Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Last CBT4 Patch Day

CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

As CBT4 rolls to a close XLGames continues to add and modify things. The Current patch adds an Auction Hall, a Ballista(?), crafting and play balances, new mount variants, and much more.

Thanks to Entaro over on ArcheAge Source for linking these: (Google Translate rather sucks)

http://archeagesource.com/topic/496-cbt-4-patch-notes/page__view__findpost__p__10134

Comments

• kantseemekantseeme Member Posts: 709

Im not happy there adding an Aucton House. Iv hated the idea of them since the first time i saw them. I hope this doesent go into live verson but chances are they will add them. I just hope they allow players to set up shops where ever they want. small stands to look through is the best. searching for those items you didnt even know you wanted. Please let the players set up stands to sell there wares and not just posting non stop on the AH.

• camil82camil82 Member UncommonPosts: 50

that wouldnt be good, if you can place a shop everywhere you want the game will always have lag because the sellers and buyers will be around and game will lag like hell from many objects around, if they want shops then make only a area there you can open a shop for selling and buying, or at best its auction house.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Originally posted by kantseeme

Im not happy there adding an Aucton House. Iv hated the idea of them since the first time i saw them. I hope this doesent go into live verson but chances are they will add them. I just hope they allow players to set up shops where ever they want. small stands to look through is the best. searching for those items you didnt even know you wanted. Please let the players set up stands to sell there wares and not just posting non stop on the AH.

Having stands or shops would be cool(like we had in SWG), but as I recall when they allow players to set-up vendors without stands or shops, player vendors end up just spread out all over a town square spamming their wares.   I'd much rather see an auction house if it will cut down on a town square from being bogged down by hundreds of vendor bots spamming chat channels.

taking the player shops out of the game takes people out of the world. Sure it can be troublsome with spamers and bots but thats what we need the devs for. To police that type of situation. And sure theres goin to be lag. There always is. Imo player owned shops truly adds the the feel of a "Community"  and is that feel that attracts me to these games.

AHs are to me just like Instances. People are alowd to just put there wears up and log out for 2 days. No i would have no porblem with AH if the cost to do buisness through it cost more then say a player owned shop. Say a player owned shop would pay 5% tax compared to 20% tax for useing the AH. That i can get my mind around.

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

Originally posted by Teala

Having stands or shops would be cool(like we had in SWG), but as I recall when they allow players to set-up vendors without stands or shops, player vendors end up just spread out all over a town square spamming their wares.   I'd much rather see an auction house if it will cut down on a town square from being bogged down by hundreds of vendor bots spamming chat channels.

Yep, back in EQ1 with East Commons tunnel spamming chat. Town square in Perfect World... shudder.  While it would be nice to have personal merchants, with out som AH like advertizing or centralized shop location no one would ever be able to find what they wanted or sell either.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Global AH :(

ouch a big let down. Damn, it sounded all to well.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Is there going to be anymore closed betas or is the next step the release of the game?
  • AmateAmate Member Posts: 88

Originally posted by DarthRaiden

Most dissapointing patch so far 8(

Hope they change it. Make it only region based or something.

i wonder what there saying over at XL about the feedback from the patch. i would like to see what the Korean forums look like in responce to the AH add =)/

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

1 vendor per account. (not character)

+ allowing vendors only in certain places (or disallowing in certain palces whatever fits better) 

problem solved

Sadly AH seem to articially centralize economy and trading and I hate those :(

Originally posted by Amate

yeah region based + massive (like 30-50%) tax-fee on transaction in AH. would be nice

• KholeKhole Member CommonPosts: 136

When is the game being released in korea and will there be an ip block?

Is there going to be anymore closed betas or is the next step the release of the game?

There are 4 more races and their homeland areas to release, Dwaves, Fairy, Warborn and Returned... at least going by original comments that is. The core mechanics seem to be in place, needing tweaking and rounding out yes, but they all seem to exist.

There were tickest handed out to some players for what they believe will be CBT5, maybe OBT1?

Originally posted by fenistil

yeah region based + massive (like 30-50%) tax-fee on transaction in AH. would be nice

According to the patch notes the listing price seems to be 10% of the asking price,  so no throwing up a L1 dagger for 10million with out it costing you a ton to do so.

Originally posted by CyclopsSlay

Originally posted by fenistil

According to the patch notes the listing price seems to be 10% of the asking price,  so no throwing up a L1 dagger for 10million with out it costing you a ton to do so.

Yea but that's was not what I wanted to avoid by tax.

More like encourage and promote player shops sales instead of AH.

Want AH 'conveniance' ? - pay much more. 

That  was reasoning behind my proposition.

It was not directed at stopping spam.

Besides those 10% seem to be returnable 'deposit' rather than tax.

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

Global AH would be tolerable if there was no RMT. However, if RMT companies manage to farm enough gold in ArcheAge, all someone has to do is start putting items up on the AH at stupid prices and others will follow.  you will always get someone who will buy it which means the economy is forever screwed, then people start saying ' ah why doesn't XLGames fix this ' blah blah.

So yeah, don't bother taking the risk. It would be nice to go from town to town to find the best prices, different and rare items.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

After playing FFXIV I am relieved that they have added an AH. As a player you could spend countless hours hunting 1 measily little item. Then they added a seach feature to the wards, which essentially made it a crappy AH. you still had to go on a hunt to find the retainer. I love me a good timesink and a good grind, but hunting hours for someone selling an item thats really an unnessecary timesink in an MMO.

AH's are not immersion breakers. Instant AH transactions maybe, but a good mail system fixes that.  I would like to say AH's would help curb ganking in fears of being rejected and not being able to enter town, but those people will just use alts.

IMO a AH is a needed feature for any convintional MMO. 

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

Originally posted by PsychoPigeon

Global AH would be tolerable if there was no RMT. However, if RMT companies manage to farm enough gold in ArcheAge, all someone has to do is start putting items up on the AH at stupid prices and others will follow.  you will always get someone who will buy it which means the economy is forever screwed, then people start saying ' ah why doesn't XLGames fix this ' blah blah.

So yeah, don't bother taking the risk. It would be nice to go from town to town to find the best prices, different and rare items.

This.

The days of looking through shops for gear and trinkets seem to be over and its a damn shame. Finding great deals from player vendors was a great feeling. Talking with vendors that farmed for mats to make future deals with. The AH is just something else that kills the community.

Im so sick of playing games that dont focus of community building. If there has to be an AH make those who post items up there pay a higher tax for the convenience. im talking 20% - 25%. Something to deter people from useing it. people would still use it for convenience but would promote players to set up shops to avoid the added cost.

This.

The days of looking through shops for gear and trinkets seem to be over and its a damn shame. Finding great deals from player vendors was a great feeling. Talking with vendors that farmed for mats to make future deals with. The AH is just something else that kills the community.

Im so sick of playing games that dont focus of community building. If there has to be an AH make those who post items up there pay a higher tax for the convenience. im talking 20% - 25%. Something to deter people from useing it. people would still use it for convenience but would promote players to set up shops to avoid the added cost.

There are many more features that have a much bigger negative impact on a community than an AH.  (btw I am 100% against a global AH, I think they need to be limited to major faction cities, selling stuff to enemy factions doesnt make a lot of sense.)

FFXI had AH's and IMO one of the strongest communities of any MMO to date. So IMO your being to harsh on the effects of an AH in regaurds to the community.  There are many more ways to embrace community building, than by removing a core MMORPG feature.

As for the RMT issue. Ya sure RMT will benifit from an AH, no denying it, becasue I saw it in XI. But RMT will always find a way, its just the nature of MMO's. even without AH's people know the going rate of items, youll see RMT shouts selling the rare item, and with that will set the standard for selling that item, and non RMT people will sell for roughly the same price.

Another aspect that i saw from lack of an AH in XIV is: this is the age of the internet, 3rd party sites will start poping up, essentially functioning as an AH, like it did with FFXIVpro.com. I dont want to spend hours upon hours hunting 1 item, and I hate the fact that if I dont want to do that I have to go to a 3rd party site looking for someone selling the item I need. I realize that a choice on my part but many players take the path of least resistance, wheather they like to or not. Im not going to handicap myself.

• DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337

Originally posted by toddze

This.

There are many more features that have a much bigger negative impact on a community than an AH.  (btw I am 100% against a global AH, I think they need to be limited to major faction cities, selling stuff to enemy factions doesnt make a lot of sense.)

FFXI had AH's and IMO one of the strongest communities of any MMO to date. So IMO your being to harsh on the effects of an AH in regaurds to the community.  There are many more ways to embrace community building, than by removing a core MMORPG feature.

As for the RMT issue. Ya sure RMT will benifit from an AH, no denying it, becasue I saw it in XI. But RMT will always find a way, its just the nature of MMO's. even without AH's people know the going rate of items, youll see RMT shouts selling the rare item, and with that will set the standard for selling that item, and non RMT people will sell for roughly the same price.

Another aspect that i saw from lack of an AH in XIV is: this is the age of the internet, 3rd party sites will start poping up, essentially functioning as an AH, like it did with FFXIVpro.com. I dont want to spend hours upon hours hunting 1 item, and I hate the fact that if I dont want to do that I have to go to a 3rd party site looking for someone selling the item I need. I realize that a choice on my part but many players take the path of least resistance, wheather they like to or not. Im not going to handicap myself.

