Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mass Effect 3 just pulled a Dragon Age 2 on me its terrible

Comments

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Originally posted by Distopia

Originally posted by Yamota

Except copyright infringement and theft is not the same thing, not even legally. In one case you are actually taking a tangible object and in other case you are making a copy of a piece of software, which violates the copyright. These two are vastly different.

DId you just try and say illegally DLing a copyrighted product (pirating) is not theft? Really?

Oh I'll agree with them... because in the United States...

"If sued for civil copyright infringement, the penalty is up to $100,000 per title infringed. If charged with a criminal violation, the fine is up to $250,000 per title infringed and up to five years imprisonment"

Where if I went into a retail store and shop-lifted the same game... the penalty is no where near as severe.... definitely two different things.

LOL ?

Oh and to be slightly on the topic of ME3... for those that enjoy the game.. I'm happy for you.   Its always nice to find a game you enjoy.   For those that don't enjoy the game... I hope you find a game you do enjoy.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Antarious

Originally posted by Distopia

Originally posted by Yamota

Except copyright infringement and theft is not the same thing, not even legally. In one case you are actually taking a tangible object and in other case you are making a copy of a piece of software, which violates the copyright. These two are vastly different.

DId you just try and say illegally DLing a copyrighted product (pirating) is not theft? Really?

Oh I'll agree with them... because in the United States...

"If sued for civil copyright infringement, the penalty is up to $100,000 per title infringed. If charged with a criminal violation, the fine is up to $250,000 per title infringed and up to five years imprisonment"

Where if I went into a retail store and shop-lifted the same game... the penalty is no where near as severe.... definitely two different things.

LOL ?

Oh and to be slightly on the topic of ME3... for those that enjoy the game.. I'm happy for you.   Its always nice to find a game you enjoy.   For those that don't enjoy the game... I hope you find a game you do enjoy.

It is funny how that works lol, one a felony another a misdemeanor, when they're basically the same crime LOL.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by forest-nl

Not every game can be SUPER game like Bethesda's game Elder Scroll V: Skyrim(300hours gameplay+Creation kit for mods for FREE) only one can be best sorry bioware fans.

for $60+ dollars they better be especially if they are trying to shove DLC down my throat at $10 a pop. Otherwise it's buy used (For consoles) or wait for that edition for $20 with all the DLC included.

Or of course there are other options :P

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Originally posted by Zzad

Bye Bye ME3......

I´ll wait untill they sell it 75% Off on steam :P

You'll be waiting a long time then, because chances are EA won't even release ME3 for Steam and keep is an Origin exclusive due to their attempt to "promote competition between online distribution platforms".

But hey, at least it will save you from a dissapointing ending to an otherwise decent franchise.

• KingPinoyKingPinoy Member Posts: 55

i havent picked up the game yet (gamefly for the win?) anyway maybe single player isnt as good because mp?? idk just guessing but it seems like when a game has mp it takes a lot away from the singleplayer.

• PopplePopple Member UncommonPosts: 239

Originally posted by Ceridith

Originally posted by Zzad

Bye Bye ME3......

I´ll wait untill they sell it 75% Off on steam :P

You'll be waiting a long time then, because chances are EA won't even release ME3 for Steam and keep is an Origin exclusive due to their attempt to "promote competition between online distribution platforms".

But hey, at least it will save you from a dissapointing ending to an otherwise decent franchise.

Sorry but Orgin will not make it...Steam is pretty well set for its community by far more than Ea ever dream of..I and many others will wait when the price drop it might be 6 months or a year..Ea knows this and they "Probably" fell short of there selling for Mass Effect 3..I will wait when the game drops to $20 or less..image

I retired retroactively..Haha

• ZyllosZyllos Member UncommonPosts: 537

Glad everyone else is getting to play the game. I forgot I reformatted my computer and lost my save.

Soooo, I am restarting all over, from ME1 and doing a complete play through. So this should be interesting.

