Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mass Effect 3 just pulled a Dragon Age 2 on me its terrible

Comments

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

You do know most of those 0's and overblown rants wouldn't be there if many didn't feel ripped off right? This is what happens when gamers feel slighted. We get a bit overzealous when we feel a company has done us wrong, some more so than others. If you've been on this site for any length of time you know that.

Yes, and gamers get their panties in a wad about dumb stuff sometimes.

I have to truly question how many "felt slighted" after purchase or if it's just the popular thing to do (because, let's be honest the stuff I mentioned above is probably REALLY silly for gamers).

But BECAUSE of them, they're actually hurting their cause.  If all the review sites are giving it 9+ and a bunch of reviewers are giving 0's... none of it is believable.  Nothing jives.  That's why I typically read the forums so I can get a picture from both sides, merge the picture and get a general picture that's pretty close to true.

It's JUST like ToR.  I didn't care for it.  Some people love it.  Would I give it a zero?  No.  

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by Ikeda

You do know most of those 0's and overblown rants wouldn't be there if many didn't feel ripped off right? This is what happens when gamers feel slighted. We get a bit overzealous when we feel a company has done us wrong, some more so than others. If you've been on this site for any length of time you know that.

I have to truly question how many "felt slighted" after purchase or if it's just the popular thing to do (because, let's be honest the stuff I mentioned above is probably REALLY silly for gamers).

But BECAUSE of them, they're actually hurting their cause.  If all the review sites are giving it 9+ and a bunch of reviewers are giving 0's... none of it is believable.  Nothing jives.  That's why I typically read the forums so I can get a picture from both sides, merge the picture and get a general picture that's pretty close to true.

It's JUST like ToR.  I didn't care for it.  Some people love it.  Would I give it a zero?  No.  

lol, no it isn't just like ToR. Not everyone liked ToR but no one can honestly say they were ripped of or at least felt ripped off. Different situation all together. I'll tell you what though, if you want to discuss then sure, lets discuss it. But do me a favor, play it first............

• Gel214thGel214th Member UncommonPosts: 188

Originally posted by kareem12345

i have been looking forward to mass effect 3 for along time . when it finally got relased today i play the game and it feels cheap! im playing the game on maxed out graphics and it looks terrible just like bioware did with dragon age 2 i had a feeling they where gonna do this but man its a waste of 60 bucks imo what do you guys think of it?

I have no idea what this person is talking about.

The game looks better than Mass Effect 1 and 2. The shadows are better, the textures are better. Secondly, didn't you play the Demo? Didn't you like the demo? And if not...why did you buy the full game? It's not Crysis level graphics, but neither were Mass Effect 1 and 2.

http://i.imgur.com/fPaX9.jpg

http://imgur.com/YuyAM

Note, those settings are with EVERYTHING at Maximum on an ATI 7970. The Driver settings are at defaults for texture filtering is set to the normal setting which is "quality".

What graphics card are you using, and what are your game settings? Can you post an image backing your claim that the graphics are bad?

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

But do me a favor, play it first............

I shall return!

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Originally posted by Ikeda

Dude, seriously tho. Have you even bothered readin through the negative comments?  And it's not even just Metacritics where people are bashing the game. It's friggin everywhere!  This was not the case with ME1 and ME2, where people were overly positive. Hell, even SW:TOR did get a fairly positive rating from the gamers!  Go figure!  When so many people are raging and angry AFTER having actually PLAYED the game (unlike you who haven't even played it yet!!) there got to be some truth behind it.

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789

Originally posted by Gel214th

Originally posted by kareem12345

i have been looking forward to mass effect 3 for along time . when it finally got relased today i play the game and it feels cheap! im playing the game on maxed out graphics and it looks terrible just like bioware did with dragon age 2 i had a feeling they where gonna do this but man its a waste of 60 bucks imo what do you guys think of it?

I have no idea what this person is talking about.

The game looks better than Mass Effect 1 and 2. The shadows are better, the textures are better. Secondly, didn't you play the Demo? Didn't you like the demo? And if not...why did you buy the full game? It's not Crysis level graphics, but neither were Mass Effect 1 and 2.

http://i.imgur.com/fPaX9.jpg

http://imgur.com/YuyAM

Note, those settings are with EVERYTHING at Maximum on an ATI 7970. The Driver settings are at defaults for texture filtering is set to the normal setting which is "quality".

