Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Z word...

sketchy_sketchy_ Member UncommonPosts: 137

I haven't been following this game that much. Nothing really caught my interest at first look, but I keep an eye on it now and then just in case. You never know.

So I watched some gameplay videos today and saw zombies.... really? "#%¤!" ZOMBIES!?

I'm so sick and tired of zombies I wanna throw up all over my desk. They are boring, dull and overdone in all friggin ways possible. They are everywhere in games, tv series, movies, magazines... Can't developers come up with something else? Doesn't matter if zombies are just a small part of game to me. If a movie or game has one single zombie it's one too many.

Sure fantasy themed monsters are overdone as well... but nothing want me to bash my head against a wall as much as zombies do.

Not sure where I'm going with this except I HATE ZOMBIES!!! at least I got that said. :D

"If I had a d*ck, I'd go get laid. But we can do that next best thing... Let's kill people."

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Gah! I thought we were going to talk about Zebras.

Yet another under-served demographic, those Zebras.

But, yeah, Zombies are way overdone.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• RoybeRoybe Member UncommonPosts: 420

I want Zombie Zebras...a very underserved demographic!

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Zombies are awesome.

• Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388

Well, the game has zombies so...

...there, I guess.

Thread done?

• Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388

Originally posted by Roybe

I want Zombie Zebras...a very underserved demographic!

OMG!!! CAN HAZ ZEBRA ZOMBIES NAO PLZ!!!

On a more serious note, even if it was just a single zebra zombie it would be awesome.

Make him a raid level boss that randomly tears through leveling zones, terrorizing poor newbs. And call him Zed. Zebra Zombie Zed.

Edit: Thread NOT done, I guess.

• XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516

Zombies are forever. 

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

I thought zebras too. Zombies are ok though. I want a game where you get to PLAY the zombie. Yes, fight those dastardly humans!

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

Wasn't there a thread like this where someone complained about Spiders being in every game?

I don't think zombies will be in every location, instance, etc. Unless you count mummies/vampires as zombies.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

Originally posted by sketchy_

(...)

Not sure where I'm going with this except I HATE ZOMBIES!!! at least I got that said. :D

you know., zombies are not about being loved, right? it's the intention to hate em ^^

mission accomplished i'd say.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• SlukjanSlukjan Member UncommonPosts: 265

Originally posted by Zaltark

I thought zebras too. Zombies are ok though. I want a game where you get to PLAY the zombie. Yes, fight those dastardly humans!

ever heard of Left 4 Dead?  You can play the zombies.

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

I know I have L4D2, but thats only like a 4man coop thing. This is an mmo.

• gainesvilleggainesvilleg Member CommonPosts: 1,053

I haven't been following this game that much. Nothing really caught my interest at first look, but I keep an eye on it now and then just in case. You never know.

So I watched some gameplay videos today and saw zombies.... really? "#%¤!" ZOMBIES!?

I'm so sick and tired of zombies I wanna throw up all over my desk. They are boring, dull and overdone in all friggin ways possible. They are everywhere in games, tv series, movies, magazines... Can't developers come up with something else? Doesn't matter if zombies are just a small part of game to me. If a movie or game has one single zombie it's one too many.

Sure fantasy themed monsters are overdone as well... but nothing want me to bash my head against a wall as much as zombies do.

Developers love zombies because it is a great excuse for crappy AI.  "Hey of course they just run right at you, they are zombies!"

GW2 "built from the ground up with microtransactions in mind"
    1) Cash->Gems->Gold->Influence->WvWvWBoosts = PAY2WIN
    2) Mystic Chests = Crass in-game cash shop advertisements

Originally posted by Zaltark

I know I have L4D2, but thats only like a 4man coop thing. This is an mmo.

What about undead in WoW?  They sorta look like zombies.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Will there be pony zombies?

Originally posted by fenistil

Will there be pony zombies?

There is a donkey zombie on Your Dungeon My Dragon.

• taziartaziar Member Posts: 52

That could make for a rather memorable donkey show...

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Originally posted by Xzen

Zombies are awesome.

To Zombie or Not to Zombie,

That is the question.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

Well youre in luck.  In TSW you can kill all the zombies you like.

• sketchy_sketchy_ Member UncommonPosts: 137

Originally posted by svann

It's not just that I hate zombies... I hate killing them, I hate seeing them, I hate the thought of them etc etc... I mean this game has an otherwise great theme of monsters. Why would you throw in the most boring of them all in the game. I don't get it.

I'm actually so damn tired of zombies that my interest for this game dropped way down.

"If I had a d*ck, I'd go get laid. But we can do that next best thing... Let's kill people."

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

It's not just that I hate zombies... I hate killing them, I hate seeing them, I hate the thought of them etc etc... I mean this game has an otherwise great theme of monsters. Why would you throw in the most boring of them all in the game. I don't get it.

I'm actually so damn tired of zombies that my interest for this game dropped way down.

one zone has zombies, and it may only be part of the zone.  i dont think i've ever had my excitement level for a game increase or drop because of the mobs it had in it.  but, to each his/her own. 

I've got the straight edge.

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

At least the game isnt fantasy based like the other 147632 MMOs on the market. Shouldnt that redeem itself for its inclusion of zombies?

• Asuran24Asuran24 Member Posts: 517

What i find so funny here is that you are basically complaining about a game that is being based around myths, legends, as well as such using a primary monster of most modern culture media. Though the term zombie is a pretty terrible thing really here as zombies in the movies are not traditional zombies at all, but more closely like european ghouls actually. I would suggest if you find somethign like a zombie so much of an issue then sto playing mmos, fantasy-based, alot f sci-fi based games as well as in one shape or antoher zombies exist in each of those genres so where. Honestly i would call out funcom n being a failure f they did not put in zombies, as whay the hell is one of the iconic monster types being left out really. I will say once more the game is being based around myths, as well as legends, which is the core of the story-line of  the actual game that connects all of it together. Which would be more fail to have completely neglect one entire creature types within the mythology of our world, or to include a overly used creature that is widely loved by many groups of players?

The op should really learn to either deal with not getting everythign how they wish, learning to read the lore, as well as enjoy the intereesting ways of old well worn concept is being redone for new content, just the same as the rest of the people complaining should as well. It is said to see so many trlly laughable complaints coming from people, most of all about somethign that is really a core concpet to the game, and that you can tell is from merely spending minimal time reading the actual site info on the game site itself.

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835

You are aware the entire background for this game revolves around EVERYTHING being true?  To not include zombies would have been the dumbest decision they could have possible made based on that concept.  This tells me you are either trolling hard or you haven't even attempted to crack the book on this title.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Talking about zombies ...

... I kind of wonder if the game will include sparkling vampires. You know, hit them with a flashlight and they go all disco ball on us.

• Asuran24Asuran24 Member Posts: 517

Originally posted by Xasapis

Talking about zombies ...

... I kind of wonder if the game will include sparkling vampires. You know, hit them with a flashlight and they go all disco ball on us.

Only if you have normal vampires and the flashlight is a uv-flashlight that emits the same wavelength of light as the sun. So then when you hit the sparkly vampire all the normal vampires burst into ash, and you might even blind the pour little jock lycanthropes that are hiding about the room too.