MMOs Played: I can no longer list them all in the 500 character limit.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by gotha

Originally posted by nilden

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/mass-effect-3

That is a lot of negative user reviews.

wow the differnce between them and critics is scary

*cough* reviewers for *cough* AAA games ^^^

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Gaming Sites are no longer about Game Information, but about Advertisement. (Im looking at YOU MMORPG.com)

Reviewers are nothing more than Salesmen. Thats why you see 9/10, 95-100 Scores for reviews of these games even though they suck.

They arent "reviewing" a game, they are trying to SELL it to you.

Any Gaming Site than has Advertisements for games, but at the same time "reviews" those same games can not be trusted to give a non-bias opinion because their Operating Income depends on them not biting the hand that feeds them. Namely the Game Companies that pay them to Advertise

Users are the ONLY people you can even marginally trust with a non-bias opinion because the usually dont have a financial interest (other than the $60 they paid for it) in the game.

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

I've found that metacritic is full of whiny children who will give a game a 0-1 out of 10 for ridiculous reasons like day 1 dlc or the game not being on Steam

Originally posted by PyrateLV

Gaming Sites are no longer about Game Information, but about Advertisement. (Im looking at YOU MMORPG.com)

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

Originally posted by Zekiah

Yeah... we don't generally get this drastic of a difference between actual gamers and critics and across all platforms.

PC - Critics score: 93/100 Gamers Score: 2.2/10

Xbox 360 - Critics Score: 94/100 Gamers Score: 4.9/10

PS3 - Critics Score: 92/100 Gamers Score: 3.4/10

Kind of obvious whats going on here........ sad times for gamers. They aren't even trying to hide it anymore :(

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Yeah... we don't generally get this drastic of a difference between actual gamers and critics and across all platforms.

Kind of obvious whats going on here........ sad times for gamers.

The question is, who is going to step up and do what's right? Who is going to put honesty above monetary interests for a change?

Bueller...Bueller...Bueller...

• DreadbladeDreadblade Member Posts: 384

I tend to agree, the days of getting a pure objective review of a game are long long gone. At least I know I did not buy this game not that they really miss my $60 but I stood up for what I believed was right and that is all we can do.

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

I don't know what the hell some of you are talking about. Mass Effect 3 has been great so far in my opinion. I haven't even been able to put it down. It is getting 90+ reveiews from all the major gaming sites because it is a GREAT game. Pure and simple.

The metacritic user score is once again being brought down by a select vocal minority who are giving the game 0 point scores in an attempt to destroy its reputation. It does not deserve a 0 by any stretch of the imagination. Considering the short period the game has been out, I seriously doubt many of those people have even played it... or much less played it through to completion. What I suspect is that a bunch of angry sandbox fans are ranting against Bioware because they are still upset about what SWTOR turned out to be... even though everyone should have known exactly what it was going to be years before it ever came out.

Seriously... when did Bioware become the new cool thing to hate in the gaming community!? Are people seriously that butt-hurt over SWTOR not being a sandbox? This is just getting ridiculous....

The question is, who is going to step up and do what's right? Who is going to put honesty above monetary interests for a change?

Nobody, because if they do they get fired...........

Termination from GameSpot

Gerstmann was dismissed from his position at GameSpot as Editorial Director on November 28, 2007.[4] Immediately after his termination, rumors circulated proclaiming his dismissal was a result of external pressure from Eidos Interactive the publisher of Kane & Lynch: Dead Men which Gerstmann had previously given a Fair rating, which is relatively undesirable, along with critique.[5] This was at a time when Eidos had been putting heavy advertising money into GameSpot,[5] going as far as transforming the entire website to use a Kane & Lynch theme and background instead of the regular GameSpot layout, regardless of which game or page viewers were seeing. Both GameSpot and parent company CNET stated that his dismissal was unrelated to the negative review, but have never cited any reason why his termination was deserved.[6] In accordance with California State Law and CNET Networks, GameSpot could not give details as to why Gerstmann was terminated.[7] Following Gerstmann's termination, editors Alex Navarro, Ryan Davis, Brad Shoemaker, and Vinny Caravella left GameSpot, feeling that they could no longer work for a publication that was perceived as having caved in to advertiser pressure.[5]

Nobody, because if they do they get fired...........

