Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mass Effect 3 just pulled a Dragon Age 2 on me its terrible

Comments

• Meerkat93Meerkat93 Member Posts: 61

Originally posted by Laughing-man

Originally posted by Meerkat93

I could really do this all day.

By do this you mean post a user review that you don't like?

No I mean post user review that are by far disporportoinant (I suck at spelling) to the score that follows even more so then the critics.

Because Metacritic user reviews aren't really reviews.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

No I mean post user review that are by far disporportoinant (I suck at spelling) to the score that follows even more so then the critics.

Show me a better site with a game rating system.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• Skatty2007Skatty2007 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 231

Originally posted by Skatty2007

Originally posted by Ceridith

And even so, even using the "they just hate EA" excuse, how many fanboys are skewing the results with perfect 10s? Like I said before, the skewing goes both ways.

Because 9 and 10s are more accurate for a gmae like ME3 than a 1 or 0.

Except for the people who think ME3 is a 1 or a 0.

An old buddy of mine who wrote reviews for movies once told me, "You have every right to an opinion, that is until you write a review then you owe it to other people to be as objective as you can.".

Rating a game 0 1 or two on a scale of 1 to 10 means it is absolute shit, and unless you let you own personal dislikes of a certain publisher get in the way of Mass Effect 3 you'd see that its no 0-2.

Maybe I should stop expecting people to be fair and unbias when righting user reviews?

Not at all - expect what you want out of people.  I certainly have my own (warranted or unwarranted) expectations of people.

I guess it comes down to what a 1 and a 0 means.  If a game is technincally flawless, but is the worst game an individual has ever played in their life and wish they would have spent that time hanging from an electric fence from their private parts (exaggeration noted, but stated for emphasis), I think a 1 or a 0 could be a very warranted rating from those people that were basing it on how much fun and enjoyment it gave them.

To them, that is a fair and unbiased rating of the game cause it failed to meet ANY criteria that the reviewer was basing the 0-10 rating on.

I'm not creative enough to have a signature

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Once again, read through the user reviews, pick out the relevant critique, and ignore the blind fanboyism and hate.

• BilboDogginsBilboDoggins Member Posts: 198

Playing ME3 right now and as an RPG its superior to ME2 in every way. Way more cusomization (just not as much as  ME1).

ME3 is all the good parts of ME2+ more RPG. Its a better ME2 and RPG in general.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

well, haters be hatin. im glad i put down $60 for it, and i was really close to playing it through other means. im enjoying it, and if anyone is looking for advice regarding ME3: if you liked ME2, you will love ME3 because it's basically an improvement in every respect. if youre a Baldur's Gate purist or some shit, then i cant help you. dont care about BW, TOR and DA2 did suck, but im lovin my ME3.

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953

Sure, that would be like saying everyone on this site are more accurate then the actual figures of say statues of a game. I remember few years back , "WoW will fail huge, their numbers are falling already"... few months later "WoW membership reaches 5million world wide" , that was laughable indeed. Hell look at anyone making a comment about a game, even me.

Point is, PC gamer for example would not have millions sold a month if no one thought their info was no good and more. I read more "I got my butt hurt because I can't offord a,b,c " then anything else in this thread. No reasons, no remarks of actual game mechanics , nothing.

The pc gamer review was pretty much on with what the game is and intails, my score is a bit lower then theirs and I just started the game. But in no way is it dragon age 2, that was a train wreck but I would still give it a 75 in a score. It had repeditive areas constantly, the combat was fun, story was good at points, but it was playable. There was however no replay etc. So in the end, hate EA/Bioware all you want. For me, still a viable developing house and publisher.

I enjoy battlefield series, sims and more from EA and even some sport games. Sorry you got your E-Pon hurt along the way, but everyone here has yet to say anything that is actually realted to this game they can't take from a demo, to which for me equals, your full of crap.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

Originally posted by nilden

Show me a better site with a game rating system.

I don't think there is one honestly.

