Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horrible news about DF 2.0

Comments

• 77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    Not a huge fan of the limbo state, though it doesnt make it any less of a game just a by product of the world being so massive.

And the AH change Im not really sure how you can be that vehemently opposed to it. WoW used to have seperate AH for each city and the isolated cities (Darnassus) never had anything good in them. If all AH arent linked you wind up with a de facto "trade" city with the rest as ghost towns
  • RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

What you guys doesnt seem to get about the limbo thing is the fact that the veterans are the ones who will abuse the system.

Hahaha! i'm really laughing at you guys, its like you really think that you(newbs) are the ones thats gonna use it the most lol. Vets are the richest in game, so they will use it all the time. As a result, a newb team will never win cuz while it will remain hardcore for a new player, it will be just like battlefield for the veteran clans aka elitist.

I complain cuz i know for a fact that it will be an other unfair advantage for the vets. I'm one of the few thats gonna buy DF at release so i will obviously be one of the veterans, so its not about me.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Originally posted by 77lolmac77

And the AH change Im not really sure how you can be that vehemently opposed to it. WoW used to have seperate AH for each city and the isolated cities (Darnassus) never had anything good in them. If all AH arent linked you wind up with a de facto "trade" city with the rest as ghost towns

Why is that bad ? Players manage themselve which city will be tradehubs and which not .  MMORPG's have been created to give players more freedom and cause impact on the world.

I think i described enough player driven events that can be attached to player driven trades in my previous posts. Allowing setting up clan vendors in cities  wasn't  good enough for AV ? that is what  they  PROMISED in previous info, and now they announce global AH, something the playerbase noumerous times rejected  in suggestion, posts, polls.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

I don't play the game so my facts may be wrong.

From what I understand DF is a full loot system?

If that's the case, and many people roam around with minimum armors/weapons to avoid heavy losses, what happens when you're in limbo state, get all your best gear out of the bank, spawn near your tombstone and then wipe the floor with the dude who just killed you.

I can see problems if that's how it's implemented.

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

Originally posted by DarthRaiden

As a veteran gamer  i am very worried about what AV is developing there. The more the reveal, the more shit it sounds. You all know i was a very avid supporter but i cant support the insta travel back after death = limbo and the global Auction House. Its the wrong direction i wanted to see this game heading to.

I m afraid DF flushes down the toilet.

"Once ganked, a character enters a limbo state where he is able to re-equip his character with items from his bank box, and reenter the battle at a random spot relatively close to his tomb stone." update 10 feb

"Browsing any marketplace will reveal all buy and sell orders currently available all over Agon. If  an item is located at the market you are at, you can buy it right there and then. If the item is located in another marketplace you have two options: You can either travel to the market and buy it there, or you can pay a courier cost related to the item’s price, and have it delivered to your location" update Feb 23

This will kill Darkfall for me. I ll supported it for become more rich gaming experience and not for it to become WoW. 

Will kill Darkfall for you?  What about AV that actually needs to make money.  Yes MAKE MONEY or there will be no Darkfall for anyone.

Have you been on the Darkfall servers lately?  No way are they making much of a profit.  Look , the whole purpose to 2.0 is that it will be more casual friendly, and thus appeal to the masses.  Maybe your hardcore into the full sandbox experience..unfortunatly what's been shown by both Darkfall and MO is that you are in a very, very small minority and the profit just isn't there.

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

I enjoyed DF when it first came out and as I am not enjoying any other game I am thinking about resubbing to DF.  And I do look forward to trying DF 2.0... worst case it is a big let down like all other games.

Originally posted by crysent

As a veteran gamer  i am very worried about what AV is developing there. The more the reveal, the more shit it sounds. You all know i was a very avid supporter but i cant support the insta travel back after death = limbo and the global Auction House. Its the wrong direction i wanted to see this game heading to.