What graphics card are you using, and what are your game settings? Can you post an image backing your claim that the graphics are bad?

Ehm..Those graphics ARE bad. I see jagged edges. The characters look like they've been cut out of cardboard aka flat.

The environment has no details at all, even the textures only have a gradient and look flat.

I don't know how they compare to Mass Effect 2, it's been a while since I played that.

Perhaps they are better but it's 2012 now, even some mmorpgs look better then that.

Edit

And also everything looks to dark and there is not enough contrast. Once again resulting in a flat image with no depth.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by Zekiah

Stop buying games at launch maybe?

Do you realise just how ridiculous that statement is when we're talking about a single player RPG that's previous incarnations were very very good? This isn't an MMO that you expect to evolve, it's 50 bucks for the conclusion to a story... and it just plain sucks.

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

Originally posted by dimasok

Originally posted by Laughing-man

Originally posted by SterlingG

Finished the game today. Love it but some things irk me: the sex scenes are non-existent - WTF?! Can't romance EDI - sucks. There is a shortage of quality side-missions and whats there is similar to MMO's where I need to scan, collect and bring an item to someone...  if anything, it made me appreciate SWTOR much more... and these missions are also played in a very small boxed area that they use in MP so they feel pretty bland compared to the grandiose main missions...

I would give it a 9/10 but overall its a winner

(mod edit)

I'm 25 buddy. And if I can afford to sit 24 hours and play a game that's not something that you should care about either way. I am not a fan of Bioware but I did love the ME games and this is the best one so far. I really dont think I had anything in my posts that should have triggered this reaction but based on the way you talk and react i'd say you fit the minor category snugly

And yes I wanted the sex scene to be more explicit - what's wrong with that? That doesn't imply anything about me or my leisure habits - especially if I decided to dedicate my day off to gaming and to nothing else.

People like you are the reason gaming has a bad reputation - get a life and stop commenting on the live's of others and you should be fine son

How long did it take you to play through it?

Was this like a non stop gaming session or?

No judgements, I sit down and play games for 20+ hours when I have a chance to and i'm 28

Finally a decent response :)

Took me 22 hours to go through it in fits and starts gaming session (mainly to eat and other home stuff during which I kept the game running) but I skipped a lot of the fluff that entailed travelling between clusters for scanning missions. Otherwise, it would probably take me close to 30. Its nowhere near the 40-hour mark as Bioware claimed though.

I have 20 hrs or more in, and I have a shit load of side missions to do. Well probably more like 15 or 20 quests, but I wanted to fit in with the hyperbole crowd around here That isnt taking into account the ones I completed, nor the ones I got too far into the game to complete. 

ME3 is a tougher shooter this time, but it is also a lot deeper with the RPG aspects than ME2 was. When I get to the point that I have played thru 8 or 10 times, and knocked out all the acheivements like I have for the prior 2, then I will be able to say for sure where this sits on the ladder for the 3 games.

Right now I gotta say things are looking good.

As for the Prothean....I had ordered the CE long ago so this didnt affect me. If I hadnt, I would rather be able to get it on day 1 than have to wait a few months while those with CE were having fun.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

F.ck haters, amazing game. GJ Bioware

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

This is just ridiculous. Professional reviewers give only 4 words to explain their score? Have you tried going to the reviewer's website? Critic reviews are 3-4 page long. If you look only at metacritic (which is to be honest the most unreliable and lowly site to read reviews), yes they  have 3-4 lines for each critic review. That's because they copy pasted the last 4 lines of the review.

This is just blind hate. I don't think that ANY game got 2.3 score in the past. I can't think of a single game that got such a low rating! And those retards give a 2.3 to Mass Effect? 

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• Inf666Inf666 Member UncommonPosts: 513

20 minutes was all I could handle of this "game". How anyone can play the game and say it is good with a straight face is beyond me.

Bioware is dead. First DA2, then SWTOR, now this. I was so looking forward to the final chapter but all I got was this crap of a console game.