While I disagree with 90% of the ratings on here (mostly due to peoples egos about 1 MMO or another) MMORPG.com has a pretty good rating system.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

So the big question for me is, is the DLC that everyone is up in arms about anything that brings the experience down without having it? Or is it just a side quest or some ****?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Distopia

So the big question for me is, is the DLC that everyone is up in arms about anything that brings the experience down without having it? Or is it just a side quest or some ****?

Nice quest but not needed, adds to the game no doubt, but won't kill it. If that helps.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by chaintm

Nice quest but not needed, adds to the game no doubt, but won't kill it. If that helps.

That's what I suspected.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

That's what I suspected.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/9403705 

just so you can read up on it, as stated it adds to the game IE new companion and looks, but nothing that kills the core game or makes you feel like it was taken out in gameplay as they did with dragonage 2,. so this one is ok.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

That's what I suspected.

just so you can read up on it, as stated it adds to the game IE new companion and looks, but nothing that kills the core game or makes you feel like it was taken out in gameplay as they did with dragonage 2,. so this one is ok.

I thought it wasn't the gameplay that the DLC caused outrage over, but rather the fact that they segmented a fairly important part of the storyline out with the sole purpose of getting people to spend more than just 60$ on the game.

It is just a companion, yes, but the quest for that companion ties into a fairly pinacle part of the story (for those that have played ME1, they should know this).

I have no idea as to whether or not it has any effect on the ending, but it's still a pretty shady thing to do for a new game.

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

I don't think its EA hate(I love BF3 and play it a ton).  EA just does not know how to leave a company alone.  Everyone knew that once EA aquired Bioware it would be ripped apart and slowly eaten alive, and its amazing how many people expect any different.  Bioware still releases above quality products, but they do not release amazing products.  It was a sad day when the owners decided to sell Bioware and whatever their reasons they still made out and unfortunately their brand name has taken a nose dive.  Overall its a sad release for such an epic series to not have been given the time and love that the first and second one was given.  We want to play games, not watch a movie plot go by.  I thought that VCD crap died out, guess with new graphics and spiffy cinematics we might just release stuff where you are a subplot of the actual game play.

I'm also with people on how game magazines used to give solid scores for games have became crap.  I've subbed to Pcgamer for the last 10 years and this time the sub will not be renewed, I am sick and tired of seeing garbage being rated super high that has no business being that high (For example DC Universe MMO of the year?)  Like what shitstick where they smoking. 

Originally posted by aesperus

That's what I suspected.

I thought it wasn't the gameplay that the DLC caused outrage over, but rather the fact that they segmented a fairly important part of the storyline out with the sole purpose of getting people to spend more than just 60$ on the game.

It is just a companion, yes, but the quest for that companion ties into a fairly pinacle part of the story (for those that have played ME1, they should know this).

I have no idea as to whether or not it has any effect on the ending, but it's still a pretty shady thing to do for a new game.

For the people that can actually think and had a true interest in this game, we knew dlc was coming as it was announced in the collectors pre-order... mission plus companion. The dlc outrage was a guy that found the code within the core game for the dlc. What the moron didn't know (because he's not a coder) is it was a plug-in for the mission when it was downloaded. You couldn't hack it and play it, it wasn't even finished till the game was gold. Point being, while people will bitch and moan about dlc, it doesn't kill one aspect of the core game. If you never knew about it, you would never miss it. What it adds is some lore, some cool combat, a companion and a gun. 

As mentioned elswhere, for 10 bucks, if you don't care for ME lore, pass till it goes cheaper. If you do , then worth the buy. The question in this thread was basicly "does the dlc kill the game without it" and the answer is again no, it doesn't, but it does add to it, as a dlc should. In dragon age 2, the dlc offered right away made the game night and day and those there after, but that's a whole other subject.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Oh my. Thank goodness I passed this.