"Once ganked, a character enters a limbo state where he is able to re-equip his character with items from his bank box, and reenter the battle at a random spot relatively close to his tomb stone." update 10 feb

"Browsing any marketplace will reveal all buy and sell orders currently available all over Agon. If  an item is located at the market you are at, you can buy it right there and then. If the item is located in another marketplace you have two options: You can either travel to the market and buy it there, or you can pay a courier cost related to the item’s price, and have it delivered to your location" update Feb 23

This will kill Darkfall for me. I ll supported it for become more rich gaming experience and not for it to become WoW. 

Will kill Darkfall for you?  What about AV that actually needs to make money.  Yes MAKE MONEY or there will be no Darkfall for anyone.

Have you been on the Darkfall servers lately?  No way are they making much of a profit.  Look , the whole purpose to 2.0 is that it will be more casual friendly, and thus appeal to the masses.  Maybe your hardcore into the full sandbox experience..unfortunatly what's been shown by both Darkfall and MO is that you are in a very, very small minority and the profit just isn't there.

For the market thinG, i like the idea and no one's complaining about it in the forum.

As for the limbo, this thing will make it worst for the casual gamers. Thats what you don't seem to understand. It wont be free, it will be expensive. The more stuff you take out from the bank, the more expensive it will be. The vets with 1million gold or gold buyers are the only one that will take full use of that system. You casual gamers will probably come back 1 time after death. At the end, it will become a battlefield 3 for the vets and a hardcore game for the new and average players. Who will stay? The vets once again, just like what we have left in 1.0.

In conclusion, the limbo system is not good for the game at all and it wont appeal to the casual gamers since those players are known to be the poorest players of any mmo's.

To make it clear again because of my support for Darkfall in the past.

For everyone who like open world and non-linear progression aka sandbox titles i DON'T RECOMMEND Darkfall anymore. 

In its DF 2.0 incarnation it wil degrade to a shallow and blunt big FPS Arena. (for once and for good this time)

@rbd ; Posts contains criticism about changes getting deleted  + The playetrbase who cared about DF become a rich sandbox have give up before and are within those 98000 who bought a copy and stoped playing. 

Even so there are a lot of posts, you just have to read forums without being selective..example:

from

small complaints:

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=312053

to suggestions :

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=311915

masked as positive lists :

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=311887

and... because you don't seem to have noticed, some posters on Official forums even bear follow sig. (thx to KAPUTTMACHAA, the genious who delivers pictures saying more the 1000 words)

No Limbo; No Courier

@crysent i would care more about the company if they cared more about my playstyle. The game i like to play isn't simple i admit but i am very loyal to companys who at least try, SWG (SWG PRE CU) , Darkfall  prior this bullshitification (till around after 2nd expansion),  Ryzom, EvE etc.. #

If they start  to shit at me ..NGE ...Darkfall 2.0 i become very unhappy...very unhappy...

Other titkles i have oversee yet, will become my focus ..

EvE, Ryzom, Mortal Online i heard expands the sandbox and might become a really good game, Xsyon might add  good combat one day, waiting for ArchAge and other sandbox titles who have been developed behind scenes atm.

They more intresting and make more hope to look forward to them then to Darkfall 2.0.

AV's "vision" of gameplay is dismissed for everyone who puts gameplay at  first place taken from what they reveal about their future plans on DF 2.0.

-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
  • potapithikospotapithikos Member Posts: 178

Originally posted by Yamota
    I don't get it. By making it more convenient to buy stuff on the market and quicker way to get back into battle, when dying, that will destroy Darkfall?
    Seems to me that they are simply making the game more accessable. Never understood the huge timesinks that games like DF and Eve has. What exactly does it add to the game experience?

Heh if you can't understand how instant travel back to where you died in a ready fitted spaceship would affect PvP in EVE then you have very limited experience with mass PvP in EVE.

Logistics is a huge part of the game, economicly and strategicaly.

It's easy and shortsighted to simply label it as a useless timesink.

