Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mass Effect 3 just pulled a Dragon Age 2 on me its terrible

kareem12345kareem12345 Member Posts: 25

i have been looking forward to mass effect 3 for along time . when it finally got relased today i play the game and it feels cheap! im playing the game on maxed out graphics and it looks terrible just like bioware did with dragon age 2 i had a feeling they where gonna do this but man its a waste of 60 bucks imo what do you guys think of it?

Comments

• wireyankeewireyankee Member Posts: 36

Dragon Age 2 was enough of a dissapointment. This saddens me.

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101

SO INCREDIBLY DISAPPOINTED IN THIS

MAJOR HUGE SPOILERS TO THE GAME

My biggest issues with it were

A) The treatment of old characters: really? kill everyone? Kill thane, kill Miri, kill Mordin/Wrex, possibly kill both Tali and Legion, let Samara kill herself if you don't Paragon hard enough. SO ANGRY. Like, literally, the second I knew Samara was going to make an appearance I told myself 'yup, she's going to die.' And she almost did. Ugh, so extraordianarily contrived.

B) THE ENDINGS. Most unsatisfying, bullshit endings I've seen in a video game. Ever. Worse than FO3. ESPECIALLY BECAUSE THEY ENDED WITH LIKE A STUPID SEQUENCE OF SOME KID WHO LITERALLY ASKED 'WHEN AM I GOING TO THE STARS DADDY' AFTER HIS 'DADDY' EXPLAINS THAT THE WHOLE SERIES WAS SOME BULLSHIT LEGEND HE WAS TELLNG HIS KID.

REALLY? Also, where the hell was the music?

And the frusterating part? The rest of the game is good, really, really good.

Also, I think I spent the majority of my playthrough crying as characters were killed off for no good reason.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Well, I wasted some money on Amalur and I didn't like that game. I don't think I've bought a Bioware single player game after Dragonage, and that was due to the continuous pushing of DLC. To this day I haven't played DA2 and I may end up skipping ME3 for the same reason.

I don't mind the DLCs. I just need to feel that I got my money's worth when buying them. In the case of DA I felt I got suckered and thus I've been avoiding Bioware products ever since, waiting for the full complete game, which is usually the year edition. This is how I buy Bethesda products btw.

• Nadya3Nadya3 Member Posts: 348

i was going to buy it, but there are so many negative reviews and comments about ME3.  i think im gonna save some money and will pass from buying it.

ever since Bioware got mixed with EA  every single one of their games ends up badly.

i got to play the Demo,  and most say i was very dissapointed specially for the poor mediocre graphics.   in ME3 every female character looks like the long lost twin sister of Joker from Batman.

• FntSize72LOLFntSize72LOL Member Posts: 45

For some reason this got me laughing for about 5 minutes straight.

• DOGMA1138DOGMA1138 Member UncommonPosts: 476

Originally posted by star

SO INCREDIBLY DISAPPOINTED IN THIS

MAJOR HUGE SPOILERS TO THE GAME

My biggest issues with it were

A) The treatment of old characters: really? kill everyone? Kill thane, kill Miri, kill Mordin/Wrex, possibly kill both Tali and Legion, let Samara kill herself if you don't Paragon hard enough. SO ANGRY. Like, literally, the second I knew Samara was going to make an appearance I told myself 'yup, she's going to die.' And she almost did. Ugh, so extraordianarily contrived.

B) THE ENDINGS. Most unsatisfying, bullshit endings I've seen in a video game. Ever. Worse than FO3. ESPECIALLY BECAUSE THEY ENDED WITH LIKE A STUPID SEQUENCE OF SOME KID WHO LITERALLY ASKED 'WHEN AM I GOING TO THE STARS DADDY' AFTER HIS 'DADDY' EXPLAINS THAT THE WHOLE SERIES WAS SOME BULLSHIT LEGEND HE WAS TELLNG HIS KID.

REALLY? Also, where the hell was the music?

And the frusterating part? The rest of the game is good, really, really good.

Also, I think I spent the majority of my playthrough crying as characters were killed off for no good reason.

SPOILERS CONTINUED

Well there are "9" endings or 18 if you count the ones where shepard lives...

The idea of the post credit scene which is the same for all endings(which is odd since the worst bad one you seem to blow up the entire galaxy in) is that its in the far future way pass the events of Mass Effect 3, im not quite sure where they are since you can see both a dead earth and the moon in that scene but yeah basicaly the entire saga is some guy telling a kid the legend of shepard.

Personaly i've kinda liked some of the "treatment" they did to the chars, some were very surprising some were just yeah meh. Tali's suicide was pretty socking to me, and it was pretty much the most unexpected thing in the game.

But yeah i agree that in general the game is quite a huge dissapointment, it felt like somthing between Crysis 2 and MW3, the story was way too "dramatic" and not in a good way, and the cheap tricks were just tiredsome at the end.

I dont mind a game playing on your emotions, i've kinda liked it but honestly ME3 did it way too much, like it tried to poke every nerv and close ever "lose" thread they had in the entire saga.

I've also didn't liked the whole cerberous idea to be frank if they made the citidel the enemy from the let go it woud've been much more intersting.