The entire objective/subjective discussion aside: how can it be ALL mags review it 9 or 10 of 10, and 600+ players get to an average of 2.3? I understand some gamers may be overly harsh in some cases, but sorry, for me the entire game mags have LONG ago lost all credibility. They are just paid puppets of the industry.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Originally posted by Elikal

The entire objective/subjective discussion aside: how can it be ALL mags review it 9 or 10 of 10, and 600+ players get to an average of 2.3? I understand some gamers may be overly harsh in some cases, but sorry, for me the entire game mags have LONG ago lost all credibility. They are just paid puppets of the industry.

Been saying this for years now. To be honest, I'm surprised more people haven't caused a massive stink right about now.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• jedensuscgjedensuscg Member Posts: 209

Death to EA, thats all I have to say.  Anything they touch turns into a cash crop for them, but a disaster to ACTUAL gamers (as opposed to sheeple that will pay for anything that looks neat) EA makes enough cash from the more casual gamers that just simply don't or stopped demanding quality games that they could care less about making somthing truely awesome.  I mean really, if you knew your college professor would give you an A for a report no matter how bad you wrote it, you really think you would spend more then a hour writing it?

• jedensuscgjedensuscg Member Posts: 209

If only developers/publishers spent the money paying off the game mag industry on there games instead, how fricking amazing games would be?  But even with tons of money, its a matter of "here is a few grand to write a positive review", instead of spending the extra year of development time.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Just dont buy it and don't even pirate it. 

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

Maybe what needs to happen is for an Attorney General or state Representative to file some subpoenas and look into the shenanigans that appear to be going on behind closed doors.  EA is beginning to look like the Telcom industry of the late 1970s just based on its acquistions. These reviews stink to high heavens of something nefarious.

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

Elikal I thought you were smarter than this...

If 73 (or what ever the number is now) gave the game between 8 and 10, do you honestly think all of those 73+ People where large enough for A)EA to care about wheather or not they liked their game or B)Have large enough traffic to their site to justify paying them money for ADVERTISMENT.

What makes the reviews of 73+ people anyless valid then the reviews of 600+ most of which more then likely never touched the game and are simply butt hurt over the day one DLC?

I came to this sight to get away from places like /v/ and even Reddit, turns out this place may be just as bad.

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

I'm not sure what all the drama is about but I'm about 6 hours in and loving the game so far. I just beat ME2 again on Friday last week, so I have a direct comparison between the two games. The entire game just feels refined over its predecessor, the only gripe I can think of is stream lining the conversation choices. Although I'm not too concerned about that, as there are still plenty of chances to investigate topics and still have meaningful choices.

I just don't see how this can even be compared to the whole DA:O vs DA2. I can understand why people would be completely upset about the direction of DA2. Bioware drastically altered the formula from origins to 2 and not everyone is going to like the changes. In addition that game definitely felt rushed but it still had its merits. In contrast ME3 is really just MORE ME2, just slightly shinier and more polished. So if you don't like ME3 AT ALL, I'd assume you didn't care too much for ME2.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Longest, most stressful game install I've EVER done.

Been home for 3 hours after having picked up the game.

Pop in DVD1 of 2.  ONLY button on it says 'install origin'.  I have Origin installed but I click it anyway.  I hear whirry noises and then the game launcher proceeds to....... do nothing.

I open Origin, take the game code and activate it in ORIGIN.   I now have to download 10+ gigs.  Takes a while.  Uses up a chunk of my monthly bandwidth (which is lame)

Once it is done, I put in the pre-order code, only to have ORIGIN recognize the code, then deem it invalid.

Try putting the code in on BioWare's lame ass social crap, cuz there weren't enough places to be logged into already, but it says the pre-order code has already been used.  Wonderful.

I'm not the only one with this issue and more, apparently:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/344/index/9653252

Meanwhile...PIRATE clicks a hacked .exe and plays ME3.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

I've only been playing a couple hours but I think ME3 is great so far.  But I've pretty much liked every bioware title since Kotor.