Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: Cutter's Cry Raid Trailer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Square Enix and the Final Fantasy XIV team have released a new trailer featuring the Cutter's Cry instanced raid that will arrive in game with the v1.21 patch. The trailer features game play straight out of Cutter's Cry. Enjoy!

Cutter's Cry is an extremely challenging instanced raid meant for full parties of eight adventurers, consisting of Disciples of War and Magic at level 45 or higher. In the caverns await many dangers?fearsome monsters, of course, but also rivers of quicksand and other natural hazards. If you are to survive the journey through the forking caverns and overcome the threats within, you will need to work closely with the other adventurers in your band.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

I guess it will take us to wait till 2.0 to see some creative and cool looking environments in this game.

• narakuunarakuu Member Posts: 348

Is there a reason theres only 360p?

• LummLumm Member UncommonPosts: 134

Here is the 720 version.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

I thought FFXIV was a purely crafter driven economy?  So, how are they going to inscentivize raids wtihout ruining the high end economy for crafters and yet retain rewards that are actually worth the effort to raid for in the first place?

• InFaVillaInFaVilla Member Posts: 592

Originally posted by Vorthanion

I thought FFXIV was a purely crafter driven economy?  So, how are they going to inscentivize raids wtihout ruining the high end economy for crafters and yet retain rewards that are actually worth the effort to raid for in the first place?

There are ways to do it in theory.  Partial theoretical solutions:

*Make the best crafted equips always stronger than the best dungeon/raid/boss dropped equips.

*Make it extremey difficult to have the best crafted equip for every class. That way, people will still do raids/bosses to "quickly" gear up their  secondary classes. 

*Make the drops convertable to crafting materials; either directly or indirectly.

• Astral-EchoAstral-Echo Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by InFaVilla

Originally posted by Vorthanion

There are ways to do it in theory.  Partial theoretical solutions:

*Make the best crafted equips always stronger than the best dungeon/raid/boss dropped equips.

*Make it extremey difficult to have the best crafted equip for every class. That way, people will still do raids/bosses to "quickly" gear up their  secondary classes. 

*Make the drops convertable to crafting materials; either directly or indirectly.

This is pretty much how it's done.

- The best equipment is crafted with materia slotted in. You can't put materia into dungeon/raid gear.

- It's fairly time/money consuming to get decent materia, and the chance of getting multiple melds successfully is slim. Gear is destroyed if you fail a meld (the first materia meld is always successful).

- The drops can be converted into materia with spiritbonding, but they can also be turned in for Grand Company seals which are used for other rewards and privileges.

Originally posted by TwilightEdge

I guess it will take us to wait till 2.0 to see some creative and cool looking environments in this game.

I happen to enjoy the less over-the-top style of the Final Fantasy MMOs. Yes, the game is still lacking anything truly outrageous (to be resolved in 2.0 thankfully), but I still prefer a generally muted overworld to make those extravagant things seem that much more surreal. FFXI did this extremely well, and I see FFXIV following suit. 

• mnemic666mnemic666 Member UncommonPosts: 224

Man, they really need to outsource their trailers or something, because the ones they've come out with are overwhelmingly...meh. I'm still interested in giving the game a shot at some point, but the FF XIV trailers consistantly underwhelm me : /

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Originally posted by mnemic666

Man, they really need to outsource their trailers or something, because the ones they've come out with are overwhelmingly...meh. I'm still interested in giving the game a shot at some point, but the FF XIV trailers consistantly underwhelm me : /

The thing that got me--and maybe there's a game mechanic I'm not understanding--is when the bat moved around the party, how long both the monk and the paladin stood facing the wrong direction.

:(

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Originally posted by smokedogg311

Here is the 720 version.

Btw, thank you.

First thing I was going to ask for after getting 30 seconds into this video.

FF14 has some of the best graphics among MMOs and the main video does it a disservice.

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• narakuunarakuu Member Posts: 348

Originally posted by smokedogg311

Here is the 720 version.

Thanks, when I made a search for it on youtube earlier it didnt show up and I didnt really feel like chasing it down further then that.

I do want to play this game again but right now it feels like GW2 isnt that far away anymore and I'm playing the TERA weekends right now, not sure if I'll buy it later but its fun.

Probably just do like the rest and simply wait to see how  good 2.0 will be.