I think they've watched too many reruns of BSG and desided to go for this all happened before and it will all happen again theme but never glued it back.

Most of the things the illusive man does just dont make any shred of sence during the entire story, and the intresting part is just the ghost of a boy and like 30 seconds of dialog.

I've hated the combat too, the FOV is so small that some enemies are just annoying, and it makes many addons like scopes basically useless. Overall the combat unlike in ME1 and in ME2 felt more like a chior than any thing else, just get over with it since they went the same formula as COD in which you sit in one spot and the enemies just keep respawning till you can move to the next.

The enemies were dumb, dull and unimaginative and i honestly think that they made cerberous the main villan so you could have some "humaniod" enemies in there that are not insanely stupid and either just relly on shere numbers or shere amount of HP(god damnit it takes half your ammo to take down a banshee) to prevent you from just hitting AR and storming the place.

Jesus i cant belive i've spent 69.99EU on that crap and didn't even get the DLC, i've unlocked the game played it trough with multiple saves so far had 5 "diffrent" endings and where is my prothean?

Damn it EA go to hell and take BW with you.....

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

WOW! Just WOW! Is the game this short, that you already finish it in a couple hours??  I mean... I spend nearly 2 weeks playing every single night for hours to finish ME2 . /shrug

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

I am still waiting for my copy :( The goddamn game releases on Friday in the UK.

@OP, you moan about graphics? LOL? I played the demo and the graphics were a little bit better than ME2 but I thought it still looked amazing. But then again I am not going to listen to any negative reviews because people say that they hated the demo yet I loved it.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

SPOILER QUESTION BELOW

Did they honestly pull the 'it was all a dream' card? REALLY?!?

If so then... then... I don't know what to say.

Not to mention the fact that it's so short people have actually finished it already...

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Originally posted by Rednecksith

SPOILER QUESTION BELOW

Not to mention the fact that it's so short people have actually finished it already...

That's what I find really hard to believe. That people already finished it??  I pretty much only did the obligated side missions in ME2 (to keep all my companions alive in the end) and still I spend hours each night, playing almost 2 weeks straight to finish it!  And now, just half a day since US release, people are already posting they finished it??   This is really troublesome.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

How long is the game to have come out today and be played until  finished ..even one story much less 8 or so? Short is one thing but "The Bouncer" short is ridiculous. (For anyone that remembers that horribly brief PS2 game)

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/mass-effect-3

That is a lot of negative user reviews.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• DOGMA1138DOGMA1138 Member UncommonPosts: 476

Originally posted by BarCrow

How long is the game to have come out today and be played until  finished ..even one story much less 8 or so? Short is one thing but "The Bouncer" short is ridiculous. (For anyone that remembers that horribly brief PS2 game)

First time i played trough it i went at 50% readyness and around 3.5K "Strenght" took me 5 hours and 18 min...

and i've done about 6-5 side missions which most of them are "COOP" style run around and survive crap...

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Stop buying games at launch maybe?

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Originally posted by nilden

You don't think the DLC has altered peoples opinions on the game at all do you?

People are sheep.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Not every game can be SUPER game like Bethesda's game Elder Scroll V: Skyrim(300hours gameplay+Creation kit for mods for FREE) only one can be best sorry bioware fans.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Yet the "Critics" reviews are all glowing and wonderful.

hmmm.

Strange?

Originally posted by Laughing-man

hmmm.

Strange?

I don't give a fuck about user reviews. There is no fuckin way the game deserves 2.3. Fuck users, read critic reviews :)

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Originally posted by fivoroth

hmmm.

Strange?

I don't give a fuck about user reviews. There is no fuckin way the game deserves 2.3. Fuck users, read critic reviews :)

So you are saying it deserves a 93?

hmmm.

Strange?

So you are saying it deserves a 9.3?

I don't know if it deserves 9.3. Probably not. I still haven't played it. But 2.3 is just ridiculous.

• Meerkat93Meerkat93 Member Posts: 61

Originally posted by forest-nl

Not every game can be SUPER game like Bethesda's game Elder Scroll V: Skyrim(300hours gameplay+Creation kit for mods for FREE) only one can be best sorry bioware fans.

I beat Skyrim in 3 hours...

I actually enjoy both but your E-peening is very funny.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Lol OP did this surpprise you after Dragon age 2 and swtor desaster?

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101

Originally posted by Rednecksith

SPOILER QUESTION BELOW

Yes, they did. Well, the pulled a 'this is the legend of commander shepard i'm telling to my kid' card. Ugh.

And the game isn't as short as I think you believe it is. I powered through the main quests doing the minimum possible side quests and it still took me almost 18 hours. 7am to nearly 2am.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I don't give **** about user reviews. There is noway the game deserves 2.3. Fuck users, read critic reviews :)

So you are saying it deserves a 93?

Yes because if you don't agree with deflated reviews you obviously agree with inflated reviews..... /sigh

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

hmmm.

Strange?

So you are saying it deserves a 9.3?

I don't know if it deserves 9.3. Probably not. I still haven't played it. But 2.3 is just ridiculous.

Heh.

I'm sure all of the mainstream gaming media will rate it in the 90's just like every other big title with tons of marketing cash so what's the problem? Just go buy it.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky