Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Slash and Blast

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

In this third part of a lore series on TERA's local heroes, author R.K. MacPherson pens an enticing look into the lives and values of the warrior Popori race in Arborea. Written like an interview, it's an intriguing look at TERA's smallest, but not slightest, of races.

Kiro looks much like any other popori. A dark furred mask frames his eyes, which follow my movements. It's not entirely clear how he manages to move with that greatsword strapped to his back. I ask how long they've worked together.

Read the rest of R.K. MacPherson's TERA: Slash and Blast.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• poefuepoefue Member Posts: 226

Cannot wait to try it out this weekend.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

I won't lie... I'll be playing a Popori.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto

• Nadya3Nadya3 Member Posts: 348

most fun MMO i've played in a very long time.   can't wait untill the next Eu Beta.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

sure love this game. Popori are cute and i love styopping to stare at the pixels. I will be a human though personally as I have found out recently that Lan from wheel of time is what i make every character look like for 10 years without realizing it consciously...until days ago..

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Originally posted by BillMurphy

Ive already planned maining one, the animations for them are just splendid.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Originally posted by BillMurphy

I won't lie. I agree.

I'm blown away by the Popori. Everything about them is great, down to the attention the little whiskers got. 

Considering rolling one instead of my current pick.

Does anyone else get a warm fuzzy feeling in their stomach whenever they spot a Popori?

i get warm and fuzzy for sure...though i am not goingot be one i am sure happy they are in this game :D

In my first CB i saw a pack of popori by the campfire in lumbertown. I stopped and i chatted with these mammals all of which wre very polite. :)

Hero Evermore

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

Tera has brought a lot of "MMO" back for me. I've been playing SWTOR; I've forgotten about gigantic cities and large worlds. Playing the Tera beta has really revived my thrill factor.

• Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369

I have had great fun with TERA beta's, i joined a great guild and I will be rolling human (mainly because of the awesome racial traits for PvP) and the fact that i just can't bring myself to play teddybear/littlegirl/spock charactors(hue?). But i do think the animations are funny/cool, esp how elin run with their bums sticking out showing their knickers lol. Sure the questing is standard but i've yet to see a game where it's not(VO doesn't count).

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Enjoyable little article. I do wish it actually revealed something from NA's devs (En Masse), but still, it was silly and fun.

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• EmrendilEmrendil Member Posts: 199

Originally posted by Nadya3

most fun MMO i've played in a very long time.   can't wait untill the next Eu Beta.

Same for me :)

• hotixhotix Member UncommonPosts: 130

@BillMurphy I told my wife the other day I was born to be a popori. She replied with a punch in the arm....

• MesfenlirMesfenlir Member Posts: 208

Poporis ftw!!!

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

The Poporis are just concentrated cool. They are absolutely hilarious. If you haven't looked close at them, you need to see their animations. How they run, how they laugh, how they fight, how they stand, how they mine, everything. They are so silly looking but then they have a swagger and a stance about them that makes it clear, they really don't give a f*** what anyone else thinks.

All die, so die well.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Nicely written / RP'd interview :)

Very positive replies so far too. They make me more curious about this game than any BAM-farming vid I saw, tbh.

The idea of ganking "big" people as a little critter / cute Elin is somehow very appealing. Takes me back to my gnome-rogue days I guess. I also played a little feller in WAR: a goblin shaman and I really liked their sounds and animations. (Too bad the rest of that game fell flat for me).

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Originally posted by hotix

@BillMurphy I told my wife the other day I was born to be a popori. She replied with a punch in the arm....

Mine laughed... mainly because I'm 6'3" and she's surprised I'd pick the little chubby critters.  But to each their own.  Power to the little MMO people!

My Review Manifesto

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

If I get this game, I'm gonna require at least popori friend.

• JamesErnstJamesErnst Member UncommonPosts: 53

I play to make a rabbit-Popori and name it after one of the characters from Watership Down :)

--Gaymer Extraordinaire--

• This looks a lot like pandas to me...

Not impressed

• omidusomidus Member UncommonPosts: 99

combat was the only fun aspect of this game for me, hope they add in large group raiding in the future.

• koagzkoagz Member UncommonPosts: 13

My Popori will be a Slayer. Popori's as Slayer's have the best dodge animation, in my opinion.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by koagz

My Popori will be a Slayer. Popori's as Slayer's have the best dodge animation, in my opinion.

yeah, the blade dance lol 

raiding is currently being added in ktera and coming to NA later.

popori are nothing like pandas [Mod Edit]

Hero Evermore

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

I will be rolling Popori too, and did during the beta :-)   It was great being a small woodland creature flipping over my sword taking out enemies!

Though after my beta experience, its left a void as nothing current is holding me over.  Playing some F2P in the meantime (Eden Eternal, Ether Saga)

• santimiarsantimiar Member Posts: 129

Originally posted by deziwright

raiding is currently being added in ktera and coming to NA later.

popori are nothing like pandas [Mod Edit]

you can actually choose a panda as a popori :)