When you make it more convenient to get back into the fight you make removing someone from the fight less important. People care less about dying. They still lose their stuff but what about those that have strong guilds or can afford the loss? With an option to instantly come back in fighting condition they lose nothing and more importantly the opponent gains nothing strategically.

Global markets affect the game economy in so many ways that i can't be bothered to write down.

In addition another thing that gets hurt in both these cases, that is very important to me personally, is immersion. Regional markets and logistics (strategic and economic) create life in the Sandbox world, it's PvP and it's economy.

• SimsuSimsu Member UncommonPosts: 386

For everyone who like open world and non-linear progression aka sandbox titles i DON'T RECOMMEND Darkfall anymore.

I think they should add this guy to the list of features in 2.0.

• Now with less people like DarthRaiden

I'll avoid describing my opinion of him any further, but you guys get the idea *chuckle*

Originally posted by Simsu

I think they should add this guy to the list of features in 2.0.

• Now with less people like DarthRaiden

I'll avoid describing my opinion of him any further, but you guys get the idea *chuckle*

I know.... i should know you after you become that personal ..but i have no fucking clue who you are or any of your opinions even if you have  an account dated from 2003  *chuckle*

Try to say something notheworthy please some contribution to the current discussion maybe ?

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

Originally posted by potapithikos

Originally posted by Yamota

I don't get it. By making it more convenient to buy stuff on the market and quicker way to get back into battle, when dying, that will destroy Darkfall?

Seems to me that they are simply making the game more accessable. Never understood the huge timesinks that games like DF and Eve has. What exactly does it add to the game experience?

Heh if you can't understand how instant travel back to where you died in a ready fitted spaceship would affect PvP in EVE then you have very limited experience with mass PvP in EVE.

Logistics is a huge part of the game, economicly and strategicaly.

It's easy and shortsighted to simply label it as a useless timesink.

When you make it more convenient to get back into the fight you make removing someone from the fight less important. People care less about dying. They still lose their stuff but what about those that have strong guilds or can afford the loss? With an option to instantly come back in fighting condition they lose nothing and more importantly the opponent gains nothing strategically.

Global markets affect the game economy in so many ways that i can't be bothered to write down.

In addition another thing that gets hurt in both these cases, that is very important to me personally, is immersion. Regional markets and logistics (strategic and economic) create life in the Sandbox world, it's PvP and it's economy.

Agreed 110%.  Sadly there is more money in catering to the short sighted instant gratification crowd.  The funny part is that they get their way and then wonder why the game economy doesn't work.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

I sort of agree with OP.

The problem with DF isn't that people lack the ability to trade globally and risk free, or that it takes too long to gear up and get back to a fight. The opposite, in fact; local banking and markets, stratetic logistics, etc, are crucial if a game is to be truly open ended and player driven. 

DF's main issues as far as I'm concerned is 1) no skillcap and 2) lack of any real sandbox tools.

If the game had offered diverse options in character builds (i.e. if AV had designed the game with char specialization and interesting group dynamics in mind) and ways for players to run and operate empires, trade hubs, industries, and so on, DF would have been a huge success.

I don't see how them catering to the casual masses will bring back the hordes of disgruntled sandbox players who originally flocked to DF. All those people want is a working, well-designed game with multiple playstyle options and a high degree of player freedom.

The casual, "carebear" type player on the other hand do not want a FFA game, no matter how many "safe newbie areas", global markets or limbo states it features. Besides, they've got 99% of the market catering to them already.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Don't worry OP. You still have your Darkfall 0.9 to play for the next 2-3 years.

Originally posted by tom_gore

Don't worry OP. You still have your Darkfall 0.9 to play for the next 2-3 years.

You obviously haven't read all my previous posts in this thread.  I don't want to preserve anything. I made even suggestions about how alternative implementations and changes  would be more exciting. ( hulks as mobile spawn and storage solution, vendor space for rent or even clan vendors maintained by the clans themselves in cities and local)

Its the direction and the planned blunt implemetation of theirs (AV's)  that i don't like.

