Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera VS GuildWars 2

Comments

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Originally posted by maxiime223

Originally posted by Nadya3

In the long run, TERA will just be another grindfest mmo.

The real question is:  Archeage VS Guildwars 2

i hate to burst your bouble but you are highly missinformed.  Tera isen't grindy at all

I can't consider your argument valuable. Not with as many gammar mistakes.

lol

• CorruptedCorrupted Member Posts: 310

i hate to burst your bouble but you are highly missinformed.  Tera isen't grindy at all

grammar*

• maxiime223maxiime223 Member Posts: 94

Originally posted by Corrupted

grammar*

*Oops* I feel stupid... But that was me  typing too fast. Not me unable to speak English properly.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

gw2, biggest letdown of the decade. get a beta key, you will see lol. ill take tera anyday and if you have read the changes that will be in the live version you will see this game is fully headed into the right direction.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• Originally posted by Requiamer

Also i don't want to be negative, but its pretty clear Tera is a grind fest similar to Aion, maybe i'm wrong who knows image

Yes you are indeed wrong.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Originally posted by Elloa

Hello Everyone,

I wonder what do you think about those 2 future game. i've not got teh chance to get a beta key, so I'm just exploring the net searching for all information i can for those game.

I'd like to find a home in the MMO world, to replace World of Warcraft (my susbscription end in september), and both game attract me very much. I'm also playing Rift that I enjoy and Minecraft, so I'll have to make a choice.

Guild Wars seem more RolePlay oriented, while Tera is probably more oriented arround fight and combat. Both game seem beautiful and attractive in their own way.

What do you think? Where it would be possible to reinstall a community ?

I honestly feel GW2 is going to be the biggest hit since WoW.  Tera is fine if you like traditional Themepark clone with minimal innovation and certain Asian quirks but will prolly do no better then Rift or SWTOR if not worse.  These are my honest opnions after CBT3 this weekend.  I just dont like alot of what is Tera and never will but those are my assessments so its best to come to come to your own.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

Originally posted by deziwright

gw2, biggest letdown of the decade. get a beta key, you will see lol. ill take tera anyday and if you have read the changes that will be in the live version you will see this game is fully headed into the right direction.

But....But what if I end up liking both? Will my head explode?

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868

Tera is basically a themepark MMO with action combat and the same item grind in the end as most other games have right now. If you like the themepark model, it may work for you, but for most people who are getting tired of it and want something new it just won't fly. The questing feels dated, the UI is cumbersome and unintuitive, the combat animations root you in place and even in the starting areas it reuses alot of the same models for mobs. This is not to mention that Tera is already doing poorly in the East and pretty much every MMO that starts in the East does not do well when it comes over to the West. So if it is already not doing well over there, issues are gonna be much worse here. The graphic style is also hit or miss if you are not an anime fan. I would also like to add that beta feedback has not been overly positive, which is very bad. Some of the biggest "failures" in terms of retention after a few months were well recieved in beta.

Guild Wars 2 has a huge following and will sell off hype alone since the box is the only cost. Honestly, all the other stuff aside, that almost speaks for itself here. We have seen how many people try new MMOs..trying GW2 is the same thing is staying subbed to another game. The price is probably the biggest win for GW2 vs any other game. GW2 is more about a fun game not relying on the "carrot on a stick"  mentality most MMOs have. It is about getting in and playing with your friends without any kind of restriction. It sounds more casual by nature, but the competitive parts of the game will stand out for those who like to be more hardcore. 

This is my most logical idea I can come with for GW2 vs Tera. As for me, to be brutally honest: GW2 won't even be in the same league as Tera and it will probably be swept under the sea of GW2 + SWTOR content patches + D3 players. Even if it launches smoothly no one will care or give it a second look, in my opinion. A smooth launch doesn't mean jack these days anyways.

• Dixie14dfDixie14df Member Posts: 7

While Tera is probably more oriented arround fight and combat. Both game seem beautiful and attractive in their own way.

• ComfyChairComfyChair Member Posts: 758

GW2 for me. TERA looks like it needs some fixing from what i've played so far. TERA's primary focus is combat, and GW2 simply has it beaten in that (yes, i've played GW2 at a convention :p), never mind everything else.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Originally posted by Dixie14df

While Tera is probably more oriented arround fight and combat. Both game seem beautiful and attractive in their own way.

I don't think that's anywhere near enough of a distinction.

Both games are very much combat oriented. GW2 is also focusing on other areas, though.

As for combat, the systems function very differently from one another, with both being very action oriented.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Seems like they are pretty different in most ways.  I look forward to playing both.  One with subs, one without.  I will probably play GW2 like I play GW, on and off for years.  Tera seems like a game I would play for 2-3 months, take a break and maybe go back or maybe not depending on what I am craving.

• KeshanberkKeshanberk Member Posts: 81

Originally posted by ktchnflrrpst

TERA is shit, it has screamy colorful graphics that shits colors like polar bear shits shit after devouring a bunch of one several school kids. It's main attraction is shitty combat, the female gender of the races attracts pedophiles (Elin), hebephiles (Catanics) and grown men with the mentality of young boys that can't handle real women (Elves).

