Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera online Appeal to most female players

Comments

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

Some pretty outdated thinking being displayed.

Women like a variety of things in games, CHOICES people.

Give a game to a woman that lets her "dress" her character in any way she chooses & you are onto something, of course the rest of the game still has to be fun & engaging, have some humour, some cuteness & all the other elements that make for entertainment, but for an avatar to really appeal to women they need lots of choices, & those choices should be able to reflect ....MOODS.

Good mood, bad mood, sad mood, happy mood, kicking butt mood, sexy mood, etc etc etc

All about the emotional connections for Women.  they like a great deal of the same things men do, if sometimes from different perspectives.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Originally posted by Mesfenlir

Same as me. Besides there are no female poporis.

Elins are female Poporis. They just do plenty of body waxing.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Originally posted by Pivotelite

Originally posted by Loke666

That´s funny, I thought the fact that it is impossible to find a female armor where you can´t see the panties under would turn off female gamers.

I guess that just shows that i don´t really know what female gamers want. :(

I talked to one girl who said she enjoyed the skimpy armor and said that if her character had the body to show some skin why not show it. Lol, we may never know what girls want.

May? We WILL never know what women want. Women often don't even know what they want.

All die, so die well.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Originally posted by Gardavsshade

Originally posted by Nadya3

20 of my rl girl friends, are going to be playing Tera, they all seem to be loving the game.  the funny thing is that most of them  never played a MMO before.

so if you are looking for a MMO to play with your wifes or girlfriends, sisters, mothers or cousins.  you could introduce Tera to them. 

i have been a veteran MMO gamer myself for quite sometime now,  and i most confess this is the first time i've been so eager and excited about playing game.

The product TERA is the subject in a Lawsuit that claims the source code for TERA is stolen property.

No one should be promoting this MMO until the legal procedings are completely finished.

Hello Mr. NCSoft Marketing Guy.  Nice try.

Try this instead. They were already and even successfully sued in Korea. And yet the game is still running there. They will not get shutdown here. Best NCSoft will get is a payout.

All die, so die well.

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Originally posted by Xasapis

When I was younger I used to play male avatars exclusively. Back then I was considering the avatars a virtual representation of myself in the world. These days I play female avatars exclusively. They are characters that I care in a virtual world, it's easier for me to feel empathic to a female avatar than a male one.

I still do that most of the time, but i'll roll female character depending on how the class i want to play looks. Like in flyff i rolled female assist coz i didn't like how male assist looked. It was funny because i had other female get jealous at me.... i was like in 8th grade back than so i didn't even understood wtf they were talking about but when i look back on it now it was pretty funny. The kicker was i expected everyone to think i was male, but no one did. So lesson to be learned, everyone is VERY nice to female healers lol.

Originally posted by R.I.O.T

Originally posted by forest-nl

Hhm... i somehow don't believe OP with his claim of 20 girlfriends gonne play TERA?, i smell a trick luring more boys to game becouse they think behind every female character plays a realy girl and gues what those boys get excited about hehe.

Publishing trick get more male to game.

Lol. This may be true...

Pictures or vent in game, or this is a scam, just-kidding... You'll never know whos behind the screen of any character, though if they say they're of female gender, I'd keep a questionable but optimistic approach...Until proven other-wise. Heh

I pretty much assume everyone is a guy unless proven other wise with vent or skpye or something. Picture doesn't count unless you ask them to speicficly hold a sign. Even than you never know if they ask some one to do it, so vent/skpe/video chat to prove it other wise i assume all guys. Just easier that way.

Originally posted by forest-nl

Hhm... i somehow don't believe OP with his claim of 20 girlfriends gonne play TERA?, i smell a trick luring more boys to game becouse they think behind every female character plays a realy girl and gues what those boys get excited about hehe.

Publishing trick get more male to game.

we are all from the same college,  aside from that. we are all members of a Sims 3 modding fansite.   there are tons of girls who play the sims, believe it or not.

only 5 of us have played MMO before though

Sims 3 o.- arg the sims games feel more like work than a game, because your alway catering to their needs XD

Originally posted by VikingGamer

Hello Mr. NCSoft Marketing Guy.  Nice try.

Try this instead. They were already and even successfully sued in Korea. And yet the game is still running there. They will not get shutdown here. Best NCSoft will get is a payout.