Try to say something notheworthy please some contribution to the current discussion maybe ?

I did in fact say something noteworthy, but because you didn't agree with the points I made you totally ignored the post. Hrm, how odd... Once more for ya, since I like you so much.

You, and people like you, make the same kind of posts every single time a change is made that you do not personally like. This happens so often, and with such predictability of it's content, that it's not even worth the effort of trying to discuss your complaints because most of the time you're only considering what you personally want and do not care about what other people want or what would benefit the game.

Another uninspired approach your type makes is that they always compares everything to WoW. Ever single time a tiny change is made, that even has the slightest hint of anything Blizzard has even thought of putting into WoW, you start running around screaming that it's some sort of evil hell-spawn that will ruin the game. All because it might have, at one time, been thought of by Blizzard. It takes an incredibly lack of perspective to always fall back on this argument.

The very fact that you're on this site (and not the official site) “discussing” it shows you're not interested in expressing yourself to fix your perceived problems. (I use the term “discussing” very loosely since you're basically trying to get people to quit/not play the game because of your personal opinion).

And I wont even go into the topic of why your opinion (the opinion of some anonymous person on the Internet) should or shouldn't have an effect on anyone else's decisions.

I did in fact say something noteworthy, but because you didn't agree with the points I made you totally ignored the post. Hrm, how odd... Once more for ya, since I like you so much.

You, and people like you, make the same kind of posts every single time a change is made that you do not personally like. This happens so often, and with such predictability of it's content, that it's not even worth the effort of trying to discuss your complaints because most of the time you're only considering what you personally want and do not care about what other people want or what would benefit the game.

Another uninspired approach your type makes is that they always compares everything to WoW. Ever single time a tiny change is made, that even has the slightest hint of anything Blizzard has even thought of putting into WoW, you start running around screaming that it's some sort of evil hell-spawn that will ruin the game. All because it might have, at one time, been thought of by Blizzard. It takes an incredibly lack of perspective to always fall back on this argument.

The very fact that you're on this site (and not the official site) “discussing” it shows you're not interested in expressing yourself to fix your perceived problems. (I use the term “discussing” very loosely since you're basically trying to get people to quit/not play the game because of your personal opinion).

And I wont even go into the topic of why your opinion (the opinion of some anonymous person on the Internet) should or shouldn't have an effect on anyone else's decisions.

I ignored to answer you post because there was nothing of substance in it even after i had read it.

This post  also doesn't contain anything worth to respond to (itsthe same like the other basically) but this time i will try to be kind  to you.

First you obviously don't know me well and any person who know me also knows that  "make the same kind of posts every single time a change is made" doesn't fit me at all and i guess anyone who know me will laugh about the comedy in it since i was almost the only "neverchanging" fanboi no matter what...ironically isn't it .

Second whats wrong about my opinion about WoW. It isn't a MMORPG and shouldnt be listed as one. Its a single player game with online maps who's success destroyed many good games and the whole genre, because real MMORPG's doesn't become  easy the financial funding they deserve since the travesty of MMORPG appeared on the scene.  You maybe find my attachmend to such a statement not fitting, but knowing that WoW is one reason why my favorite game Pre CU SWG turned into a mess and MY gaming experience got ruined i see my opinion perfectly fitting.

The simple reason why i set this poinst here for discussing is i am banned on the official forum.

Reason for ban: Non constructive critic.

I think my motivitaion should be clear for you now even i didn't had to explain it to you, but probably it will entertain a lot of people i appreciate in this forum xD

I ignored to answer you post because there was nothing of substance in it even after i had read it.

This post  also doesn't contain anything worth to respond to (itsthe same like the other basically) but this time i will try to be kind  to you.