Termination from GameSpot

Gerstmann was dismissed from his position at GameSpot as Editorial Director on November 28, 2007.[4] Immediately after his termination, rumors circulated proclaiming his dismissal was a result of external pressure from Eidos Interactive the publisher of Kane & Lynch: Dead Men which Gerstmann had previously given a Fair rating, which is relatively undesirable, along with critique.[5] This was at a time when Eidos had been putting heavy advertising money into GameSpot,[5] going as far as transforming the entire website to use a Kane & Lynch theme and background instead of the regular GameSpot layout, regardless of which game or page viewers were seeing. Both GameSpot and parent company CNET stated that his dismissal was unrelated to the negative review, but have never cited any reason why his termination was deserved.[6] In accordance with California State Law and CNET Networks, GameSpot could not give details as to why Gerstmann was terminated.[7] Following Gerstmann's termination, editors Alex Navarro, Ryan Davis, Brad Shoemaker, and Vinny Caravella left GameSpot, feeling that they could no longer work for a publication that was perceived as having caved in to advertiser pressure.[5]

Greed is a powerful thing.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Kind of obvious whats going on here........ sad times for gamers. They aren't even trying to hide it anymore :(

Sad time for gamers?  Did you READ the reviews?

People complained about the Day 1 DLC... as a CE owner... screw them.  They should be happy they even GET it.  They would have cried LOUDER if the CE came with stuff they couldn't even have.

People complaining about Multiplayer... ARE YOU SERIOUS?  You don't like multiplayer? DON'T PLAY it.  It isn't difficult.

Gay scenes ... Ok... (sits down)... seriously.  At NO point did Bioware sit someone down and say... YOU MUST BE HOMO... no.. you have to choose those choices and it's fairly BLATANT when you're on the romance path so even if you accidentally click a few choices to see the SCENES you've decided you WANT to see them.

Finally,

And MOST IMPORTANTLY...

The game just came out YESTERDAY.  Even if someone got the game yesterday and played ALL DAY 24 hrs straight they wouldn't have hit the entire game.  So these reviews are bust.

We scream foul when the game companies don't review "entire" games or spend adequate time in "MMO's" but yet we let any person out there who can type spout off...

Now...

That being said.. I do not have a review.. I am replaying PS3's ME2 because I am in the process of switching platforms (ME, ME2 on PC originally, ME on Xbox)... it's just me.  I will be hitting ME3 this weekend.

Originally posted by Anubisan

I don't know what the hell some of you are talking about. Mass Effect 3 has been great so far in my opinion. I haven't even been able to put it down. It is getting 90+ reveiews from all the major gaming sites because it is a GREAT game. Pure and simple.

The metacritic user score is once again being brought down by a select vocal minority who are giving the game 0 point scores in an attempt to destroy its reputation. It does not deserve a 0 by any stretch of the imagination. Considering the short period the game has been out, I seriously doubt many of those people have even played it... or much less played it through to completion. What I suspect is that a bunch of angry sandbox fans are ranting against Bioware because they are still upset about what SWTOR turned out to be... even though everyone should have known exactly what it was going to be years before it ever came out.

Seriously... when did Bioware become the new cool thing to hate in the gaming community!? Are people seriously that butt-hurt over SWTOR not being a sandbox? This is just getting ridiculous....

Having actually played and beaten the game and feeling the dissapointment many others have felt and being among those that feel the Day 1 DLC was an added slap in the face I gave it a 3. Games worth $20-30 with the DLC included, at $60 it deserves the 2-3/10 rating.

But we are entitled to our own opinion, it's just funny that while most gamers seem to agree that it's bad and some find it to be good ALL of the critics have given it positive reviews.

• DreadbladeDreadblade Member Posts: 384

Originally posted by Ikeda

People complained about the Day 1 DLC... as a CE owner... screw them.  They should be happy they even GET it.  They would have cried LOUDER if the CE came with stuff they couldn't even have.

People complaining about Multiplayer... ARE YOU SERIOUS?  You don't like multiplayer? DON'T PLAY it.  It isn't difficult.