It failed, they sued the first time successfuly and got back all the hard ware and soft ware and few people were going to prison. However the cased was appealed in appeal court later so these people didn't go to prison. So technicaly they failed XD

• Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369

Originally posted by karmath

That´s funny, I thought the fact that it is impossible to find a female armor where you can´t see the panties under would turn off female gamers.

Any man who said they knew anything about females, yet alone those who play mmos is a liar =)

Wow, such naiveity right there. I'm guessing your under 20.

• CorisanCorisan Member Posts: 4

To the OP:

Maybe because Tera provides a lot of character costumization and the clothing is more to their liking. Character modelling is great and the options you get can be pretty satisfying. I guess that from a female point of view this can all be very appealing.

• girdisordergirdisorder Member UncommonPosts: 45

Know what would really sell some copies? If it had vampires! ... Honestly, the game is eye candy; of course girls are going to give it a second  look. You think 99% of women gave Age of Cocan a second look? It doesn't have much to do with women wearing relieving clothing but more about it beingKAWAII-DESUd'^_^'bAMGCUTEGIRLZ

• DredphyreDredphyre Member Posts: 601

20 of my rl girl friends, are going to be playing Tera, they all seem to be loving the game.  the funny thing is that most of them  never played a MMO before.

so if you are looking for a MMO to play with your wifes or girlfriends, sisters, mothers or cousins.  you could introduce Tera to them. 

i have been a veteran MMO gamer myself for quite sometime now,  and i most confess this is the first time i've been so eager and excited about playing game.

20 of your RL gfs? Really? lol.  You almost had me hooked on this clever marketing gimick, but you picked a number that was too large.  If you had puzzled over your '3 RL girlfriends' and let your sockpuppets pile on with concurring anecdotes, it would have been more convincing.

Originally posted by girdisorder

Know what would really sell some copies? If it had vampires! ... Honestly, the game is eye candy; of course girls are going to give it a second  look. You think 99% of women gave Age of Cocan a second look? It doesn't have much to do with women wearing relieving clothing but more about it beingKAWAII-DESUd'^_^'bAMGCUTEGIRLZ

yes we definaly need some Vampire, grab all the twilight fan to the RP server. Been serious here i mean imaging the amount of people we woul get to play Tera if it has sparking vampire and Justin Bieber..... or a sparking Justin Bieber thats a vampir i'm a genus =D

Serious though add the vampire they are epic =D and dragons too can't forget those (first english fire emblem for game boy advance, the dancer aka dragon chick was hot)

Originally posted by Kyleran

I call shenanigans, I'll bet most MMORPG players can't name 20 actual real life people who play MMORPG's, much less 20 female friends who do. image

MMORPG players interfacing with real life friends, c'mon, more believable that its raining cats and dogs outside right now.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who saw past the b.s.  A clever marketing gimmick to be sure: Create a rumor/narrative that TERA is a game with lots of girls playing it.  Watch as hundreds of thousands of desperate gamer dudes flock to said game.

Originally posted by Dreadblade

It seems the forums have quite a few girls playing the game as well, some girls started up a girl fansite for TERA and our small guild already got 3 girl applicants, one left the guild though.

Maybe its the races, or the detailed armor, or pretty landscape...I dont know, seems to be a lot of girls playing TERA.

Hey pivot which server type are you rolling on and are ya still looking for people? As for the women playing my wife still rolls her eyes when I am playing and calls me weird so go figure.

<chuckles> hook meet line and sinker.

Originally posted by Dredphyre

I call shenanigans, I'll bet most MMORPG players can't name 20 actual real life people who play MMORPG's, much less 20 female friends who do. image

MMORPG players interfacing with real life friends, c'mon, more believable that its raining cats and dogs outside right now.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who saw past the b.s.  A clever marketing gimmick to be sure: Create a rumor/narrative that TERA is a game with lots of girls playing it.  Watch as hundreds of thousands of desperate gamer dudes flock to said game.

right coz the chance of meeting 20 female players in about o lets say possibly 200k-500k is very high. Dude the OP made a post wondering if people had the same idea. If it was for fucking marketing it would have went some where were hell lot more people would have seen it, you know like the fucking EME forum where it lot easier to convience people to play Tera than here -.-

Originally posted by rexzshadow

right coz the chance of meeting 20 female players in about o lets say possibly 200k-500k is very high. Dude the OP made a post wondering if people had the same idea. If it was for fucking marketing it would have went some where were hell lot more people would have seen it, you know like the fucking EME forum where it lot easier to convience people to play Tera than here -.-

must have hit pretty close to the mark to get you all riled up. L2viralmarketing?

