Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Lord of the Rings Online: Update 6 Screens

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,643MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Turbine and the Lord of the Rings Online team have released a big batch of new screenshots from Update 6: Shores of the Great River. The new screens show off LOTRO’s new Soldier on Landscape feature which allows players to summon a skirmish companion in the field. It also allows players to customize the skirmish soldier to help players to take on every challenge.

Check out all of the new screens in our Lord of the Rings Online screenshot gallery.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• trancejeremytrancejeremy St. Louis, MOPosts: 1,222Member

Let me point out, it costs 100 turbine points an hour (Or $1) to summon the skirmish soldier on the landscape.

So it's only for those that plan to use it sparringly or are rich...

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• Flaming_MMOFlaming_MMO Jefferson, GAPosts: 137Member

Yeah, that decision totally killed whatever desire I had to come back and play. 

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Montreal, QCPosts: 531Member

Originally posted by trancejeremy

Let me point out, it costs 100 turbine points an hour (Or $1) to summon the skirmish soldier on the landscape.

Heh , wtf has the world come to?  Having to pay to summon?!  Oh well , good luck to Turbine.  Only thing they managed to innovate since release is the new concept of P2S = Pay 2 summon.  Pathetic.  Soon we'll have to P2C = Pay 2 Chat

• SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAPosts: 18,462Member Uncommon

IF that's true then that's horrible. Essentially, they hvae created a turbine point drain, sort of like a gold sink, for players with too many turbine points and of course a need to buy turbine points if you want to use this feature. Essentially it's become a store item.

• picanolpicanol Miami, FLPosts: 4Member

I am so dissapointed with LOTRO...been playing it for the past 3 years as I am a LOTR fan and collector of WETA and have enjoyed it. Lately it seems after the F2P their focus has been on the store. Last comment of pay 2 chat is not far from it. So now I find myself playing SWTOR which makes it difficult to return to LOTRO...however, I still have hopes that LOTRO will come through and make some positive changes...

• cagancagan new jersey, NJPosts: 281Member

UPDATE 6:

new mounts in the store!

new armor in the store!

pay to summon skirmish soldier!

new festival! The march pay to win festival! If you dont get the rare mount that drops from the festival games, go to the store and buy it!

no wonder i didnt login for more than 1 month....

• snapfusionsnapfusion San, CAPosts: 954Member

Originally posted by SuprGamerX

Originally posted by trancejeremy

Heh , wtf has the world come to?  Having to pay to summon?!  Oh well , good luck to Turbine.  Only thing they managed to innovate since release is the new concept of P2S = Pay 2 summon.  Pathetic.  Soon we'll have to P2C = Pay 2 Chat

Some games already have Pay 2 chat.