First you obviously don't know me well and any person who know me also knows that  "make the same kind of posts every single time a change is made" doesn't fit me at all and i guess anyone who know me will laugh about the comedy in it since i was almost the only "neverchanging" fanboi no matter what...ironically isn't it .

Second whats wrong about my opinion about WoW. It isn't a MMORPG and shouldnt be listed as one. Its a single player game with online maps who's success destroyed many good games and the whole genre, because real MMORPG's doesn't become  easy the financial funding they deserve since the travesty of MMORPG appeared on the scene.  You maybe find my attachmend to such a statement not fitting, but knowing that WoW is one reason why my favorite game Pre CU SWG turned into a mess and MY gaming experience got ruined i see my opinion perfectly fitting.

The simple reason why i set this poinst here for discussing is i am banned on the official forum.

I think my motivitaion should be clear for you now even i didn't had to explain it to you, but probably it will entertain a lot of people i appreciate in this forum xD

Lol, you didnt even need to reply. We're not looking for wow players here. I didnt bother reading that whole post or any other post that includes wow or theme park mmo's in them

Fact is Wow pre BC was the best of what wow ever was. It went downhill afterwards, only wow haters will take me seriously here.

In my opinion, a player will only like DF if he finally decides to never look back on any other theme park mmo's. My 1st mmo was wow, just saying...

Originally posted by Realbigdeal

Lol, you didnt even need to reply. We're not looking for wow players here. I didnt bother reading that whole post or any other post that includes wow or theme park mmo's in them

Fact is Wow pre BC was the best of what wow ever was. It went downhill afterwards, only wow haters will take me seriously here.

In my opinion, a player will only like DF if he finally decides to never look back on any other theme park mmo's. My 1st mmo was wow, just saying...

You realize that I'm not the one that brought up WoW, right? In fact I stated that bringing up WoW every time you do not like something about a game is ignorant (at best).

First you obviously don't know me well and any person who know me also knows that  "make the same kind of posts every single time a change is made" doesn't fit me at all

I find it hilarious that you can make these two statements, in the same post, when replying to someone that is explicitly telling you that you're not being constructive. Fantastic defense there.

On an unrelated note you didn't get it the first time so why would I think you'd get it the 2nd time. Not gonna bother with a 3rd.

First you obviously don't know me well and any person who know me also knows that  "make the same kind of posts every single time a change is made" doesn't fit me at all

I find it hilarious that you can make these two statements, in the same post, when replying to someone that is explicitly telling you that you're not being constructive. Fantastic defense there.

On an unrelated note you didn't get it the first time so why would I think you'd get it the 2nd time. Not gonna bother with a 3rd.

Its really ridulous you dont understand the reasoning even explained to you like to a litle kid.

It makes no sense to break it even more down to you, you need some basic undesrtanding capabilities at least or it can't be helped yand you never will realize what the topic and the matter here. 

Probably you just wanted to derail the thread and i fell for it, i should have kept to my first instinctive feel to just ignore you.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

It came to this by there own community already started at launch and now Darkfall become a themepark target for mass market they offcorse fail but i gave up year ago i followed Darkfall sinds 2003 as longterm follower, played it for 2 years 100% pure without 1min afk/macro/exploit seeing it going down the drain bah, to widness the DUMB DOWN of game i wanted so much for years.

Cheaters and ex-themeparkers are the guilty ones

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074

Having the carrier pigeon options destroys regional markets and EvE style gameplay along with siege pvp.  

• FreeBooteRFreeBooteR Member Posts: 333

It came to this by there own community already started at launch and now Darkfall become a themepark target for mass market they offcorse fail but i gave up year ago i followed Darkfall sinds 2003 as longterm follower, played it for 2 years 100% pure without 1min afk/macro/exploit seeing it going down the drain bah, to widness the DUMB DOWN of game i wanted so much for years.

Cheaters and ex-themeparkers are the guilty ones

I ran out of breath reading this paragraph.

Archlinux ftw

This discussion has been closed.