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

must have hit pretty close to the mark to get you all riled up. L2viralmarketing?

Probably image

while there are definitely female players of MMO's i must admit i do find the idea that they would somehow flock to Tera as being somewhat laughable, and also ignores a basic fact that quite often female players will have male toons, but given the preponderance of male players with female toons, turnabout is fair play right image

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

But I was told from a reliable source that there are no girls on the internet, so how would that work out, OP?

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

I thought the girl gamer infatuation fad was passé.

I do remember a number of alleged females back from my Ragnarok days. It's evident that the cutesy asian style does tend to draw them in.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

20 of my rl girl friends

I lol'd.  Either RL doesn't stand for what you think it does, or you are BSing.  (and yes I know this is a girl)

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by MMOarQQ

I thought the girl gamer infatuation fad was passé.

I do remember a number of alleged females back from my Ragnarok days. It's evident that the cutesy asian style does tend to draw them in.

oh so true, because after all what girl doesnt enjoy looking at female toons in next to nothing skimpy armour..  image

miss the broad side of the barn =D i been following this game for over 2 year, pre-order pretty much right after they announced it. And trust me i stay away from internet relationship. Have lots of friend who set some very good example on why internet relation over game never works out.

• stormseekazstormseekaz Member UncommonPosts: 168

Have you ever been to a 17-29 year old aged Halloween party?  Girls love to dress that way anytime they can get away with it.

Its the immersion loving, roleplay server rolling male gamers like myself who have the beef with the panties.

Ok, a caster with exposed panties, I'll tolerate it.  But platemail + exposed panties?  Thats immersion breaking.

Thats like having a platemail chest peice on a female, with boob sockets cut out, like Janet Jacksons superbowl outfit.  Why would any platemail wearer in their right mind expose their breasts?  Same thing with panties.  If the platemail greaves chafe that bad, get some goat butter or whatever lubricant they use.

p.s. I am a En Masse Preorderer.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

The product TERA is the subject in a Lawsuit that claims the source code for TERA is stolen property.

No one should be promoting this MMO until the legal procedings are completely finished.

Why do people still spew this nonsense? It was resolved a long time ago, En Masse even stated it would not affect the release of the game.

Do you have a link of the outcome please?

As far as I was aware it was not resolved though they have lost in Korea (and lost one appeal too) and one of the directors is actually in prison as a result. Is that incorrect?

Originally posted by Gorilla

Why do people still spew this nonsense? It was resolved a long time ago, En Masse even stated it would not affect the release of the game.

As far as I was aware it was not resolved though they have lost in Korea (and lost one appeal too) and one of the directors is actually in prison as a result. Is that incorrect?

They lost the case and won the appeal. Right now its like at Korea's highest court for a while, look pretty much like a dead end. As for one of the director in prison i don't think so since the case was appealed.

I talked to one girl who said she enjoyed the skimpy armor and said that if her character had the body to show some skin why not show it. Lol, we may never know what girls want.

This is heading toward pretty thin ice (this 'argument' has been used for pretty nasty crimes against women). Your naive response suggests you don't have much experience of women. Incidentally 'girls' are not really what the thread is about they are as small a subset of the demographic as boys. They also do not tend to have their own disposable income either so what they play will be determined by the 'grown ups'.

There are really two questions, do women mind sexual objectification and does terra sexualy objectify? Lets not even get into sexual obejectification of adolecents.

It dosen't bother me but seems clear from all the posts about it that it bothers some people (both male and female). I know that I would be selective in who I played it in front of.

Originally posted by Gorilla

They lost the case and won the appeal. Right now its like at Korea's highest court for a while, look pretty much like a dead end. As for one of the director in prison i don't think so since the case was appealed.

I read that they did not loose the appeal. The court found they had stolen the code but they mitigated what the potential damage to NCSoft was? In short they where found guiltyand the guy is in prison. The only think the appeal mitigated was damages.

What about in the US?