Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wasd isnt the issue!the game is bugged!

drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

ok i tested this a bit,not long mind you but enough to find some inconsistancy!first tho you ll need to slow the two keyboard setting (w7)to their minimum!why?cause stupidly the protect ncsoft use to protect their game only scan every second.nope it doesnt looks like it is full live !so if your response time is too fast on keyboard the protection interferer since last time your were say in ny and the other time you were in la,since you didnt clic anything but it sensed keyboard interaction it tried to know what you did since you only moved wasd it ok it!but since it doesnt look buffered for 2 second say!you get all kind of issue .by slowing down the two keyboard setting this happen less but it still does because your reaction time is way faster then the tool they use to scan for hack!for character!if you clic anything that can be interacted with,and then try to move somewhere whatever happen it is stuck facing that so you go to la,the npc you clicked was in ny at the end of the run you wont be facing la but ny!(WTF)

these are easilly correctable issue that would go a long way toward improving wasd movement!also why no camera lock behind character?

Comments

• koira1koira1 Member UncommonPosts: 264

uhh, what? i have read that first post twice and i have no idea what you are trying to say..

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

you set wasd on:your with your character:you clic on something in game:then you move on WITH wasd:when you end you wasd movement,the charater will face where you clicked so if say you faced the temple when you clicked then whatever you do you will be facing that way when you end you wasd movment!

pando or whatever protection they use is too slow.it doesnt detect your connection or i dont know what it use to default cause if i kbew i would rise it to proper level.upload speed in pando is 50 k ?is this true!if it is then it need to be rised to at least 500 kb/s for those with proper bandwith!(or 25% of upload speed)

pando is like this:(or the ingame protection on l2)it detect you doing something !it think about it for 2 second(while this is going on your game isnt being autorised by protection to be updated (wasd)so if you are moving at 2 o clock and suddenly see me coming from 2 o clock you try to move to 8 o clock but it will take the security about 1 to 2 second to respond to the change you just made via wasd.i bet it is just a setting from ncsoft or pando or whoever does supply this but in the end it cause all the issue

people have with wasd.we had similar issue at aion lunch because the protection was interfering with game.and no it doesnt need to be removed plenty of game use same tool but they set it properly !

i hope this longer version is more comprehensible!

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

That reaction allready exist befor pando booster, so i dont think its pando doing that but maybe the way L2 comunicate with servers.

I dont understand much about network, but when u lost connection with server, we cant do anything on game, not even move our char. In other games, npcs disapear but we still running around with our char untill we realise that server went down. Seams L2 comunicate with servers in a diferent way that other games around.

alrigth, now it makes more sense. but, for 1 Pando isnt a game protection system its the download p2p software they are currently using (once the launcher has updated itself, just close PMD.exe or it will eat your internet away and leave you with 0 bandwindth), from what i recall L2 uses Gameguard. same for Aion, but they ditched it as you said, it cause major problems in Aion.

Next, L2 was not designed to have WASD controls, it was just added because people asked for it, and its terrible, just use your mouse with point and click, its much better, and was designed for.

And for once more, remember to close PMD.exe in taskmanager, when the game is done updating.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

ty for tip about pando !didnt know i could close it!can i close or optimise gameguard setting

i dont recommend touching Gameguard, as its the anti-cheat software they use. you can google it if you want but modifying the client can lead to more trouble..