I hope they crash and burn financially. Its the only way for them to wake up and stop this parallel console/PC gaming development chaos.

---
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• TbkrulezTbkrulez Member Posts: 42

well, honestly i hate EA and their attitude how they trying to drain out as much money as they can from the ppl, but actually i liked this game and i give it a 85/100 because there isn't anything sci-fi themed product recently. What i didn't like is the too dramatic ending and yeh the graphics are outdated.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

Sounds like im gonna like ME3 because i loved the changes to Dragon Age 2 that happened. if they modified things as well as they did from ME1 to ME2 then the game will be golden to me. not that ill buy it or anything.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by Tbkrulez

well, honestly i hate EA and their attitude how they trying to drain out as much money as they can from the ppl, but actually i liked this game and i give it a 85/100 because there isn't anything sci-fi themed product recently. What i didn't like is the too dramatic ending and yeh the graphics are outdated.

Perhaps this is an indication of why we keep getting the same lack of quality in games.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

Originally posted by Inf666

20 minutes was all I could handle of this "game". How anyone can play the game and say it is good with a straight face is beyond me.

Bioware is dead. First DA2, then SWTOR, now this. I was so looking forward to the final chapter but all I got was this crap of a console game.

I hope they crash and burn financially. Its the only way for them to wake up and stop this parallel console/PC gaming development chaos.

so I take it you didn't like Mass Effect 2 either?

• pockyakipockyaki Member UncommonPosts: 1

I loved both ME and ME2 but I cannot for many reasons love ME3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri0vrJ-y2zM&list=UUy1Ms_5qBTawC-k7PVjHXKQ&index=13&feature=plpp_video

Watch this before you buy ME3.

• VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Last game I bought at release was Skyrim. I feel lucky. How lucky? How's this... The prevoius game I bought at launch was Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Not a perfect game, but fun enough, ending blew though, BUT because of the free items Gamestop had I bought it from them. Well they pull a bonehead and yank the cards from the games that give you the game free on OnLive. Well the Gamestop I got it from never got the message, so I get the game, The free Onlive code that I Ebay for $40, a sorry we're boneheads $50 gift certificate from Gamestop which I promptly spend on Skyrim (best free AAA game I ever 'bought') and two free used games.

Yea. I should have that kind of luck in Vegas. It was a good day. :)

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

• VryheidVryheid Member UncommonPosts: 469

jesus christ the complaining in this thread. i'm tired but I'm going to respond here anyways:

1. the graphics in mass effect 3 are fantastic, what the hell are you guys talking about? this is right up there with The Witcher 2 and Final Fantasy XIII as having some of the best graphics in any RPG ever made.

2. the endings were fine. and to the previous poster, the endings were fine in Deus Ex as well. play a bunch of multiplayer before finishing the campaign and you'll get a better ending. other than that I don't know what you consider "good", there's nothing wrong with leaving things to the imagination of the player.

• berlightberlight Member UncommonPosts: 345

ahhhhh so much hate! KOTOR 4EVER.

Beta tester maniac

• Inf666Inf666 Member UncommonPosts: 513

Originally posted by VirgoThree

ME1 was good and ME2 was mediocre. I was hoping ME3 would improve, but it went downhill. Maybe my taste has changed without me noticing? Dunno...

---
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176

Originally posted by VirgoThree

ME1 was good and ME2 was mediocre. I was hoping ME3 would improve, but it went downhill. Maybe my taste has changed without me noticing? Dunno...

Well, if he only played 20 minutes he did not get out of the intro.

This site has become so utterly rediculous and filled with hate mongers it is unreal. I have been coming here for years and have been reconsidering that lately. The site was always a bit harsh, which I can stand, if there is reality and discussion as part of the commentary, but there is not anymore. Just blind, mob mentallity, follow the hate leader off the cliff, hatred.

Its funny because folks here will blast the fanboi for defending a game and not being able to think for themselves. In reality, this site is now the opposite. The people who like and defend the game know they will get absolutely slaughtered by the hae mongers and take a lot of heat. They have to really like a game in order to defend it. The fanbois are more the free thinkers here than the haters.