FFXI's AH's were region based, 4 diffrent auction houses (at least when I played) Sandy, Windy, bastok and jeuno. So while they did have AH's they were region based.

And in Jeuno they had a pretty good sized tax. So I remember just outside of Jeuno they had hundreds of vendors just camped there selling stuff. It was pretty awesome.

... Mollenberry fields if I remember correctly? (its been aaallooonnnggg time since I played)

Ahh I miss that game. :(  many awesome memories.

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos

Originally posted by toddze

If there has to be an AH make those who post items up there pay a higher tax for the convenience. im talking 20% - 25%. Something to deter people from useing it. people would still use it for convenience but would promote players to set up shops to avoid the added cost.

Why does the AH have to be a core MMORPG feature? IMO its a lazy mans tool to find and aquire items. My comment in red does state that IF there has to be an AH players that use it should be charged a heafty tax to use such a convenience. My feeling on the matter will never change. Iv hated the AH since iv fist saw it pop up in WOW ( Ragnarok was my first MMO)

• MustaphaMondMustaphaMond Member UncommonPosts: 341

Enjoy your cruise, Testers! (if it indeed happens, of course).

P.S. People might be surprised to learn that FFXI's AH is now global (no taxes for bazaaring within Jeuno, either... not sure about Whitegate, but probably the same as Jeuno). The change made the mules I had in each city pointless. Also took away the fun of finding a niche where people didn't sell items and making bank by being the only seller (e.g., selling "insect paste" in Bastok ftw).

Also, I'm a bit surprised that people didn't mention something that was discussed over on ArcheageSource.com ... namely, there have been games in the past where players could write up a short "ad" that would display over the heads of their toon/npc vendor. Shoppers could use a search feature to look for specific items and any sellers with that item in their inventory would be set apart from the others by the ad over their head changing color. An arrow/waypoint could even lead you to the various shops that had your item. This all could have been a suggestion, not an IG system, but I'm pretty sure people were talking about it like it was in previous games (combination of SWG and one of the Lineage games, I think...). Of course, there are "EvE" like systems too where you can buy any item from regional AH's, but you have to pick them up wherever they are:

• I like how FFXIV's retainer system is coming along. they have different wards for item types and a data base that you can search for an item and get a list of retainers that have that item and where they are located. I think a system like that would work well in Archeage and wouldnt keep the prices of stuff on a decline like most AH's do. ~Xalic

• If I remember, the search function would just highlight which Retainers (NPC salesperson) which had the item you were seeking. You still needed to go and check the prices and quantitie. Another example would also be EVE. They have a auction type system, but the markets are divided by regions and products still need to be picked up from where they are being sold. Something could be translated into AA where locations would be Shops and regions would be territories. ~Jojin

• In the current version, they have the location, quantity, price, and product description all on the database. Back awhile ago, SWG didn't use to have the price, quantity, and product description. Although I could be wrong on that. ~Borawan Denali

• Im fine with highlighting shops. But the search should not be based on the stuff inside the shop but on the advertisement text the players write themselves. This would add more variety and creativity to the market which would otherwise look pretty boring. ~Cavarath

• I really like that idea Cavarath, only problem I see with it is the fact that one would have to scroll through endless pages of advertisement. Which would basically be like searching through private shop except your standing still and reading text, in which case I would prefer forcing players to go shop searching because to some extent it will force player interaction. ~Borawan Denali

• You havent understood i think. This has been used in L2. There were private shops where the players could put in a few words of advertisement which has afterwards been shown above their head. The players had a action to search those advertisements to special phrases. And the advertisements that consisted the phrases has been highlighted and the player had to/could travel through the city checking the prices and the actual stuff within the shop. ... You press on the button like on a skill, type in your keyword, and press ok. Afterwards are all shops (the advertisements are above the heads of the characters) colored differently (Green instead of violet, orange or yellow). ~Cavarath

• As for auction house it shouldn't be global, more like separate database for each continent/faction. Maybe doing a waypoint to seller system, when you want to put something for sale you place it on your NPC vendor, and it adds automaticly to the auction database with the price and the waypoint to the vendor, you shouldnt be able to buy it by clicking on buyout button and go to mail and collect it, instead you should go to the the vendor and buy it from there. So that the auction house to be just a "read only" thing to browse the gods, this is to speed up the trading process a bit, and not being needed to search 100++ personal shops 1by1, and spamming chat for hours. ~LleXx

Anyway, the point remains that global AH *DOES* contribute to RMT and detracts from player interaction. Having some kind of search feature that cuts down on the browsing required to find relevant items would solve most of the problems people are raising as far as spending forever to find what you need from player run bazaars.

I hope they change things and, at the very least, make AH's regional. As others have pointed out, it makes ZERO sense to have an AH where the "enemy" factions can buy goods from each other.

• drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506
    I like the suggestion of having AH as an option but making the seller pay extra for the convenience. This way there's still incentive for players to setup their own shops.

Originally posted by MustaphaMond

Enjoy your cruise, Testers! (if it indeed happens, of course).

P.S. People might be surprised to learn that FFXI's AH is now global (no taxes for bazaaring within Jeuno, either... not sure about Whitegate, but probably the same as Jeuno). The change made the mules I had in each city pointless. Also took away the fun of finding a niche where people didn't sell items and making bank by being the only seller (e.g., selling "insect paste" in Bastok ftw).

Also, I'm a bit surprised that people didn't mention something that was discussed over on ArcheageSource.com ... namely, there have been games in the past where players could write up a short "ad" that would display over the heads of their toon/npc vendor. Shoppers could use a search feature to look for specific items and any sellers with that item in their inventory would be set apart from the others by the ad over their head changing color. An arrow/waypoint could even lead you to the various shops that had your item. This all could have been a suggestion, not an IG system, but I'm pretty sure people were talking about it like it was in previous games (combination of SWG and one of the Lineage games, I think...). Of course, there are "EvE" like systems too where you can buy any item from regional AH's, but you have to pick them up wherever they are:

• I like how FFXIV's retainer system is coming along. they have different wards for item types and a data base that you can search for an item and get a list of retainers that have that item and where they are located. I think a system like that would work well in Archeage and wouldnt keep the prices of stuff on a decline like most AH's do. ~Xalic

• If I remember, the search function would just highlight which Retainers (NPC salesperson) which had the item you were seeking. You still needed to go and check the prices and quantitie. Another example would also be EVE. They have a auction type system, but the markets are divided by regions and products still need to be picked up from where they are being sold. Something could be translated into AA where locations would be Shops and regions would be territories. ~Jojin

• In the current version, they have the location, quantity, price, and product description all on the database. Back awhile ago, SWG didn't use to have the price, quantity, and product description. Although I could be wrong on that. ~Borawan Denali

• Im fine with highlighting shops. But the search should not be based on the stuff inside the shop but on the advertisement text the players write themselves. This would add more variety and creativity to the market which would otherwise look pretty boring. ~Cavarath

• I really like that idea Cavarath, only problem I see with it is the fact that one would have to scroll through endless pages of advertisement. Which would basically be like searching through private shop except your standing still and reading text, in which case I would prefer forcing players to go shop searching because to some extent it will force player interaction. ~Borawan Denali

• You havent understood i think. This has been used in L2. There were private shops where the players could put in a few words of advertisement which has afterwards been shown above their head. The players had a action to search those advertisements to special phrases. And the advertisements that consisted the phrases has been highlighted and the player had to/could travel through the city checking the prices and the actual stuff within the shop. ... You press on the button like on a skill, type in your keyword, and press ok. Afterwards are all shops (the advertisements are above the heads of the characters) colored differently (Green instead of violet, orange or yellow). ~Cavarath

• As for auction house it shouldn't be global, more like separate database for each continent/faction. Maybe doing a waypoint to seller system, when you want to put something for sale you place it on your NPC vendor, and it adds automaticly to the auction database with the price and the waypoint to the vendor, you shouldnt be able to buy it by clicking on buyout button and go to mail and collect it, instead you should go to the the vendor and buy it from there. So that the auction house to be just a "read only" thing to browse the gods, this is to speed up the trading process a bit, and not being needed to search 100++ personal shops 1by1, and spamming chat for hours. ~LleXx

Anyway, the point remains that global AH *DOES* contribute to RMT and detracts from player interaction. Having some kind of search feature that cuts down on the browsing required to find relevant items would solve most of the problems people are raising as far as spending forever to find what you need from player run bazaars.

I hope they change things and, at the very least, make AH's regional. As others have pointed out, it makes ZERO sense to have an AH where the "enemy" factions can buy goods from each other.

damn i didnt know XI's AH went global. I guess thats probably due to fall in population.

XIV's retainer system is a few steps back of what an AH is. All it does is just make you go and hunt down the retainer that has a star over its head, from which you based your search on.  In the early days it was absolutly brutal, no search, you could waste hours looking for 1 item. Thats not how i prefer to spend my time. It was faster looking up online what dropped an item and go farm it yourself. And as a crafter you needed so many items for just 1 synthethis.

Again I agree theres no place in any game for a global AH. Especially in a PvP faction game. Regional AH's are just fine IMO.

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680

Yah because player stores worked in Aion lol.  Sorry, but AH are here to stay in the MMO genre forever they work and are 100% needed in every MMORPG.

This coming from someone who very well remembers the good ole days in EQ in EC or Gfay depending on the server these zones were always the unoffical trade spam zones.