Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is why I play EVE! EPIC!!!! Check out the video!

drtack1drtack1 Member UncommonPosts: 273

The video below is a video of two corps that waged war for 2 years! Just watch the video and it explains all! Such an amazing story and the guy did an amazing editing job with the video! 

This type of depth in a game is why I play eve! Truely worth the watch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrYe_4vHzgE

Comments

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

yes, EvE without all the spread sheets actually looks pretty cool.....to bad you need all the spread sheets to play it.

• CalfisCalfis Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

yes, EvE without all the spread sheets actually looks pretty cool.....to bad you need all the spread sheets to play it.

I've actually never used excel to play EvE, what are these spreadsheets people keep talking about?

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775

I never understood what people mean when they say you need spreadsheets... as in literally spreadsheets or simply the UI? I never used spreadsheets for sure.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

There are gamers out there who actually enjoy more complicated games and min/max strategizing.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

Originally posted by Kuro1n

I never understood what people mean when they say you need spreadsheets... as in literally spreadsheets or simply the UI? I never used spreadsheets for sure.

both.

most of the UI looks like a spreadsheet, and if you really want to get seriously into EvE you need your own spreadsheets to keep strack of all your enterprises, as well as projections of future enterprises.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Watching, reading, or thinking about EVE is far more entertaining than playing EVE. I love this stuff, but trying to play that game is like pulling teeth, just sooo boring.

both.

most of the UI looks like a spreadsheet, and if you really want to get seriously into EvE you need your own spreadsheets to keep strack of all your enterprises, as well as projections of future enterprises.

What if all you do is pew pew?

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

both.

The UI has a lot of information to display, I don't think it looks anything like a spreadsheet.

The only time you need spreadsheets for Eve is if you're an industrialist or trader.  Combat pilots have no use for them.

Anyway, I don't see why you make it sound like that's a bad thing.  It's nice to have a game that requires planning and more than 4 brain cells to play.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

I've fought against Rooks and Kings on a couple occasions, very good pilots.

o/

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

THE HUNT FOR AHARM!

men a hunt on a scale i have never even heard of just finding a flaw to enter and then go on ,the sheer scare of this whole endeavor!wow just wow!gaming on a whole new level!i can not even begin to imagine the theorycrafting it took to find what that team was doing!good job guys!

men i hope we see more of this in the futur!

• SagasaintSagasaint Member UncommonPosts: 466

Originally posted by Calfis

I've actually never used excel to play EvE, what are these spreadsheets people keep talking about?

If you have played EvE you have been using excel. simple as that

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by Rusque

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Watching, reading, or thinking about EVE is far more entertaining than playing EVE. I love this stuff, but trying to play that game is like pulling teeth, just sooo boring.

Originally posted by Sagasaint

Originally posted by Calfis

If you have played EvE you have been using excel. simple as that

Nice troll attempt bro.

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

eve = very borrring combat.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Amazing piece of work the word epic does not justify what you guys did.

Eve will always have that special place inside me, no other mmo's comes this close to reality and the people leading fleets could easley do this in real life warfare and be on par with some of the best war generals.

I feel like i am missing alot, but what made me quit Eve was the skill training system and the long road of pain you had to endure to be on par with players with years of skill training.

Still Eve will always be that special mmo that no other mmo's come close to.

+10 from an old battlecruiser pilot :)

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608

This "I can't understand this game, so I'm gonna bash it" is getting old and it's plain stupid.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468

Originally posted by Mad+Dog

Did you even watch the video? What are you expecting, some button mashing extravaganza a-la Devil May Cry or God of War? Do you have any idea how tense things can get in that kind of fighting when you're trying to out-think and out-fight an intelligent opponent that isn't some brainless computer entity?

Where's the any key?

Originally posted by Kiljaedenas

Did you even watch the video? What are you expecting, some button mashing extravaganza a-la Devil May Cry or God of War? Do you have any idea how tense things can get in that kind of fighting when you're trying to out-think and out-fight an intelligent opponent that isn't some brainless computer entity?

Actually that's exactly what they're expecting.  You're trying to explain chess to the checkers crowd.

-- Herman Melville

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789

I find Eve combat a bit like Star Trek combat.

You just see the captain sitting in his chair giving orders and some other guys push buttons.

And ALWAYS a trick or good use of information wins the battle, not twitch skills.

I only played Eve for 1 week, to boring for me, but I HIGHLY respect the game and it's developers. It's a world and endless game. They are in it for the long haul. They don't release EVE 2 they just give it a new graphics engine.

Didn't watch the video by the way; to boring, haha.

both.

Not really, I have many friends who played the game for many years and the only ones who uses it are the ones who like to manufacture things and they do it for their own sake, its not required at all just makes it easier but the same can be said for L2 when you run a clan for example. Did you try the game?

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

Originally posted by dave6660

Actually that's exactly what they're expecting.  You're trying to explain chess to the checkers crowd.

Don't flatter yourself. EVE is hardly chess, and if it's combat had anywhere near the depth that people like to pretend it does, I'd be gladly playing it.

Don't flatter yourself. EVE is hardly chess, and if it's combat had anywhere near the depth that people like to pretend it does, I'd be gladly playing it.

So what is it people are claiming then and what is it you consider it to be? The game requires quite a lot of information for knowing what to engage and how to engage it as well as some skill obviously.

Originally posted by thekid1

I find Eve combat a bit like Star Trek combat.

You just see the captain sitting in his chair giving orders and some other guys push buttons.

And ALWAYS a trick or good use of information wins the battle, not twitch skills.

I only played Eve for 1 week, to boring for me, but I HIGHLY respect the game and it's developers. It's a world and endless game. They are in it for the long haul. They don't release EVE 2 they just give it a new graphics engine.

Didn't watch the video by the way; to boring, haha.

you should have watched the video!the fight wasnt the mian event!it was the road and the explaining to get there that was epic!imagine ,nobody could get to a specific area of space because of a lot of trick they had to find a way in.that alone was epic .it is understated because the sheer scale of the whole endeavor is a nightmare of epic proprtion .then once they made themselves a door they tried to fight the other but more trick came against them luckylly they were able to capture a vessal and that is when the epic proportion came in ,they reverse engineered ,the ship and after consideration came to a conclusion ,submited it to ccp!asked for permission to counter that in the end ccp closed that whole , i bet those hidding in the wormhole trick werent too happy!anyway .view the video!it is worth it !dont listen to the fight at the end but just till prior to the fight!

the combat itself is hardly rewarding!BUT THE INSANE LENGHT THEY HAD TO GO TO TO FIND the cheater.cause in the end it was a cheat that is why nobody could touch them!

• Jaco1101Jaco1101 Member Posts: 37

Melo dramatic.  Dude's Brittish voice makes it seem all the more Jean Luke Picard (spelling) like.  Go play eve if you want.  Your journey will not be narrated in such an epic fashion.  lol