Gay scenes ... Ok... (sits down)... seriously.  At NO point did Bioware sit someone down and say... YOU MUST BE HOMO... no.. you have to choose those choices and it's fairly BLATANT when you're on the romance path so even if you accidentally click a few choices to see the SCENES you've decided you WANT to see them.

Finally,

And MOST IMPORTANTLY...

The game just came out YESTERDAY.  Even if someone got the game yesterday and played ALL DAY 24 hrs straight they wouldn't have hit the entire game.  So these reviews are bust.

We scream foul when the game companies don't review "entire" games or spend adequate time in "MMO's" but yet we let any person out there who can type spout off...

Now...

That being said.. I do not have a review.. I am replaying PS3's ME2 because I am in the process of switching platforms (ME, ME2 on PC originally, ME on Xbox)... it's just me.  I will be hitting ME3 this weekend.

So you are blasting others who have played the game for complaining but you have not played it yet correct, fucking priceless

Finally,

And MOST IMPORTANTLY...

Now...

Glad you wanted to chime in about a game you haven't played yet. Thanks for telling the folks that have know that you know better without even having to open the box. While I don't agree with all of the complaints, I have played it and have given in a 3/10. One of my complaints is the Day 1 DLC. The game is $60 and the DLC increases that, yet the doing the main quest takes next to no time, I'm already half way through my second play through and am doing the side quests this go. Took me longer to do a single play throughs of ME2 and I bought that for 29.99 lol.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Originally posted by Dreadblade

So you are blasting others who have played the game for complaining but you have not played it yet correct, fucking priceless

Yes.. because those are pretty ridiculous complaints.  They were ridiculous before, they are ridiculous now.  

I can't speak to the story or the gameplay and cannot defend or critique them.  But I STILL would find it hard to give any workable game a 0.  0 means the game is not playable, cannot be played, had a start screen and then a the end screen, or the like.

I'm more honest than most of them.. I admit I intend to play the game but haven't.. clearly some of these reviewers haven't even attempted to play.  Read some of their recent ratings... one guy had nothing but 0's and 10's for reviews.. I'm sure I could find a pattern from some of these chumps if I looked.

Don't try to attack my critique by pointing at me.  You should be asking why tools think it's ok to arbitrarily give a 0 to things because they are whining little babies.

@Gray - See but I can understand a 3.  If you played it and the story blew then ok.  But that isn't what I'm pointing at... what I'm pointing at is all the 0's and saying this is unfairly averaging a bogus review into a final number.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

Finally,

And MOST IMPORTANTLY...

Now...

As a point of fact, there are many, many people that reported playing through the title in 12 hours, some in as little as 8-9 hours.

So, unless all of those people are lying, it is perfectly possible to play through in 24 hours.

Which, is itself on the very short side of game play for a title they want $60 for plus DLC on day 1.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Yea I picked the game up late yesterday afternoon and finished it in the early evening--------------NOT!  LOL, I am having loads of fun with it, let you know more when I am finished, when ever that might be

Originally posted by Dreadblade

Yes.. because those are pretty ridiculous complaints.  They were ridiculous before, they are ridiculous now.  

I can't speak to the story or the gameplay and cannot defend or critique them.  But I STILL would find it hard to give any workable game a 0.  0 means the game is not playable, cannot be played, had a start screen and then a the end screen, or the like.

I'm more honest than most of them.. I admit I intend to play the game but haven't.. clearly some of these reviewers haven't even attempted to play.  Read some of their recent ratings... one guy had nothing but 0's and 10's for reviews.. I'm sure I could find a pattern from some of these chumps if I looked.

Don't try to attack my critique by pointing at me.  You should be asking why tools think it's ok to arbitrarily give a 0 to things because they are whining little babies.

@Gray - See but I can understand a 3.  If you played it and the story blew then ok.  But that isn't what I'm pointing at... what I'm pointing at is all the 0's and saying this is unfairly averaging a bogus review into a final number.

You do know most of those 0's and overblown rants wouldn't be there if many didn't feel ripped off right? This is what happens when gamers feel slighted. We get a bit overzealous when we feel a company has done us wrong, some more so than others. If you've been on this site for any length of time you know that.