Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Firefall: Pretty and Fun

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Red5 Studios has sent out a new developer diary discussing world building for Firefall. The team reveals their goals for the game as well as the tools they use to make Firefall fun, interesting and beautiful for players.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Game looks v v good. To make the vid more interesting they should be on really high bar stools talking about firefall AND looking relaxed atst. image

• ClocksimusClocksimus Member Posts: 354

"and ah, Firefall comes out soon "

Beeen waiting too long pains me everytime i hear them talk about it coming soon.  Should have kept the game undergound for much longer.  People losing interest with other titles being announced after and still lunching before Firefall.

• ArquitetoArquiteto Member Posts: 228

Originally posted by Clocksimus

Beeen waiting too long pains me everytime i hear them talk about it coming soon.  Should have kept the game undergound for much longer.  People losing interest with other titles being announced after and still lunching before Firefall.

This 110%. Plus with the latest Planetside 2 GDC footage it really does make firefall far less exciting. 

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

haha so true ive lost interest. and pains me too to hear updates on this game like Diablo3.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Which game is goign to come out first, FF or PS2?  Been hearing about this game for a while, losing interest is right.  I think both are in closed beta? 

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591

If you guys sign up, on to the website, and the forums specificly, then log on each day, you have a high chance of getting into the games beta.

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591

The game itself isnt accualy launching for a long while, they have it in closed beta and are sending out waves of invites slowly but surely, as they send them out they are also patching the game adding more to it, and they are going to continue this till they feel they have enough people in the game and enough content for a full game to then say its fully open to play, untill then its beta invites and invites from current testers ala buddy keys.

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• Baio2kBaio2k Member UncommonPosts: 162

All of the game's content will be accessible without paying a penny, so yes, I'm intrigued. 

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,771

So many damn game options I don't know where to fit it all with the limited time I have in my life.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • MysunlightMysunlight Member UncommonPosts: 3

I'm having fun in beta. It's good to see they are opening up more of the world to test.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by Clocksimus

Agreed.  I had this one as number two on my list, right behind GW2.  Now it's pretty much off the radar.  Kind of felt strung along with the promise of beta, but it's been going on for months.  I just can't be bothered to stay with it.

• xenptxenpt Member Posts: 430

i have never seen or played firefall i don´t think it came out yet.
    But it seems fun for the images i´ve saw.

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532

looks great! i esecially like the way pvp maps blend into pve world.. and the fact that you can observe matches like you're in an arena! actually i wondered why no one did it like that ever since i played wow.

• FFgiantFFgiant Member Posts: 20

Now there are 15K players in the close beta and the testers number will expand again pretty soon.  I think they are right, one should only present a bug free fun game instead of rush out.

• TheMaelstromTheMaelstrom Member UncommonPosts: 393

Originally posted by Mysunlight

I'm having fun in beta. It's good to see they are opening up more of the world to test.

Hey Mysunlight. Any chance you can toss me a buddy invite? PM me if possible please. Thank you.

No godless person can comprehend those minute distinctions
    in doctrine that provide true believers excuse for mayhem.
    -Glen Cook