amusing is taht it says FOREVER, FOR FREE!!!!... lol i have a good laugh everytime i see that.