Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of WarPlanes: First World of WarPlanes Gameplay Trailer Debuts

AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

The first gameplay trailer for World of WarPlanes has been released by Wargaming.net. The trailer shows in-game alpha footage for the game. Dogfights, rolls, tricks, and all around airborne action and combat are the rules of the day. World of WarPlanes is PvP-centric and free to play just like its predecessor, World of Tanks.

You can apply to the closed alpha over at WorldofWarPlanes.com.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

Comments

• Bicknell55Bicknell55 Member UncommonPosts: 73

I'm Impressed!

Bick

• NakedFuryNakedFury Member UncommonPosts: 411

damn. I like world of tanks but im gonna enjoy this more.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

"I'm to close for missiles, switching to guns!""

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

I hope this doesn't turn into joke with gold ammo.

Guess we'll wait and see.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Originally posted by MMOarQQ

Are you kidding, don't see how they can keep it out of the game.  Just another pay-to-win game.  Don't understand how these companies can think good pvp depends on the wallet.  

• SuraknarSuraknar Member UncommonPosts: 852

Looks good, I do not think it will require many skills or respond like a Flight Simulator taking under account all kinds of Air Dynamics, but it could be fun as WoT in its own Arcade style way.

- Duke Suraknar -
    Order of the Silver Star, OSS

ESKA, Playing MMORPG's since Ultima Online 1997 - Order of the Silver Serpent, Atlantic Shard
  • WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Umm, you very rarely run into gold ammo as a regular tanker.  Gold ammo is generally only used in clan wars, tournaments or other special things because it's expensive.  It's not viable to use all the time.  For the most part I would say that WoT is not pay-to-win, and I don't think WoWP will be either.  Yes someone could be using it all the time, but it's their money to waste, gold ammo is not the end all/be all.  It gives you a slight advantage, it's not worth it unless you need a slight advantage.

What sucks is their matchmaking system.  That is how they make their money.  It's set up so that you feel week generally, so you will want to buy a premium tank (even though they aren't that great, cept for the Type59 which isn't being sold anymore) or premium time to compete.  Also in the high tiers, you almost have to have premium account if you want to make money or break even..or be forced to run lower teirs constantly.  I am sure this game will be the same as WoT, but I am looking forward to it regardless, love WW2 stuff :D

• StarkStark Member Posts: 119

Well a plane shoots 100 times more ammo than a tank so gold ammo would never work. Like the other guy said gold ammo is rarely used in regular battles.

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

Originally posted by Ozmodan

Originally posted by MMOarQQ

Are you kidding, don't see how they can keep it out of the game.  Just another pay-to-win game.  Don't understand how these companies can think good pvp depends on the wallet.  

Agree!

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

The trailer music was excellent, but alas, if im not sat in the cockpit I'm not interested in the game.

I'll bet the game doesnt even support analogue joysticks..

• ZebraFinchZebraFinch Member Posts: 27

It's going to be the same as WOT .. in WOT, as soon as you get to Tier 9 tanks, you will lose more credit than you could make back (per match) to fix your tank/buy upgrades/buy ammo.. there will be no way around that making credit issue except buying a gold tank.. or grinding tier 5/6/7 tanks to death, which is almost impossible because of their insanly flawed matching system which puts you against tanks much much higher than you that could 1 hit you and you can't do crap back at them..

• JohnShieldsJohnShields Member Posts: 35

World of Planes is going to DOMINATE World of Warplanes. I just wished they would change their name or demand the other company to. Confusing for a lot of people.

• cerveaucerveau Member UncommonPosts: 6

just a re-hash of MS CFS3 and how many years ago was that ?

cept with pay to win