Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: GDC 2012 Hands-On Preview

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

During GDC 2012, we had the chance to check out the latest development on En Masse Entertainment's TERA. See what's new in the game and what we think. Leave us a comment or two when finished.

En Masse producer Chris Hager and associate producer Stefan Ramirez first walked us through some of the things the team has been working on over the past year in order to improve TERA for the North American launch of the game. En Masse has utilized a wide array of testing methods in order to gather the feedback necessary to drive many of these improvements, including the recent string of closed beta events. Some of these improvements may show up in upcoming beta events on the run-up to launch, while others will make it in when the game officially launches in May.

Read more of Mike Bitton's TERA: GDC 2012 Hands-On Preview.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

OH WONDERFUL!!! I LOVE TERA WOOT!

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

I LOVE YOU EN MASSE ALSO TEHE!

Hero Evermore

I LOVE YOU MICHAEL BITTON! GOOD WRITING!

Hero Evermore

• DamzillaDamzilla Member UncommonPosts: 170

^ You know, yyou didn't have to make 3 comments in caps lock just 'cus you are excited...

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

Very happy to see that the Korean Queen of the Argon update is being put into the western version before launch, I feel that this will improve the endgame, hopefully avoiding the issues SWTOR had at launch.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Wow, this is finally official confirmation that it will ALL be included. I am very happy about this.

"Nexus System: At endgame, dimensional portals from the Argon world will open up in end-level areas of the player world.  Players will be informed of these portal openings via system announcements on the server. The Nexus system will make use of a public quest system, so whether you’ve got only a couple of players or a full-sized raid group, all you need to do is simply enter the portal to get involved. Once inside, players will have to fight back hordes of Argon over the course of an hour. Players who beat back the Argon forces here will be rewarded with rare items, some of which are exclusive to the Nexus system content."

Sounds fun, I hope it is challenging.

• hotixhotix Member UncommonPosts: 130

When you fight Hotix Godix you lose.

• EmrendilEmrendil Member Posts: 199

Can't wait for the release :)

• nepulasnepulas Member UncommonPosts: 218

best mmo 2012 !

Retired : Daoc , Warhammer , WoW , Lotro , Tabula Rasa , Everquest 2 , Aion, Eve , AoC , SW:Tor ( failwars ), Planetside 2
    Waiting : Star Citizen
    Playing : Star Citizen
    FPS : Overwatch

Yt chan : https://www.youtube.com/user/raine187

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136
    The scope and authority EME has to change TERA is surprising. They're making all the right moves that's for sure.

Just not worth my time anymore.

• Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784

Too bad no one I know wants to play this game. Not worth getting into it by myself.

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894

Is there any reason that En Masse just doesn't use an authenticator for security? With the amount of people that have mobile internet devices this seems like a natural fit for MMOs. You can also have a software key that is installed directly on the machine you intend to play from. I am also VERY glad to see they have an instance finder. This is a must have for any modern MMO imho. Great write up. Thanks for the read.

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258

Looking better and better and i get more interested but no way i'm paying for a box and a sub when GW2 will launch in the near future. If it was b2p i would probably try it, if it was f2p i would be all over it.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Originally posted by black_isle

Looking better and better and i get more interested but no way i'm paying for a box and a sub when GW2 will launch in the near future. If it was b2p i would probably try it, if it was f2p i would be all over it.

I think it'll go F2P hybrid eventually, all MMOs will.

Still, my estimate for GW2 is September/October, so you'll probably have at least 3 months of Tera fun.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Game is looking better and better. Cant wait for release!

• KemengulKemengul Member Posts: 5

I can't wait for beta 3 tomorrow!

• sirachsirach Member UncommonPosts: 54

Originally posted by Sector13

Too bad no one I know wants to play this game. Not worth getting into it by myself.

You could always make new friends. :)

I can't wait until tomorrow. This game is getting better and better and it's not even out of beta. Gotta love it.

• lonexilesoullonexilesoul Member Posts: 15

Oficial GOLD SELLING.... Oficial "time cards" trading for gold .... Something new...

Looks like they looking for some extra $ (instead of "usual black market")

• HestiaHestia Member UncommonPosts: 119

This is a great game. Extremely high in full packed action combat and excellent customer service! I love speaking with the GMs over support - where they DON'T give out automated responses! The GMs/Devs are also constantly monitoring the forums. Highly commited company and I am glad to be a paying customer of TERA Online. =D

Originally posted by Velamo

This is a great game. Extremely high in full packed action combat and excellent customer service! I love speaking with the GMs over support - where they DON'T give out automated responses! The GMs/Devs are also constantly monitoring the forums. Highly commited company and I am glad to be a paying customer of TERA Online. =D

It's crazy I almost feel like I am their buddy or something, they respond to tickets and make jokes and will even hold a conversation with you.

They've even posted in threads I made on the forum addressing my concerns, I would buy this game just because they deserve it.

Fully agree en masse customer support is tip of the iceberg. they actually do make jokes and conversate! the GM said "i put your ticket right on my desktop. I will monitor it and make sure your account is handled with care!"

en masse and trion are my new favorite companys.

Hero Evermore

I agree their staff is very helpful and funny.

Even their rules of conduct are humorously  written. http://tera.enmasse.com/rules-of-conduct/

I especially like rule number 1, TERA is a mature rated game. This means there are aspects of our design that make it that way. Mature does not mean you get to act like an ass. In fact, by its definition that would be immature.

@Nadaji

"tl;dr - play nice with others, don't be an ass!"

@Pivotelite ;

tl:dr here's a picture. :D 

Don't be an

I do my best.