TERA is a sexual repressed themepark where forever virgins or future rapists fingerbang the tip of their cocks while playing, it offers nothing good, the PvP system is crap, the PvE is crap. It's not innovative what so ever, oh what that's? It's an action MMO where you target your abilities with the help of a reticle? WTF SHIT DUDES?! THERE'S HUNDREDS OF GAMES THAT ARE LIKE THAT, THAT AREN'T MMORPG's... Guess why? Because it sucks balls.

GW2 on the other hand, fucking awesome game bitches! It's a social co-operative game where everyone can contribute and get credit, no shitbag outdated tag-get-N-kill/do-most-damage-N-get credit . It's a fucking game for social people, with an aim for a well balanced PvP that suits the masses like LoL.

There will be shitloads of shitty cunts player GW2 and a shitloads of shitty nice cunts, GW2 will shit bags all over shitbag TERA.

I have yet to experience an erection while playing TERA. I have, however, experienced some amazing teamwork and combat versus the world bosses and big ass monsters.

edit: I've played League of Legends -- it went from a fun teamwork-oriented game and turned into an overly competitive trollfest.

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

it isnt obvious gw2 all the way KOR game never shine in NA plus terra is alrdy  a year  old

• leroysgleroysg Member UncommonPosts: 97

I had tested Tera CBT4 for few hours since the server came up live and somewhat it  doesn't gave me the thrill and fun i experienced from Raiderz alpha test (given the same hours of gameplay from  the moment I irst log in).

Tera graphic looks to me like AION and with that anime kawakii cutie feels. Gameplay start to bored me even from level 1.  Not sure how to put it you all but imo, the game itself not worth to be P2P.

On the other hand, Raiderz surprized me alot and caught my attention in both graphic and gameplay. Despite Raiderz is a F2P but It able get me enjoy the process of testing from it it current alpha stage. Then untill i realized i was level 21 enjoy every single moment in Catacomb. (potiential to be a P2P model, ack..too bad) 

*EDIT: ooh btw i never tried GW2 before but already do not like the idea of having a cash shop in P2P model*

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

you say it yourself you dont like the idea on shop on p2p wish is not the case of gw2 ,gw2 is f2p just buy game and no sub is free whit micros. to suport the game 

• EmrendilEmrendil Member Posts: 199

I only played Tera beta, and so far I was only impressed by graphic engine and combat system. I think "overall" GW2 will be a better game.

• LordRelicLordRelic Member Posts: 281

lol i love how people complain about quests.   Gw2 will still have the same quests (kill X 5 times, Get me 10 of this etc..) all they did is get rid of the middle man (ie: the npc to give quest) and have the change stay for a little bit then it reverts back to what it was so others can make the change too.  Granted  These twists  will make it feel more heroic and like your actually making a differance in the world.  But in the end all they are, are twists of the same old stuff.

And as for the OP  I will probably be playing both Tera for the action combat system ( witch is awesome btw)  and Gw2 for the unique yet familiar  feel it will bring.

• Lionheart23Lionheart23 Member Posts: 17

It's like asking what's better between a gold necklace and a slinky...

• vilkonvilkon Member Posts: 14

GW2 will win out at the end of the day. There is good bunch of unique things that you can't find in Tera or any other game. So I will be investing heavily into it.

• AnkurAnkur Member Posts: 334

Originally posted by vilkon

GW2 will win out at the end of the day. There is good bunch of unique things that you can't find in Tera or any other game. So I will be investing heavily into it.

Uniqueness doesn't guarantee fun.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

I don t know how to answer this except, huh. Thats like comparing an Oh Henry to a turd.

• Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784

B2P > P2P. Simple as that.

• ScyfoScyfo Member Posts: 7

I was very excited about Tera, I thought It would be great, until I made it into the betas (I was in 3 and 5)

The combat system is not as amazing as people say it is, no where near the quality of Darksiders or Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, and I know they are not MMOs but still they market this game as True Action Comat..or something like that, the combat is not that fluid, it does no't feel right, most of the time it is the same move over and over with dodging and pressing space bar between attacks.

I dislike the graphics style. Even thought it does have some high quality graphics, the art is too bright and unrealistic for me, I perfer the graphics in Rift or Guild Wars (Especially Guild Wars 2).

The questing system is copy paste from the "How to make the same MMO everyone has made or is making" hand book, see an exclamation mark, don't read any of the text, follow the things on the map and quest tracker, do not learn lore (unless there is a cutscene). I'm sorry I gave up on quest text years ago (exept in Guild Wars because I love the Lore).

One other annoying feature that the game has is the lack of individual loot tables and mob sharing (like in Guild Wars 2)

Now I could go on but I'd like to point out some good things.

1. Unique races the Poproi, the Ellin and the Aman - these are very nice I like the races.

2. I've been told the grouping and big moster events are quite fun (I've not done any grouping in the betas) Rifts will be added soon too the other version, I think they will make it's way to the NA version one day...

3. The graphics will appeal to a lot of people (not me of course).

Now I do not want to write that much about Guild Wars 2 because I find that it looks outstanding (Personal Stories, Guild Wars lore, Dynamic Events and WvW to name just a few) and the fact that there is no costs after buying the game (unless you want to spend money in the store) I pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 and I see it being a huge success.

I hope this helps :) (sorry for spelling mistakes it's late)

Pleas note, this is my personal opinion (duh lol)

By all means test it out you may love it where I dislike it.

There's my 5 cents (don't have 1 cent pieces in Australia).