The haters are the "hey follow me" hipsters that think they are always correct in the hatred and negativity they project. They have become the mob chasing Frankenstien with pitchforks and torches. Often not even know what Frankenstien is, only that they need to hate it and spout the assumptions made by other haters.

On topic again, ME3 on metacritic was the subject of something called a critic bomb. This is a group of people who have the intent of giving the lowest score possible. That is why i has a 2.X score.

Rent it from Gamefly and try it yourself. I think it is a very solid and fun game so far. You  be the jude and don't follow the freakish level of negativity that has seeped into the core of MMORGP.com.

• GeekieDaveGeekieDave Member Posts: 41

Ok so after reading this, I've got some of my opion to spread upon you. If you only played 20 minutes of the game, Your not giving it a fair chance. The game is really well done and I've been having a blast in the series so far. What I like about Mass Effect 3 is that they have a meter for how much of the galaxy is by your side to fight the reapers. The way they chose to go about the story is really well thought out. We see new people coming and old friends going. Now I'm not saying I'm a fanboy or anything, But you really need to think over what you are going to say.

Now, The game does have it's flaws. The one thing I don't like is if you miss a certain mission, You can't go back to the planet to redo it. Once the planet is done, There's no going back. I missed a side mission on Eden Prime and I can't go back to get it done. But if you watch the journal closely, You won't run into the same problem I did. I'm trying to make sure I get everything that I can done cause that add's more reinforcements to the war against the reapers. It also judges your ending.

Be sure to subscribe to Worlds Edge Gaming:
    www.youtube.com/worldsedgegaming

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243

The thing that bothers me the most about ME3 - note, I don't have the game yet, so this on hearsay, but will have it tomorrow - is that you need to enter the multiplayer game to get the best ending. This is entirely contrary to what the developers have said in the past.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/321946/mass-effect-3-multiplayer-can-affect-single-player-campaign-first-details/

"Although the co-op mode can affect the story's outcome it is ultimately optional. Playing the game offline still leads to the same endings but doing your bit online can make the fight be a little easier."

"Each component will be able to affect a player's 'Galactic Readiness' level in a different way. Again, participation in any or all ME3:GaW elements is entirely optional."

Both these comments apparantly are complete BS. You can't get the best ending without doing multiplayer so that first comment is wrong, which also makes the second comment wrong as to get the best ending the multiplayer element is no longer optional but a requirement.

Mass Effect 1 & 2 have been my most played single player games, pretty much ever. I just closed down Steam and my time played on Mass Effect 2 is reading as 175 hours. Mass Effect 1 I went through multiple times so that's at least the same. Now they're adding multiplayer to Mass Effect 3? Why?! Add it if you really must, but they should never have had it make any impact on the single player experience.

I've so far only played the demo of Mass Effect 3 and what I saw makes me worried. The UI wasn't very nice, it took me a while just to spot the health / armor bar for the enemies, the space bar doing everything was annoying, I got stuck a few times because the controls wouldn't do what I wanted them to. The cut scenes also seemed to lack something and the graphics felt.. weird.. compared to the graphics of Mass Effect 2 it felt like a step backwards.

I'm worried. I'll have the game tomorrow and will play after work. Hopefully they haven't ruined the last part as it's something I've been looking forward to for a long time.

• DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538

EA killed Bioware a long time ago. This was a given and anyone following the reactions would have seen this coming. Even total halibut was like "stay away from ME3, its unethical garbage" or something along those lines.

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243

Oh, one other thing I'm not looking forward to are same sex relationships. I heard Garrus is going to be an option. Seriously?! Garrus? The Sniper, Citadel Security, Gang Leading, Face Scarred, Bad-Ass Alien.. Garrus? Uh... Wha?! I swear, if I'm giving positive responses to Garrus in conversation and he starts thinking I'm hitting on him, I'm going to tear the discs apart and send them back to Bioware asking for a refund. Garrus is a friend and team mate since ME1, not some gay porn hookup option.

"Ooh, Sshepard, you're sooo buff.. come 'ere and kiss my scarred face you handsome brute.".

Do I get the option to punch him if this happens? Please tell me I do.